1st Cycle help - Test E / Anavar

364DP

Awards
Hey guys, so I have a few questions about a cycle I want to run. This is my first cycle other than a 3 week Superdrol cycle that I ran last summer and got real good gains from. I know you guys probably think that I’m a bit young for a real cycle but I am doing it for athletic reasons and don’t have time to max out my full natural potential, that’s why I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. With that being said, I’ve been training for about 6 years, the last 2 of those correctly and seriously. I’m in pretty good control of my diet and have gone from 160 lbs @ 10% 2 years ago to 210 lbs @ around 12% currently (6’4”).

So here’s what I have opted for:
Wks 1-12: test enan @ 500mg

I also have 6 weeks worth of var @ 40 mg a day that a friend gave me real good deal on. However, I wasn’t sure if I should run it wks 1-6, or do it weeks 8-14 so that it clears the same time as the test and I can go straight into PCT on wk 15.

It also crossed my mind that I could start with 3 weeks of superdrol and finish with the var but I know that most people don’t like doing more than one methylated oral. And I also felt like crap on the superdrol and it hit my blood pressure and cholesterol pretty hard.

I could also run the var @ 30 mg for the first 4 weeks and last 4 weeks but I haven’t really heard of anyone doing this, most people seem to like var for 6 weeks min. Is there any reason this would be a bad idea? I know test e takes around 4-5 weeks to kick in so I thought it would be an easy solution to run 4 weeks of lower dose var at each end of the cycle. I’m also planning on frontloading the test with 1000 mg the first week and 750 the second to see if this helps speed things up and because I have extra. Wish I could get my hands on some test prop but I can’t.

For PCT, I’m going to be running Nolva/Clomid inversely with some Rebound XT and Activate. Also using Fenugreek and DHEA. I also can get HCG and have read that a lot of people find it to be pretty much essential for a lot of longer cycles. Should I invest in some? And, for this cycle, what would be the best scheme for running the HCG? I’ve read everything from taking it the whole cycle to taking it from week 4 on to taking it from a week before PCT through PCT. Any thoughts?

For support supps, I’m taking:

Milk Thistle
NAC
ALA
Vit E
Vit C
Niacin
Glucosamin/Chondriotin/Celadrin
Cissus RX
Omega 369
Hawthorne Berry
Policosanol
RYR w CoQ10
Garlic
Saw Palmetto
Celery Seed
Twinlab BP
Multi Vitamin

A lot I know but I’d like to stay on the safe side. I'll also be getting pre cycle and post PCT bloodwork done and checking BP throughout.

Also, I’d like to take some preventative measures for hair. I have a full head of hair but was wondering what you guys think would be the best preventative measure that would also not hinder gains too much. Most of the stuff I’ve read pertains more to people trying to regrow hair, not so much to maintaining it on cycle. I could get finesteride or dutasteride. Would those inhibit DHT too much to take on cycle though? Would something topical like nizoral be of any help as a preventative measure while on?

Sorry for the long post, hopefully I didn’t ask too many uninformed questions. I’ve been researching this stuff for a couple years and have some ideas about most of the questions I asked but just wanted to see what you guys’ thoughts were in my particular case and for this particular cycle. Thanks a lot, I’ve really enjoyed reading all of the information at AM, you guys are a huge help.

364DP

Awards
Going on 22. Sorry, I thought it posted that automatically on the side.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
pretty good control of my diet
Well before everybody gets on you about this why don't you post your diet and training? Because gear is not a miracle pill. You need to be eating and training right before you jump on gear.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
^^^ What he said. :)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, ditto what he said^^^^

Quite a lot of support supplements.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
holy crap you gonna live forever with all those supps.

logan

logan

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm also bumping the diet check.

You are close to my stats. I'm 24, 6'3 and 215lbs at around 13% bodyfat. When I started I was only a 160lbs; I could have played Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas if they ever made a live version. :rofl:

I've bulked up to 225-230lbs last winter. Now I'm a lot leaner. However I got to where I am with out the aid of superdrol or any other ph or aas.

All I'm trying to say is that you could have easily made it to where you are without the superdrol and I'm sure you could even go a bit further if you wanted to without aas.
It really all comes down to nutrition.

Just make sure you feel you have honestly really nailed down the art of eating. Only then will you truely get the most out of a cycle.

