Proviron or No Proviron

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
I am thinking of running the following cycle soon for 8-10 weeks. This will be my third cycle and my goal is to gain more mass.

Test prop 150mg/eod
Tren ace 75mg/eod
Proviron 50mg /ed

What is your opinion on the Proviron for those who have taken it? Keep in mind I am 42 years old.

Thanks

the42nd

Awards
Personally, I haven't used proviron, but everyone I know who has used it during a cutter seems to find it helpful. I'd love to hear about your results from this cycle, keep me updated.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
You could prolly use it at 25mg and get the benefits.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Proviron is one of those "Less Is More" products, stick with 25mg ED.. I'd run it starting week 2, up to day 1 of PCT and stop.. It frees test and has a weak anti-aromatase ability, it'll dry you up abit and you may notice abit of hardness too.. Plus, dosing at 50mg for too long can kill libido, most literature states between 60-90 days.. :study:

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
Plus, dosing at 50mg for too long can kill libido, most literature states between 60-90 days.. :study:
i thought that proviron helped maintain, if not increase, libido. :think:

maetenloch

Awards
Plus, dosing at 50mg for too long can kill libido, most literature states between 60-90 days.. :study:
I hadn't heard this before - could you post a link to any studies showing this. There have been studies showing that doses up to 100mg/day have minimal impact on the HPTA. Just curious why 50mg/day would affect libido.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys, notice the statement "for too long".. ;)

If I had the Schering pamphlet I'd type it from there, but I'm sure it's somewhere online.. Besides, it works the same way too much test in the body does, considering it frees bound test in the bloodstream..

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
I will drop the dose to 25mg and give it a shot this cycle. I will try to keep updates and tell you all about the cycle.

Thanks

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to kinda hijack, but wtf is proviron? :eek:

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
Sorry to kinda hijack, but wtf is proviron? :eek:
Proviron has four distinct uses in the world of bodybuilding. The first being the result of its structure. It is 5-alpha reduced and not capable of forming estrogen, yet it nonetheless has a much higher affinity for the aromatase enzyme (which converts testosterone to estrogen) than testosterone does. That means in administering it with testosterone or another aromatizable compound, it prevents estrogen build-up because it binds to the aromatase enzyme very strongly, thereby preventing these steroids from interacting with it and forming estrogen. So Mesterolone use has the extreme benefit of reducing estrogenic side-effects and water retention noted with other steroids, and as such still help to provide mostly lean gains. Its also been suggested that it may actually downgrade the actual estrogen receptor making it doubly effective at reducing circulating estrogen levels.

The second use is in enhancing the potency of testosterone. Testosterone in the body at normal physiological levels is mostly inactive. As much as 97 or 98 percent of testosterone in that amount is bound to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin, two proteins. In such a form testosterone is mostly inactive. But as with the aromatase enzyme, DHT has a higher affinity for these proteins than testosterone does, so when administered simultaneously the mesterolone will attach to the SHBG and albumin, leaving larger amounts of free testosterone to mediate anabolic activities such as protein synthesis. Another way in which it helps to increase gains. Its also another part of the equation that makes it ineffective on its own, as binding to these proteins too, would render it a non-issue at the androgen receptor.
Thirdly, mesterolone is added in pre-contest phases to increase a distinct hardness and muscle density. Probably due to its reduction in circulating estrogen, perhaps due to the downregulating of the estrogen receptor in muscle tissue, it decreases the total water build-up of the body giving its user a much leaner look, and a visual effect of possessing "harder" muscles with more cuts and striations. Proviron is often used as a last-minute secret by a lot of bodybuilders and both actors and models have used it time and again to deliver top shape day in day out, when needed. Like the other methylated DHT compound, drostanolone, mesterolone is particularly potent in achieving this feat. Lastly Proviron is used during a cycle of certain hormones such as nandrolone, with a distinct lack of androgenic nature, or perhaps 5-alpha reduced hormones that don't have the same affinities as DHT does. Such compounds, thinking of trenbolone, nandrolone and such in particular, have been known to decrease libido. Limiting the athlete to perform sexually being the logical result. DHT plays a key role in this process and is therefore administered in conjunction with such steroids to ease or relieve this annoying side-effect. Proviron is also commonly prescribed by doctors to people with low levels of testosterone, or patients with chronic impotence. Its not perceived as a powerful anabolic, but it gets the job done equally well if not better than other anabolic steroids making it a favorite in medical practices due to its lower chance of abuse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 43
Anabolics 2
cristiano88 Pro Bodybuilding 10
DinosaurMuffins Anabolics 3
klbsa Post Cycle Therapy 13