Lethargy

  1. New Member
    ingo_1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%

    Lethargy


    Am currently 20 days in of cycle of test e 500mg, deca 400mg and Halodrol 50mg and experiencing a fair bit of lethargy.

    I was wondering whether upping the dose of test to 750mg might help?

  2. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ingo_1978
    Am currently 20 days in of cycle of test e 500mg, deca 400mg and Halodrol 50mg and experiencing a fair bit of lethargy.

    I was wondering whether upping the dose of test to 750mg might help?
    My guess would be the lethargy is from cholesterol and/or liver issues. Halodrol is supposedly pretty awful for your liver. There are a number of options available:

    Cholesterol -
    Celery Seed Extract
    Fish Oil
    Red Yeast Rice (must add CoQ10 if you take RYR)

    Liver -
    Milk Thistle Extract
    NAC
    KR-ALA


    Libido induced lethargy only happens when test levels are low. At 500mgs per week your test levels are anything but low. It isn't a ratio issue, it's a total count issue. You could be taking 1gram of Deca and all you'd need to counter the libido induced lethargy would be 200+ mgs a week of Test.

    So that means your lethargy has to be something else. Thus increasing the Test won't help and it might make it worse.


    Oh, and whether you're bulking or not, try to include at least a half hour of cardio first thing in the morning. It will improve energy levels, increase your appetite, improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and the only calories you'll be burning will be fat.
  3. New Member
    ingo_1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%

    Ok thanks... only have ten days left with the halodrol, can live with it till then.

    Could it just be just from my body wanting to grow?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1964
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    you're not even 3 weeks in so the test hasn't kicked in to the point where you'll feel it yet .. you'll be fine with 500mg
  5. New Member
    THETEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    254
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    40.64%

    My advice is that is you mean you are so tired you need a 2 hr med day nap, then reduce the intake of Halodrol - it is a side effect. Take 1/2 a pill for a few days and you should be ok. If it is just sime tiredness - get more sleep and grow grow grow. I usually get about 6 hrs sleep, but on SD I take and need 10 hr - you grow most when you sleep.
  6. New Member
    ingo_1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    165
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    70.17%

    It's not really bad but find it difficult as I drive 100 of miles a day... will stick it out for the next ten days as the halodrol is really kicking in well. Muscles are rock hard .

    One good thing about being on the road is I can pull over and get have an hours nap when I want. Which I'm doing daily.
  7. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,215
    Rep Power
    1863
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    29.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Null,

    What is the basis for the assertion that it is not a ratio issue? I am not trying to be a dick here but I am genuinely interested because every time I have used a high anabolic (Like Deca) I have gotten libido issues and Deca Dick unless the test to Deca ration was close to 2:1. It could just be me but that has been my experience. Any info would be appreciated.

    Mr.50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    My guess would be the lethargy is from cholesterol and/or liver issues. Halodrol is supposedly pretty awful for your liver. There are a number of options available:

    Cholesterol -
    Celery Seed Extract
    Fish Oil
    Red Yeast Rice (must add CoQ10 if you take RYR)

    Liver -
    Milk Thistle Extract
    NAC
    KR-ALA


    Libido induced lethargy only happens when test levels are low. At 500mgs per week your test levels are anything but low. It isn't a ratio issue, it's a total count issue. You could be taking 1gram of Deca and all you'd need to counter the libido induced lethargy would be 200+ mgs a week of Test.

    So that means your lethargy has to be something else. Thus increasing the Test won't help and it might make it worse.


    Oh, and whether you're bulking or not, try to include at least a half hour of cardio first thing in the morning. It will improve energy levels, increase your appetite, improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and the only calories you'll be burning will be fat.
  8. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Libido induced lethargy is from lack of testosterone. Your natural testosterone is typically less than even what a dose of 200mg of Test Cyp a week would give you. The reason Deca alone induces lethargy is primarily due to HPTA suppression and as such, only a minimal amount of Test is required to counter this effect.

    If you experience extra lethargy, you are experiencing what the medical field refers to as "placebo effect." Not all placebo effect is good; most is bad.

    Of course there IS a slight chance you are getting a lethargy side effect from the Deca directly that is not related to HPTA suppression. Such is the case with some AAS like Tren. Deca is a progestin technically speaking IIRC, but I have never heard of Deca directly inducing lethargy. Furthermore, if increased Test is able to counter the letharg you are experiencing then it was not induced by a secondary means.

    Thus, why I say I almost guarantee you needing a big ratio is true negative powerful placebo effect in action.
  9. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,215
    Rep Power
    1863
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    29.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So there in no competitive inhibition of androgen receptors when concentrations of Deca are drastically higher then concentrations of test?

    Mr.50


    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Libido induced lethargy is from lack of testosterone. Your natural testosterone is typically less than even what a dose of 200mg of Test Cyp a week would give you. The reason Deca alone induces lethargy is primarily due to HPTA suppression and as such, only a minimal amount of Test is required to counter this effect.

    If you experience extra lethargy, you are experiencing what the medical field refers to as "placebo effect." Not all placebo effect is good; most is bad.

    Of course there IS a slight chance you are getting a lethargy side effect from the Deca directly that is not related to HPTA suppression. Such is the case with some AAS like Tren. Deca is a progestin technically speaking IIRC, but I have never heard of Deca directly inducing lethargy. Furthermore, if increased Test is able to counter the letharg you are experiencing then it was not induced by a secondary means.

    Thus, why I say I almost guarantee you needing a big ratio is true negative powerful placebo effect in action.
  10. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Not unless your dosages are so high you've saturated your receptors.
  11. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,215
    Rep Power
    1863
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    29.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ah ha. So not likely at 400mgs of Deca per week?

    Thanks for the info.

    Mr.50

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    Not unless your dosages are so high you've saturated your receptors.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Holy crap, I think 1-test lethargy is kicking in!
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:23 PM
  2. Will Liver tabs stop lethargy from 1-test?
    By Beefy6969 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
  3. Combating the EVIL 1-test lethargy
    By Bryan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 12:02 PM
  4. T1-Pro Lethargy?
    By ndn diablo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 09:24 PM
  5. how quick can lethargy set in...
    By Judo Tom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in