I know you're pain brother. It's not easy being tall sometimes. We have a huge frame to fill. But when we do fill it out , watch out!!:twisted:

364DP

Awards
Yeah no problem, I meant to post it before but forgot.
I eat five - six meals a day. I eat at my school's cafeteria so it's pretty easy to eat the same stuff every day even when it gets boring. Six egg whites every morning and some rolled oats. After my morning class I usually eat a couple bananas and some grape nuts (love those). Around 2 I eat skinless chicken breast that the lady that works there makes especially for me and my buddy, it's like 99% lean, tastes real good too. I have 2 chicken breasts each for two of my middle meals around when I workout/go to practice. Usually eat a salad with each of these chicken meals, no dressing. I also eat a lot of sliced turkey sandwiches on whole grain bread with mustard and tomato. Quick and easy and I can sneak them out of the cafeteria to eat later. Also, I eat tuna pretty regularly (a pack a day) even though I hate the stuff. I also snack on this unsalted organic nut mix I got at the health food store around here. It's got almonds/cashews/peanuts, I go through a lot of that. Also usually eat a peanut butter sandwhich before bed, natural peanut butter and whole grain bread obviously. I try to do the whole fat+protein in morning and night and carb+protein around when I workout and train in the middle of the day.

I don't eat fast food, never have, never will. I cheat on maybe 1-2 meals a week. Usually when I get like a steak or something when I go out w the gf.

I also have 3 shakes a day. One pre/during WO/practice, one post WO/practice, and one before bed. The WO ones are protein and complex carb maltodextrose powder mixed cause I gotta get a lot of carbs with the amount of time spent training with both collegiate athletic practices and hittin the gym.

Right now I'm getting around 4000 cals a day with around 350 - 400 g protein. This is about maintanence for me it seems as I haven't really tipped the scales either way for the past couple months.

As far as training, I'm doing a Max OT thing right now but may be changing that on cycle as I want to mix things up, I think I'm getting stuck in a rut training wise so I'll be switching stuff up soon.

My split right now is:
Mon - Legs and Abs
Tues - Off
Wed - Chest and Tris
Thurs - Back and Bis
Fri - Off
Sat - Shoulders and Traps
Sun - Off

This is the way I have it mainly because of games on tues and fri every week and also for class reasons mainly.

Tell me what yall think.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Seems okay to me. My first cycle was Test E 600mg/week and Var 40mg/week for 8 weeks. I've been a proponent of "better living through chemistry" ever since :) GL with it.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
IF you want a new technique for training, i would suggest time under tension- TUT... utilized with MAX-OT..
I used MAX-OT for the past two months and seemingly got decent gains, but for the past two weeks i have been incorporating TUT--- just do the eccentric part of every workout for 3 seconds, then the cocentric part for two seconds. in other words take 3 seconds on your way down- try to inhale the whole time, then do the upwards part of the motion for two seconds.. I like the idea of no spotters which is why i use Max-OT, but i have been getting unbeleivably sore since i started using TUT w/ the weights I use for Max-OT:nutkick:

364DP

Awards
Cool, thanks for the replies guys.
Yea I know it's a lot of supps, the more I read about something the more I think I need it haha.

Logan - I know you understand, it aint easy being skinny as a rail all you life. However, I do totally agree with you, I know I could reach my goal of 225 @ 10-11% naturally in time. I'm also not generally one to rush things or go for immediate gratification at the expense of long terms goals. However, I only have another year to see what I can do with athletics and I feel like I'll look back in regret if I don't go ahead with this until it's too late for it to positively affect my goals as an athlete.

I know that doing this at a younger age will probably wear out my still fresh receptors, close growth plates (not a huge deal, I'm tall enough) etc. but I've thought long and hard and I think I'd rather never quite reach my full potential in terms of size and strength than to never reach my athletic goals. I have many years of training ahead of me and only one or two more years of ball.

My main concern is to stay healthy just in terms of keeping everything in good health for the long run, keeping my blood levels as stable as possible and getting the HPTA going strong again as quickly as possible after. I think you guys would all agree that I've got the support supps covered pretty well. However, I was wondering if anyone could advise me about HCG? Also, to fronload the var? Or to run it at the end?

Any other thoughts on the original post now that my training/diet has been verified as decent? (Sorry I forgot to post it originally)

Thanks again guys.

Also, MPfit, thanks for the suggestion, I'll read up more on TUT, looks good.

Chiefb0008

Banned
Awards
Liar. Changing your age will not hide you from me. Bwwwwwhaaaaaa

Last edited by a moderator: