Need to drop weight fast

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
OK, I need to go from 232 to 214 ASAP in order to make the height/weight requiremnts for Marine Corps OCS. No I cannot get a waiver b/c my bodyfat is low...I already asked. I HAVE to make weight or I can't go. My question: Should I cut using 10 mg of PP or 20, b/c I have to drop weight but the drop has to be so quick (within 10 weeks) that I there is a huge risk or losing stregnth/muscle. I basically have to strip all the excess fat off my body. Suggestions are appreciated.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What is PP?

To me if you still look like your avatar you don't have a whole lot of fat to drop. You also don't look any where near 232 unless you have really big legs or you are well over 6'.

How tall are you and what is your weight in your avatar. I am guessing you are 6'2" correct? Even so you are not over the Corp's bodyfat % standard and they should approve you.

CROWLER

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Twice daily dosing of ALCAR and RLA on an empty stomach would help, along with eating 1 meal per day. Starvation works for most people LOL

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
What is PP?

To me if you still look like your avatar you don't have a whole lot of fat to drop. You also don't look any where near 232 unless you have really big legs or you are well over 6'.

How tall are you and what is your weight in your avatar. I am guessing you are 6'2" correct? Even so you are not over the Corp's bodyfat % standard and they should approve you.

CROWLER
PP=Phera-plex. BTW, You're good, I am 6'2. I only weigh 205 in the avatar...a bit fatter now, but still lean by your average male standards (11-12%?). I am telling you, I just talked to the Officer Selection Officer today and he told me that if I am over 214 they WILL NOT take me. After I'm commisioned, I can wiegh whatever I want to weigh (as long as I meet the bodyfat standards) but to go to OCS it has to be 214 and below. I want to "starve" myself on <2,000 cals a day while PT'ing like crazy while running the Phera-plex to preserve my muscle. What do say?

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
I once had to be below a certain weight and had a short time to do it like you. I had to lose like 25 lbs in 5 or 6 weeks.

What I did is not the healthiest thing in the world, but it worked! I was still a good ten pounds over a few days before the deadline. I basically carb depleted and ate very low calories the last 3 days, along with drinking as little water/fluids as possible. I made the weight by a pound (but the last 10 pounds were all from being dehydrated and carb depleted). I remember the day before going on a 3 hour hike to really dehydrate myself further.

After "weighing in" I then bulked & hydrated for two days and the 10 to 11 pounds came right back. The only problem with this approach is if you need to do any kind of stamina tests around the time you weigh in.

It's a shame they can't just look at your bf%. Who cares what you weight if you're healthy and in shape.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

You are dead right that the BF% should be the standard not the weight but whatever it takes I'll do, including your idea...that might actually be what I wind up doing after I drop most of my fat.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Definitely doable. You weigh 25lbs less in your avatar than you do now and you only have to lose approx 18lbs.

Here is some info you may find usefull.

Here is the chart for enrollment

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/l/blintweightmale.htm\

And the chart Prior to shipping out to basic training, Marine Recruits must meet different (more strict) weight standards, known as the "Retention Weight Standards." Recruits who exceed the Retention Weight Standards can still ship out to basic training, if any of the following conditions are met:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/l/blintweightmale.htm

CROWLER

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
If you are trying t stay legal, then yes you can take phera plex with a low calorie diet to cut and preserve muscle. Otherwise I would recommend winny, but be careful of your tendons getting a little larger and more brittle. Also, you should take in very little carbs, only from vegetables and maybe some oats. Dont eat close to bed time. Take in enough fats, the good kind. Keep very hydrated. Do cardio in the morning when glycogen levels are low. Expect to loose a couple extra lbs within the first week or two of coming off PP. I got some minor bloat with Emax, but subsided very quickly. You may also want to consider using Prostanazol to preserve muscle. It really all comes down to your caloric intake though. Run in the morning, and eat very little carbs is my best advice. Add other compounds as you feel fit. Hope this helps.
Sky

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
18 pounds in 10 weeks is easy. Just restrict your calories and increase your cardio. I would also do more super sets and drop sets to boost your metabolism. At this point,k if you lose some muscle it isn't a big deal. It will come back quickly after you get in (as long as you plan to gain it back as soon as you can).

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
Diet/cardio, try a fat burner or metabolizer possibly,
EC/clen/alubuterol/T3/Triac etc.
If you want to use an androgen/anabolic i would use SD instead of PP or maybe try M4ohn/Mdien if you have any. Lastly if you're still over at 72 hours out try a diuretic maybe lasix if you can get a hold of some.

turkish

Awards
  • Established
Might wanna look into ud2.0 or PSMF. More info on bodyrecomposition.com.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
stay away from lasix .. if you need a diuretic there are far better and safer options than loop diuretics

but it shouldn't come to that

1ad man

Banned
Awards
diet and cardio and try eca ephderine caffeine and asprin bro 30mg ephedrine 200mg of caffeine 81mg of asprin this well help you burn fat bro. try it out. peace.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Diet/cardio, try a fat burner or metabolizer possibly,
EC/clen/alubuterol/T3/Triac etc.
If you want to use an androgen/anabolic i would use SD instead of PP or maybe try M4ohn/Mdien if you have any. Lastly if you're still over at 72 hours out try a diuretic maybe lasix if you can get a hold of some.
Can't use SD cause I get horrible shin pumps that affect my run time....bad.

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Also, I forgot to state that I have to drop this wieght while retainin the ability to do 20 deadhang pullups, 100 crunches in 2 minutes and run 3 miles in less thn 21 minutes. That's why I want to use the PP to preserve muscle, otherwise I lose the weight but my PFT score will suck (which will also keep me from being selected). At any rate, so far so good. I've been running 10 mg PP and 10 mg Emax, resticting my calories and working out like crazy...and like I said, the weight is dropping while the strenght is staying roughly at the same level. Still have about 13 lbs to go though.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck 77 I don't have any valuable advice for you but it is very commendable what you are doing and I give you my heartfelt thanks and best of luck.

CROWLER

supersize77

supersize77

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck 77 I don't have any valuable advice for you but it is very commendable what you are doing and I give you my heartfelt thanks and best of luck.

CROWLER
Much appreciated...you can throw up a prayer for me if you think about it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Done!

and more to come when you make it. Hey do us a favor and keep posting when you can. If you go over 'there' and you need something let us/me know.

CROWLER

Luisciphr1

Awards
Cut weight the old fashioned way if you're close but not quite there on the day of your weigh in. Did you ever wrestle in HS or college, just sweat it out, if your bodyfat isn't super low, there's plenty of water there to come out. You can cut at least 10lbs of water out, just make sure you weigh in right after you cut and don't drink anything til afterwards. Of course if you weigh in and then have to perform your chins, crunches and run, ignore every word I just said, you'd not finish a single one. lol