PCT w/o HCG

Soop

Awards
I ordered HCG a long time ago, appears seized or lost in mail. My shipper has re-sent. How critical to recovery is HCG for a heavy AAS cycle. Meaning, should I wait until I can use the HCG for 4 weeks after it does come, God willing, or should I just beginf to prepare for PCT w/o and hope for the best.

Cycle has been
1g test
500mg parabolan
600 mg EQ
and now replacing the Parabolan with Mast Enan. Is there some alternative I can get domestically that will replace HCG?

dtr98

Awards
for that kind of cycle/dosage i would run it during my cycle @ 1000ius split 2x wk.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
for that kind of cycle/dosage i would run it during my cycle @ 1000ius split 2x wk.
did you even read the original post?

To the original poster, you can use clomid and nolva. Might not be as effective as HCG, but its still good and far better than nothing. Search around the pct forum for a good way to stack the two of these, in order to minimize sides from clomid.

Godsarmy

Awards
HCG is too over rateed.. Drop it and use a AI / SERM.

dtr98

Awards
did you even read the original post?

To the original poster, you can use clomid and nolva. Might not be as effective as HCG, but its still good and far better than nothing. Search around the pct forum for a good way to stack the two of these, in order to minimize sides from clomid.
yes i did!!
he didn't get it, correct??

my statement was for that kind of cycle i would use it during.

anyother questions i can answer for you??

thanks

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
HCG should be used during cycle not for PCT its suppressive

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
While HCG is a great drug for getting the old boys working, its not essential. BBer and PLers for years never used it.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
See if u can get your hands on some Gonadorelin :D
That'll make HCG old school.

Godsarmy

Awards
In response to the USE of HCG / posted on another board.

Here is a post that may clarify why I think HCG is not worth it.

Well first off, I don't believe you should work out any differently while on cycle then you did naturally, so therefore there should be very little change to workouts once you go off. That is how you keep your gains.

Secondly the use of hcg is primarily in veteranarian applications, for causing ovulation,and increases in sperm counts to ensure propagation of the heard. They don't care about the animal's libido. It is the same in humans, it is primarily for giving the best chance at pregnancy, not for use in post cycle recovery of steroids. Yes of course if you have a pituatary insufficiency of LH secretion, then there are definite reasons for using hcg for hrt purposes.
The problem is that as men age, Lh production normally does not fall off, it is actually the testicles ability to respond to the LH that wains.

Now everyone has heard the 'theory' that hcg causes desensitization of the leydig cells to your own natural hormone. Well this is true. In the end, of course eventually the body will readjust, however temporarily, you become just as dependant on hcg, as you were on steriods, and I am talking of using as little as 250-100 iu at a time. How do I know this? from experience of course, as I was once 'fooled' by Swale's approach but I have tried it both ways and the verdict is in: recovery is much easier without hcg then with.

So why the hell would you even think of using hcg in the first place? Why would you unnessessarily cause suppression on a whole different level, within your axis?

The reason why is that someone fooled us all into thinking that testicular atrophy actually occurs??? and that it is a real concern, that it will hinder recovery. Well the truth is that is a pack of lies. Yes while on cycle the testicles may 'feel' smaller, however, it is just because of lack of blood flow to the area. Same principle as any other body part - when it is working hard it becomes engorged with extra blood. When it isn't it is not engorged with blood and feels smaller, and cooler. That of course doesn't justify the need to pump hcg into your body, if it bothers you, just use a little bit of mueler's hotstuff to the area, and I guarentee it will become warmer and more swollen, and with out the added suppression :).

So if hcg isn't the answer what is? Well the bottom line is this... Keep things simple. Don't flood your body with a whole lot of crap like serms and hcg and other things that are just going to complicate the processes of reachieving homeostasis post cycle.

All you need is an AI to ensure that estrogen levels do not rise above normal levels. And for those who think you need high levels of estrogen to 'maximize gains' that is a myth, all you are actually doing is retaining more water and fat, and killing testicuar cells in the process.

So basically continue the AI all the way through the cycle and taper it as the testosterone tapers out of your system, to ensure there is no 'rebound' effect at cycle's end.

The key however is that synthetic testosterone must be the last compound to leave your body, or recovery will be much harder and longer. Compounds like nandrolone or trenbolone that convert to progesteone, do not convert to dht, and bind well to the AR should always be the first coupounds to leave your system. Testosterone -which is indistiquishable to your own hormones by your body should be the last, as I have said.

Now as I am not on the payroll role of T-Nation I am not going to produce studies here, as the last thing I have time for after a busy day on the wards is to do research, however I will say that I have tested both approaches myself and have found the hcg/ serm approach to be quit inferior to the methods I now back. I have no agenda here, and you can see that I am not just 'rehashing' information obtained from others as many do.

As for keeping your gains, I have found that if you cycle off for a period of time, using my method and avoiding the 'crash' that the body will re-set itself, becoming more sensitive to AAS again. This in my experience has taken about 3 months. But I cannot say for sure what the minimum amount of time is. Anyways, If you continue to train well, you will be abkle to keep a fair portion of your gains, and then returning to a high dose cycle for about 8 weeks, will be able to reclaim gains lost plus additional gains usually depending on how experienced you are, around 5-10 lbs of muscle.

When you have several cycles under your belt, a gain in muscle of 10 lbs in a year is a pretty substantial gain, and one you should be quite happy with.

If however you decide to stay on all year round, your gains may be closer to that of a natural competitor, as your body becomes used to the high levels of AAS and no longer responds as much.

dtr98

Awards
interesting read, will have to re-read a few times.

it's sounds like you might have a point. over the years we have changed the way we cycle, maybe this might be a new approach??

as far as stayin on yr round or say a 30-40wk cycle, i have to agree with you on that. don't seem to make the gains as much the longer i'm on, even if i bump up the dose.

thanks

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
anecdotally i feel better while on cycle when i'm on HCG and it makes recovery a lot easier

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
^^^ What he said.