Quick Question on HCG use

Thracian

Awards
Getting ready to start a 16 week cycle of 600mg/wk test e with 600mg/wk EQ with 4-6 weeks of 30mg d-bol. I like Swale's protocol of running HCG throughout. I'll be running probably 250iu's once or twice a week.
My question is if I run a 16 week cycle is there a problem with becoming desensitized to the HCG over this long a period? Thanks

Parteeman

Awards
SWale has me on 100iu everyday even when off cycle. That amounts to 700iu per week, as opposed to your plan to use a total of 500iu per week. I've read Swale to say that he prefers everyday injections of HCG, provided you never should exceed 500iu per injection. As a result, 250iu twice per week should not desensitize your leydig cells.

Thracian

Awards
Thanks man. Sounds like I'm on the right track.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i'm doing 250iu's twice a week, it's only 1/4cc, it seems like so little...

Gary46080

Awards
Why do you guys use such low doses? You should take 1500 - 3000 IU's every 4 or 5 days for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Why do you guys use such low doses? You should take 1500 - 3000 IU's every 4 or 5 days for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.
Should? No they shouldn't.. they don't want to desensitize their leydig cells, and neither should you. 500iu's a week is perfectly fine and works very well IMPE.

16 weeks of 1500-3000iu's E5D will have more of a chance of desensitization than 500iu's a week... Low dose works. If your Leydig are desensitized, you're fucked.

Gary46080

Awards
Should? No they shouldn't.. they don't want to desensitize their leydig cells, and neither should you. 500iu's a week is perfectly fine and works very well IMPE.

16 weeks of 1500-3000iu's E5D will have more of a chance of desensitization than 500iu's a week... Low dose works. If your Leydig are desensitized, you're fucked.
Who said anything about 16 weeks of 1500-3000IU's, I said for 2 to 3 weeks at a time. Obviously if used for extended periods of time at high doses it may desensitize the Leydig's cells to luteinizing hormone but if run in short periods that is the most effective way in my experiance.

Parteeman

Awards
According to Swale, 500ius of HCG is sufficient to stimulate all of the Leydig cells. Any more than that is unnecessary.

Gary46080

Awards
According to Swale, 500ius of HCG is sufficient to stimulate all of the Leydig cells. Any more than that is unnecessary.
I don't know who this Swale person is, so I can't really comment on what he says. But just a word of advice, don't take everything you read on the internet as the truth. Just because "Swale" says something doesn't mean too much. I received my info from an ex IFBB pro and he has assured me 1500-3000IU's every 5 days is the best bet, pro's go anywhere from 2000-5000IU's. This has also been confirmed to me by a professional trainer in my area who has trained numerous clients who turned IFBB pro. I'm not sure of Swale's credentials so don't take it the wrong way, but a lot of people on the internet really don't know what they're talking about.

Parteeman

Awards
Just FYI, Swale is the preeminent doctor in the USA specializing in the treatment of steroid athletes and hypogonadal males. Look him up on Allthingsmale.com. He is also my personal physician and is universally respected on multiple boards. See a lot of his posts on meso-rx.com.

Gary46080

Awards
Just FYI, Swale is the preeminent doctor in the USA specializing in the treatment of steroid athletes and hypogonadal males. Look him up on Allthingsmale.com. He is also my personal physician and is universally respected on multiple boards. See a lot of his posts on meso-rx.com.
As I stated I didn't know Swale's credentials, if he is a doctor specializing in AAS usage in athletes then that's a good source of information, but for the most part it's better to get your information from trusted sources, ie. your doctor or if you have friends in the bodybuilding industry than off the internet.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes, I have heard many conflicing this on HCG use, MOST of the things I read (books, etc) say to use Gary's method, Swale's seems to be a thing mostly used on this board...

that's just what i've seen

Gary46080

Awards
yes, I have heard many conflicing this on HCG use, MOST of the things I read (books, etc) say to use Gary's method, Swale's seems to be a thing mostly used on this board...

that's just what i've seen
Oh I see.. I am not on this board very often which is why I have not heard of that method before. If Swale's method is working for you then definately stick with it because I'm sure he knows his stuff, but like you said Wolfe, I think the 1500 - 3000 IU's is the more common method.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I received my info from an ex IFBB pro and he has assured me 1500-3000IU's every 5 days is the best bet, pro's go anywhere from 2000-5000IU's. This has also been confirmed to me by a professional trainer in my area who has trained numerous clients who turned IFBB pro. I'm not sure of Swale's credentials so don't take it the wrong way, but a lot of people on the internet really don't know what they're talking about.
:) I actually know quite a few IFBB pros in my area.... Them, and the trainers, do not really know what they're talking about.... They are the LAST people I would go to for information regarding my endocrine system.

What do you think these boards are for Gary? I agree that you shouldn't believe everything you read.. but that also goes for everything you hear.. especially from IFBB pros.. Just because they got a pro card means they know what they're doing? A lot of those guys do what they're TOLD.

And yes, 500iu's a week works very well in my experience... That's my point.. a low dose works well, so why do short bursts of higher doses? Like I stated, 1500-3000iu's have a higher chance of lowering your Leydig's sensitivity to LH... not matter the duration. I don't take the chance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 1
Anabolics 1
ThatGuyZA Anabolics 5
jdj16 Anabolics 8
Post Cycle Therapy 2