Prostanzol

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Prostanzol is a winny base attached a cyclic acetal group. Im thinking to produce base winny and remove the acetal group by acid catalyzed reaction, then nutrilize With 50% HCL.

any one with chemistry back ground please help me

Im going to empty capsules
disolve in acetone.
filter out fillers.
evaporae acteone, and collect the prostan crystals.
suspend crystals in DI water.
add hcl slowly, while stiring, and bring PH to 2.o
stir for 2 hours, then neutralize solution with NAOH

Attachments

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
if it gets you to Winny, I fear it will undoubtably be very expensive Winny...

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
If I was going to do this, I would:

-Dissolve contents of the capsules in MeOH.
-Filter out binders.
-Add ~5 mol% of H+ catalyst in relation to the total amount of prostan. (H+ provided from a 1.0M HCl solution)
-Swirl the reaction mixture for a few seconds and let stand at room temperature for a couple hours.
-Add a small amount (~1 mL) of saturated sodium bicarbonate solution to the reaction mixture and swirl. Repeat this until bubbles cease.
-Add water until the solution is super saturated.
-Add 3 mL of water every ~45 minutes to form big crystals.
-Filter crystals with a coffee filter.
-Allow the crystals to dry (~3 days) by hiding them somewhere safe (away from spiders).
thank you klause, what other solvent beside methanol . dose acetone or isoprpyl alcohol work?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
I would stay away from acetone when working with strong bases or acids; condensation reactions can become a real problem. Additionally, the smell of acetone vapors can stink up a small room pretty quickly. Isopropyl alcohol (~99%+) could work; however, the substance is much more viscous than methanol. Isopropanol can also stink up a room analogous to acetone. Finally, from my observations, more water seems to be required for adequate precipitate formation and final dilution. Overall, it's just much more annoying to work with.

I choose methanol for a number of reasons:
-Easy to find anhydrous (heet)
-The smell is very faint
-Consistency similar to water
-Cheap
Thank you again.

I have 3 bottles of prostan that 4.5g of unmethylated winny. Im planning to do 4 weeks. Now assuming 20% absorption that 225mg per week. I dont think that enough to give any results. I tired to buy more but its discontinued and i cant find it any place.

Im thinking to try cyclodextrin complex now. 25mg 4x day. i think that would give better results. what do you think?! if i choosed to do the cyclo complex should i remove the acetal group?!

thank you

matthams

Awards
you do know that mega-zol is being released by generic labz right? its the same thing as prostan but 90 caps at 50mg each...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with MeOH - 30 mL's can cause death.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
225mg/week is rather low; I would initially shoot for ~500mg/week and adjust dosages based on tolerance. If you are able to pin, I would recommend that. If not, transdermal is the only other option I would recommend. Cyclodextrins looked good on paper but left much to be desired in vivo. I would not bother with cyclodextrins.

I don't know if you plan on stacking this, but you may want to consider throwing in some test. If you plan on doing the TD route, TNE is really easy to make (assuming you don't have a source). The synergistic effect may (or may not) be interesting.
Im running dermal test/ nandrolone with this. I can pin it, but shooting base require 2xed injections, and i cant handel that. If i can attach to enthate or cyponate ester i will denitly try it.

If i added an alkoxide group to the acetal group i may make an ester right? Like adding propanol ?

that makes a propanate ester?

Attachments

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
what's the highest daily dose of prostan. anyone's run...out of curiousity? And results/sides? I ran 150mg/day for a time, but stacked with other stuff, so it was hard to tell distinct results.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
If you can pin prostan, leaving the THP group attached will surely increase solubility and half-life. EOD injects might be possible.

Since alkoxides are basic, they will have no effect on the acetal protecting group; an acid catalyst is required to remove it. The picture you posted is a mechanism for the esterification of alcohols with acid chlorides. The water sensitive routes of esterification (acid chlorides and anhydrides) are not feasible for home synthesis. Fischer esterification could work, but gathering all the required items might be challenging.
I ave access to my school organic chemistry lab, and i work at a lab after school part time, so i have no issue geting requiered reagents. I was thinking even to use a Grignard Reagent , but synthasis will be realy long, but i can do that. (its easy to make an ester when reacted with the steroid base. I enjoy doing my weired experiments.

Fischer esterification to prponate ester: add HCL , hydrate, then add propaol?! right?

Attachments

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Prostan isn't really a molecule that would do much with a grignard reagent. Proton transfer from any mildly acidic hydrogens would occur, but that's about it. Or perhaps you're thinking of making Winny? Experimenting is fun, but longer synthesis projects can really eat up the already lacking spare time. I came to the conclusion that if it takes more than 2 or 3 (easy) steps, I'll just let someone else make it for me. With good practice, esterification can be done with relative ease. If you want good practice, I recommend buying some bulk DHEA powder from 1fast. There is a lot of stuff one can do with that molecule.

