Fina issue

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
I am homebrewing my fina and the pellets have dissoved and some oil has been added, however, some of the dark residue that is supposed to lie only at the bottom has formed a nice thin layer across the top of the solution-- Any simple fixes? I have tried shaking and heating with no luck. Should i just filter it anyway and plan on clogging my filter from the gunk?

bdog

Awards
That Thin Layer Will Always Be On Top,dont Worry About It,get The Fluid In The Middle And Filter It,the Rest You Can Put In A Coffee Filter And Strain It When You Get The Good Stuff Out First

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
I am homebrewing my fina and the pellets have dissoved and some oil has been added, however, some of the dark residue that is supposed to lie only at the bottom has formed a nice thin layer across the top of the solution-- Any simple fixes? I have tried shaking and heating with no luck. Should i just filter it anyway and plan on clogging my filter from the gunk?
i beleve heating is the cause , but its happened to me ...use a siringe with a 1.5 18-20g needle suck up carefully from below that film and get as much as you can and then filter through .20 then last suck up the rest[not the goop in the bottom] filter it last so if the filter gets a little clogged you'll be dome remember to puge the filter w 2-3 ml of oil to get all of the fia out of the filter!

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
i beleve heating is the cause , but its happened to me ...use a siringe with a 1.5 18-20g needle suck up carefully from below that film and get as much as you can and then filter through .20 then last suck up the rest[not the goop in the bottom] filter it last so if the filter gets a little clogged you'll be dome remember to puge the filter w 2-3 ml of oil to get all of the fia out of the filter!

That's what i did, incense ready to burn. Thanks for the help.