Right glute still hurt - 1 week after the shot...?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I don't get it. I don't think it's infected but its sure still really painful (test prop). Looks/feels like a big knot on my ass...
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas here?

thanks in advance...

tribal 1

Awards
I acually get that with tren in my shoulders, Ive never had any progressive problems past 5 or 6 days. It could have just been a dull needle or something.(I have had dull ones out of the package). dont sweat it unless redness and swelling dont give!!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
It's not that swollen or red really -- It's like someone hit me with a baseball bat a couple times.. To my knowledge - that didn't happeen

tribal 1

Awards
The body sometimes dont like being stuck everyday and it natural defences take over and cause alittle pain and discomfort!!!!! LOL...... just keep an eye on it and grow well!!!!

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you might have moved a bit with the needle or flex on accident.. plus that and the normal prop fun

tribal 1

Awards
sounds like you might have moved a bit with the needle or flex on accident.. plus that and the normal prop fun

Happens all the time!!! usually after a muscle has been worked the day before!!!!!

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to my world. A heating pad does wonders.

tribal 1

Awards
After your next inj. massage the oil into the musle alittle this may help alot.....

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys :D

in the meantime, any suggestions?

tattoopierced1

advil and a heating pad are your best friends right now....

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
@CEDeoudes59 I remember the first time I shot my glute I kinda fucked it up and it hurted for almost one week, couldn't sit down without my ass hurting :(

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Deo, did you do any training involving the glutes? I agree with tribal, if you hit the spot within 24 hours after training it, it can lead to some remnant pain. I've had the same problem with Prop.. I trained my legs and hit my glute that night.. I had a band-like swell of muscle from my ventro, across my Dorsal glute... it looked freaky and hurt like a bitch for almost a week... Prop sucks, but I love it.... but it sucks.. but I like it... such a fussy relationship. Good luck buddy.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
CEO you'll be fine. As long as the tell tale signs of infection aren't there it could be sore for a number of reasons. hang in there and use some advil and a heating pad.

Gary46080

Awards
Prop always hurts a little bit more than others. If your other injection sites feel fine then chances are you just wiggled the needle a little too much while injecting, which can cause some discomfort. I wouldn't be too worried about it being an infection just yet, injecting your glute can be awkward, try getting someone else to do it for you or stick with quads, delts, arms for a while if you want to avoid the pain.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that's odd, I don't remember if I trained it afterward.. It's certainly feeling better though.
see, I thought it was a GOOD idea to train the body part after pinning as the oil can disipate

thanks for your help guys, I think I flexed the muscle

Gary46080

Awards
I thought it was a GOOD idea to train the body part after pinning as the oil can disipate
For the most part I believe it is. Usually I train the muscle right after I inject as well, helps get the oil moving into the body with the increased blood flow to the area. Also, any pain that does come from pinning tends to get masked by the soreness from the workout anyways.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I just recently had my ass swell up real red and nasty from prop. Took two Aleve last night before going to bed, and it reduced it a ton by morning. I did a normal glute shot, but I guess the oil dissipated down towards my leg. I had a real large red welt like on my glute and ham tie ins.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
tried a quad shot last week about 2 hours before hitting legs, could barely walk proper for the next couple days.

Gary46080

Awards
tried a quad shot last week about 2 hours before hitting legs, could barely walk proper for the next couple days.
lol I can't walk properly for the next couple days after working legs whether I pinned there or not. I find for me quads is the least painful place to pin besides glutes but only if I have someone else injecting for me. Self injecting my glutes is a serious pain in the ass.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
literally.:) i get my wife to do glute injects. i don't have the flexibility to twist around for that long of a period. quads have become my new fav place too. used to be terrified of them.

Gary46080

Awards
literally.:) i get my wife to do glute injects. i don't have the flexibility to twist around for that long of a period. quads have become my new fav place too. used to be terrified of them.
Yeah I have my gf do glutes too, she works in the dental field so she has to give needles into peoples gums anyways at work so she is pretty good at it. I agree though, twisting around and doing the injection without moving sucks, and for some reason I can't asparate with 1 hand..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i can aspirate with one on chest,quads, and delts but in a compromising position, (like glutes or tri's) forget it.

oh, my wife is a nurse, she knows all the tricks. :)

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

I've had the same problem. What sucks is my job at the time required me to kneel down sometimes to adjust signage and things in a store. Hurt like a SOB.

I figured the fluid had been pressed around a nerve and was pushing it. The pain was never muscle soreness or even red. It was deeper than that.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
that's odd, I don't remember if I trained it afterward.. It's certainly feeling better though.
see, I thought it was a GOOD idea to train the body part after pinning as the oil can disipate

thanks for your help guys, I think I flexed the muscle
oh I train the bodypart after all the time.. I was talking about training that body part before.... flushed with blood.. not a good idea.. I get problems with the sites when I do that.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
see, i can do the shot afterwards with no issues. different strokes for different folks i guess.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
see, i can do the shot afterwards with no issues. different strokes for different folks i guess.
you can also use Bold Prop, (as well as many other feared compounds) with no sides, you lucky son of a bitch.. :D

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
quads have become my new fav place too. used to be terrified of them.
Same here, everyone tells me I'm crazy to even attempt it. Granted I'm new at pinning, but my quad shots have gone the smoothest so far.

