SD Back Pumps

P

PapaBlaze

Awards
I get really bad back pumps when squatting or doing bent over rows, when on SD.

Does anyone know why or have any ideas how to reduce the pain. It gets so bad i can only manage 1 maybe 2 sets.

Even my shins pump up when i am running to the point where i cant move!!!!!!!

The pumps are amazing everywhere else, not complaining just need to know if anyone has found a way of dealing with this.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Taurine and pottasium. Take the taurine and eat two bananas. That should do the trick.

P

PapaBlaze

Awards
nice one. Ill give that a try. Thanks.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you are drinking at least a gallon of water a day as well. :)

G

Gary46080

Awards
Also increase your water intake significantly, try for 8L per day.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The shin/low back pumps are by far the worse, 2 bannanas and 10g Taurine 1hr before workout really didn't get it done for me. I just avoided squats and kept cardio to a minimum, but hopefully the taurine and potassium works for you.

G

Gary46080

Awards
I just avoided squats and kept cardio to a minimum, but hopefully the taurine and potassium works for you.
If you think squats are hard with the pump, try doing deadlifts or bent over rows. My back workout was a nightmare before I upped my water intake and supplemented with taurine.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Add in some magnesium as well. Seems to work well with the taurine and potassium.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I seriously could not drive for 15mins before having to pull over due to pumps. They truly suck, but man up and deal with them, the gains are well worth it. Water, and taurine daily!!!!

U

utvol

Awards
i got the back pumps when i took 1AD and again when i stacked SD and 1AD. the thing that was worse than the back pumps was a pain in my groin that i'm assuming was my prostate. i cut my cycle about a week short and started pct. i did make some pretty decent gains and after a month i haven't lost much if any at all strengthwise which is good. all the pain in my back and groin is gone too.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I have found that you can work through the horrific lower back pumps. It is not easy...but can be done. Try to stretch between squat and deadlift sets. Take your time. Sit down for a few moments.

The only drawback to this tactic is that when you get to the locker room to change you might not be able to untie your sneakers!!!

M

munstah

Awards
how do u guy measure out a gram of taurine powder... i ordered from nutra...