Your posted mechanism isn't entirely correct. In the third step, one of the hydroxyl groups snatches the proton. The water group then leaves, and the remaining hydroxyl group's oxygen reforms a pi bond with the carbon. Finally, the solvent snatches the last proton.
Im realy enjoying this. This kinda stuff is making me enjoy my biochemistry/Ochem classes which i hated the most. Im reading my text just for fun.

Any way i just had a lecture about acetal in my Ochem class. My instructor stated that if you hydrolize an acetal with an acid then you will get a keton, and snatch of the acetal group. Then if i want to make an alcohol group, i can reduce the ketone with sodium-brohydride which proces a winny base right?!. Two easy steps.

and yah by the way i have tons of DHEA powder, what kinda experiments i can do with it.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Seems realy hard to convert this molecule to an active steroid. If i oxidize the alcohol and reduce the ketone i will get testostostrone right?!

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
If a ketone is protected with an acetal, then acid catalyzed hydrolysis will reform the ketone. If an aldehyde is protected with an acetal, then acid catalyzed hydrolysis will also reform the aldehyde. What your instructor didn't mention is that alcohols can also be protected with an acetal. The most common molecule to carry out this transformation is dihydropyran. Dihydropyran snatches an acidic proton forming a carbocation intermediate (stabilized by resonance from the neighboring oxygen). A molecule containing an alcohol functional group (such as a 17-hydroxy steroid) can then attack the carbocation. The dihydropyran molecule has now become a tetrahydropyran protect group (or THP 'ether' for short). It might help to look up dihydropyran and draw a mechanism of how a 17-hydroxy steroid might combine with DHP to form a THP 'ether'.

After you complete your coursework in O-Chem, you'll have enough understanding to modify DHEA in a number of ways. Look at common steroids and think of ways to transform DHEA into such.

Actuly he talked about furan, pyranes like carbohydrates, THF, and dihydropyran:
He mentioned that ethylene glycol can be added to a ketone to produce a ketone.

And he mentiond that acetal protects the alcohol group, but i dont understand how that would effect the reaction. If an acid is added to an acetal, then the acetal would hydrolize. I dont understand what your saying, are you saying that if i added an acid to an acetal the reaction would reverse back?!

im think about a reaction abount this line:

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Thank you bro, this discussion is very informative. I knew that pressences of water shiftting the equilibrium in acetal side, so water have to be removed. for some reason i pmit that. I have to read more before starting this kind of reactions.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
This is cool stuff. Almost makes me want to take a chem class. Almost.

krzna

Anabolic Xtreme
Awards
what's the highest daily dose of prostan. anyone's run...out of curiousity? And results/sides? I ran 150mg/day for a time, but stacked with other stuff, so it was hard to tell distinct results.
A good dose would be anywhere from 150-250 ed depending on bodyweight and tolerance.

Some crazy guy went up to 400mg on that stuff and he told me he loved it.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This is cool stuff. Almost makes me want to take a chem class. Almost.
Haha... it sounds cool, but it gets old like any job. Doing it everyday becomes quite monotonous. Doing it in the kitchen on the weekends is much "cooler".

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Haha... it sounds cool, but it gets old like any job. Doing it everyday becomes quite monotonous. Doing it in the kitchen on the weekends is much "cooler".
:rofl:

Maybe we should start a weekend kitchen class then. Of course by "we" I mean you guys cause I don't have a clue about this stuff. :think:

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Man its realy easy to make winny from this stuff. First you need to make unmethylated winny base (With alcohol group) as discussed above, then oxidize it with something like PCC and treate it with a methyl organometal like ch3MgBr and hydrate it; that will make methylated winny

Of course this is not for average Joe, making Grignard Reagent is a real challenge. And its easier, and cheaper to buy powder from china man.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't it be best to simply add an ester where the acetal is? Then you'd have something with a long half-life, perfect for injection and non-toxic. Winny, well... Who cares? ;)

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't it be best to simply add an ester where the acetal is? Then you'd have something with a long half-life, perfect for injection and non-toxic. Winny, well... Who cares? ;)
Its very hard to purify long esters, yo need to use colum chromatography to purify the oily crude product. You can crystalize acetate ester though, but it requires frequent injectons, which i cant handel.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Its very hard to purify long esters, yo need to use colum chromatography to purify the oily crude product. You can crystalize acetate ester though, but it requires requent injectons, which i cant handel.
:( I was so hoping someone would finally do it... :(

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt be suprised if it became avilable through Chineese suppliers soon.
I have extensively inquired about that. No one makes it, and no one wants to, so it seems. Unless someone orders 10Kg or something... :(

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
So, X_Muscle, did you go through with the experiment?