Standard labs for HRT?

  1. Standard labs for HRT?


    Comprehensive metabolic panel and Lipid profile, are these standard testing for HRT? What would preclude getting a script for testosterone according to the results of these tests? There is also a testosterone something (cant read the Docs writting) ordered. Any feed back is appreciated. Thanks!


  2. Bumping for responses, want to compare notes, Dr. D?

  3. Bumper for comments
    •   
       


  4. yes along with free test levels
  5. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    free test, total test, est. levels are all initial tests to see if more tests should be taken if low testosterone is suspected.

  6. This is the test protocol my doctor follows.

    Total Testosterone
    Bioavailable Testosterone (sometimes called “Free and Loosely Bound”)
    Free Testosterone (if Bio T is not available)
    SHBG
    DHT
    Estradiol (specify by the “Extraction Method” or “Ultra-Sensitive”)
    Total Estrogens
    LH
    FSH
    Prolactin
    Cortisol
    Thyroid Panel (TSH, FT3, FT4)
    CBC
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    Lipid Panel
    Homocysteine
    PSA (if over 40)
    IGF-1 (if HGH therapy is desired)
    Fasting Insulin


    At the one month point, I follow-up with these assays:
    Total Testosterone
    Bioavailable Testosterone
    Free T and SHBG (if Bio T is not available)
    Estradiol (specify by the “Extraction Method” or “Sensitive”)
    DHT (if patient is using a transdermal delivery system)
    SHBG
    FSH (3rd gen "sensitive" assay)
    CBC
    Lipid Panel
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    (if ALT/AST from above are elevated, then get a GGT)

  7. That is what Swale uses

  8. Thanks for all these good responses, can any one think of any reason I wouldnt get the HRT?
  9. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    possible health reasons, high BP, heart problems in your family, etc...its all up to you and your Dr. to discuss. if you do go on HRT, he'll give you the option of the gel, patch or weekly/biweekly injections..however if you do injections, make sure you have them done weekly.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    possible health reasons, high BP, heart problems in your family, etc...its all up to you and your Dr. to discuss. if you do go on HRT, he'll give you the option of the gel, patch or weekly/biweekly injections..however if you do injections, make sure you have them done weekly.
    Good info and advice...

    Hey TTP, it's been awhile since I've been around, how has your HRT been going? Last I remember you said you were completing the first month or so and things were going pretty good, still the same? Are you using test alone or is he also scripting HCG, etc.? And what doses now? Very interested since you're a younger guy.

    oh and good luck with getting the HRT KB...
  11. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    no HCG, however my last visit (couple weeks ago), he wanted to up my dose up from 100mg per week. I told him I wanted one more blood panel drawn before we decide to do that, so I am going to get blood drawn probably tomorrow morning and should have results back within a week or so. I'm thinking he'll up my dose to 200+mg per week, but we'll see.

  12. Well sounds like fun, can they do the shots at the Doctors office, or do you have to take them home?

  13. I believe you can just drop by.
    Last I heard at my docs office, people with regular injections practically walk in and then walk out.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    no HCG, however my last visit (couple weeks ago), he wanted to up my dose up from 100mg per week. I told him I wanted one more blood panel drawn before we decide to do that, so I am going to get blood drawn probably tomorrow morning and should have results back within a week or so. I'm thinking he'll up my dose to 200+mg per week, but we'll see.
    Nice. How has your general progress in the gym been going? What was your TT, FT, etc. looking like with 100mg/week?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    Well sounds like fun, can they do the shots at the Doctors office, or do you have to take them home?
    I've heard (but of course not sure) that you can usually decide if you want to make a visit or just do them yourself. I think that you (or your insurance if it's covered) will be charged for each visit to the clinic though.
  16. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull
    Well sounds like fun, can they do the shots at the Doctors office, or do you have to take them home?
    I do mine at home.
  17. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    Nice. How has your general progress in the gym been going? What was your TT, FT, etc. looking like with 100mg/week?
    Training had been going good when I was taking my HRT shots. I was keeping up with my workout partner which I had not been before. Although, I did do a recent cycle, so that will skew my progress a bit, however before my cycle, I did notice a lean towards the positive side in the gym and workouts. I'm actually looking quite forward to see what dose he puts me on. I am holding off of the bloodwork as I have been really sick lately and dont want anything to look messed up on the bloodwork.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    Training had been going good when I was taking my HRT shots. I was keeping up with my workout partner which I had not been before. Although, I did do a recent cycle, so that will skew my progress a bit, however before my cycle, I did notice a lean towards the positive side in the gym and workouts. I'm actually looking quite forward to see what dose he puts me on. I am holding off of the bloodwork as I have been really sick lately and dont want anything to look messed up on the bloodwork.
    Sounds good. Please let us know what he decides to put you on and what those blood test results come back as w/ your current dose, thx bud. Good luck as well, 200-250/week would be VERY cool.

  19. Do you intend to cycle off or are you staying on? What is the length of cycle and parameters for cycling off?
  20. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    HRT is for life bro... its not like AAS, so I'm on for life. PCT is super easy for me when I do do a cycle.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Vermodje Labs Test E for HRT
    By Maxspeed996 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 05:26 PM
  2. What is the standard bloodtest for HRT & Thyroid
    By corndog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
  3. Dosage of 4-AD CYP for HRT?
    By Mr.50 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 12:38 PM
  4. how much test base in t-gel for HRT
    By ps24eva in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 05:35 PM
  5. Striant for HRT
    By sikdogg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Log in
Log in