lipid levels on superdol

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i got a free test done on my lipid levels the other day because my roommate needed a patient for his sports nutrition class. i was more than happy to volunteer since i would be getting free blood work and i can see the results. well, my buddy came home with the numbers just now and told me his teacher pulled him aside ask what was going on. now, i know superdrol has a significant impact on lipid levels but my results are strange. here they are:
total cholesterol - 81
HDL - 18
LDL - 45
triglycerides - 90

i was under the impression the superdrol raises all these numbers. how is it that my HDL is so low? Is this a concern while on cycle? this was at 13 days into it, and i plan to run for 24 days having exactly 1 week left. if this matters, i am taking hawthorne berry, red yeast rice, celery seed extract, and policosanol. maybe this is overkill?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am no expert but I can try to help. Generally speaking the methyls will lower HDL and raise LDL. In your case it looks like it did erode your HDL some.......without your baseline nothing is certain. I will tell you that I did about 6 weeks on 3wks mohn @ 40mg a day and 3 weeks SD @ 30 a day. My lipids looked much like yours at finish which I think was late Sept last year. Today my HDL is 59 and LDL 70. You should be fine longer term by eating healthy and supplementing to bring values back to the norm. Cardio helps as well.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot for your response. in my research, i found that sd supresses hdl quite a bit making 3-4 week cycles ideal. from what ive read, it sounds like it will be ok as long as the hdl doesnt dip into single digits. cardio has been been a bitch lately. my endurance is way down so im doing longer sessions at a lower intensity. thanks again for the input. it was very helpful.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I know that when I used to run my bloodwork looked great. Supposedly there is a huge correlation between cardio and blood/heart health. I'm gonna keep cardio whether cutting or bulking. I don't mind growing more slowly for the sake of long-term health.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
BTW, flax oil and fish oil are your friends. 15-30g of flax per day should be good. You can rotate a higher carb day with 1TBSP and a lower carb day with 2TBSP.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I noticed that my cardio endurance was down during and for a significant time after both of my SD runs. Not sure why but it was a marked decrease.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
yeah, i take 2g fish oil 3 times daily, so 6g/day. maybe i will throw some flax into the mix as well. good thinking beowulf. and for cardio, i think it is harder because i weigh more. i am currently 8 pounds heavier. also, i find it harder to deal with the back pumps while running as well as my shins and quads getting pumped. i definitely wanna finish this last week or so because gains have been solid but i will gladly cut it short to save my health. as of now, i am planning on continuing unless anybody thinks this may be dangerous.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd get some flax oil and live on that for awhile.. I take 10 each of flax and fish oil gels and my HDL/LDL were the best they've ever been.. ;)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
awesome, thanks for the tips everyone. i am going to finish out and increase flax/fish oil intake and maybe do a little more cardio.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I know that when I used to run my bloodwork looked great. Supposedly there is a huge correlation between cardio and blood/heart health. I'm gonna keep cardio whether cutting or bulking. I don't mind growing more slowly for the sake of long-term health.
Very good advice, I myself advocate cardio during bulking, it ain't goning to kill you gains as long as you guys eat enough.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hey Hulk, you can use the elliptical or bike. Low intensity should prevent the pumps. Try to keep it at a pace where you can still hold a conversation.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
cant thank you guys enough. ill do just that beowulf. ill just throw in an extra small meal to compensate for the calorie expenditure during cardio. this board is awesome! thanks again everyone for the help. now i feel guilty so im definitely gonna donate because this board deserves it.