Gary46080

Awards
I don't get why you would be scared of quads? They were the first site I ever pinned and I've loved them since.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
first time i pinned quads i didn't have any idea wtf i was doing. i pinned the high upper portion of the quad on the front side and hit a nerve that sent my leg shooting straight outwards. wasn't until later that i discovered bb'ing boards and learned proper technique. still i was nervous to try it again up until 2 months ago. it's been a cakewalk ever since.

there ya go, a piece of beez trivia. :)

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
Got a problem that's sorta on topic, sorta off.

Injected my quad Wednesday night, about midway between the knee and the hip. The shot was Enth and Deca, not Prop, it was only 2 ml, aspiration showed no blood, minimal bleeding from withdrawal, no electric-like nerve feelings. Swabbed everything in sight with alcohol.

Felt a little sore in a very subtle way after shot, figured this is to be expected, deliberately played in the backyard-bathroom during the dogs' final visit so as to keep legs moving a bit, went to bed and slept normally.

Felt a bit stiff Thursday am, went to work, hobbled around a bit, went to dog park where I squat a lot cause the dogs seem to like face-level play. Squats hurt noticably, in the quad, not the knee. Went to gym after that, did some upper body stuff, still had to move around medium well, and I did.

Now, Friday morning, can hardly move, called in sick, very noticeable limp, cannot bend my leg more than a half-squat or straighten it out more than 90%, even when I do it so there is no weight on leg. Very stiff kinda soreness in quad, but in area below injection, right above knee but not inside the joint. Visible swelling in muscle that sits right over knee on the outside of leg, and that feels warmer to hand than its twin on the other leg.

Does this sound like an infection or like weird oil dispersal or like just goes-with-the-territory? Which cause seems to fit the time frame I'm describing?

Don't want to run off to some doctor and report steroid use over a minor issue, but also don't want to ignore an infection that will move from leg to entire body. What are a doctor's legal obligations if a patient describes an injection-related problem? The quality of the care he provides will vary with how much I tell or withold, don't want him wild goose chasing a sprain or strain while a massive infection may be hatching. Would want to tell him it was 2ml's and 1 1/2" deep, just misleading to lie about a B-12 or insulin shot.

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
I am planning a cycle of Test Prop but I am starting to change my mind after this thread... Test Prop typically more painfull comapred to Test E?

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
Chemist, just about everyone on this Board has more experience than I do, but at the moment, it's just we two.

Seems nearly unanimous that Prop can be more painful than E or Cyp. There are folks who use Prop with no complaints, but of those who do describe hard-to-ignore painful injections, Prop is more likely the culprit. That's why I posted above. If I had been using Prop I would have just taken pain as a given. My relatively mild cycle leaves infection as a possible cause, so I went to the doctor since then, omitting the little detail about a shot 2 days ago. My white blood cell count is elevated, so I'm on 2 weeks of antibiotics, which are not anabolism-friendly if I recall.

Great avatar, btw. Thought I'd bought up all of my yearbook photos.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Got a problem that's sorta on topic, sorta off....

1)Does this sound like an infection or like weird oil dispersal or like just goes-with-the-territory? Which cause seems to fit the time frame I'm describing?

2) What are a doctor's legal obligations if a patient describes an injection-related problem? The quality of the care he provides will vary with how much I tell or withold, don't want him wild goose chasing a sprain or strain while a massive infection may be hatching.
Okay here's some help for you.

1) Do you have a fever? If you do then it is more likely to be an infection. If you don't have a fever I wouldn't worry just yet. If you check out medical sites about injection abscesses you'll notice that all they will recommend for most situations is "hot soaks" to the area. This is tried first to see if the infection will clear on it's own. Don't worry too much about it. Even if it is an infection you're not likely to die over night, it will be a gradual progressing problem.

Also keep in mind that it is EXTREMELY rare for an infection from an injection to show physical symptoms in less than 4-5 days after the injection.

2) As far as I know a Doc is legally obligated to keep any info that you divulge to himself, ie. "doctor, patient confidentiality". However, if that still makes you uncomfortable then saying it was a B12 shot will work out fine. B12 is still shot intramuscularly (or can be) and would therefore be done in the same manor as pinning gear.

Hope that helps.

coolbreeze

Awards
I just recently had my ass swell up real red and nasty from prop. Took two Aleve last night before going to bed, and it reduced it a ton by morning. I did a normal glute shot, but I guess the oil dissipated down towards my leg. I had a real large red welt like on my glute and ham tie ins.
This sounds like you might have hit close to the sciatic nerve and the BA will kill nerves easily....result= swelling. After you might see some deep red discoloring under the skin where muscle tissue was lost due to nerve damage....

coolbreeze

Awards
Chemist, just about everyone on this Board has more experience than I do, but at the moment, it's just we two.

Seems nearly unanimous that Prop can be more painful than E or Cyp. There are folks who use Prop with no complaints, but of those who do describe hard-to-ignore painful injections, Prop is more likely the culprit. That's why I posted above. If I had been using Prop I would have just taken pain as a given. My relatively mild cycle leaves infection as a possible cause, so I went to the doctor since then, omitting the little detail about a shot 2 days ago. My white blood cell count is elevated, so I'm on 2 weeks of antibiotics, which are not anabolism-friendly if I recall.

Great avatar, btw. Thought I'd bought up all of my yearbook photos.
I once hit near the sciatic nerve and had massive swelling, I think this can cause some problems for injections, also impurities like mycoplasma can be a major source of redness swelling etc....and if its Mexican stuff...then that could be it.

preston25

Awards
What Gauge needle are you using for your test prop, Mine should will be arriving soo.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hey thanks whoever repped me.
never flex while pinning. shooting short esters into your biceps hurts too.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established