finasteride dosing question

DrDunc33

Awards
I didn't know if I should post this question in this forum, but here it goes. If you have finasteride at 5mg/ml in aqueous solution and you want a daily dose of 1mg then obviously you need one-fifth of a ml, but how do you measure out that small amount. I can't find a medicine dropper or oral syringe that can measure that small. What would you guys do?

Tad50

Awards
go to your local drug store and get a baby oral syringe

DrDunc33

Awards
go to your local drug store and get a baby oral syringe
Thanks for the response Tad50; I actually thought of that since I have a 20-month old. I got all of the syringes and droppers out that we used for her. The one with the smallest increment was 0.5ml and going any smaller would be hard. Maybe there are even smaller ones at the pharmacy. I will check.

DrDunc33

Awards
where did u get the Finasteride from?
I don't know if I am allowed to give that or not; seems like some people get flamed on here for posting sites and some don't. Anyway, it was one of the "research" websites.

enimity

Awards
I didn't know if I should post this question in this forum, but here it goes. If you have finasteride at 5mg/ml in aqueous solution and you want a daily dose of 1mg then obviously you need one-fifth of a ml, but how do you measure out that small amount. I can't find a medicine dropper or oral syringe that can measure that small. What would you guys do?
Not sure what the issue is, I just use a regular 1ml dropper and judge by eye 1/5 of it. Actually closer to a quarter as Im on cycle so better safe than sorry:)

DrDunc33

Awards
Not sure what the issue is, I just use a regular 1ml dropper and judge by eye 1/5 of it. Actually closer to a quarter as Im on cycle so better safe than sorry:)
It is not an issue really; I just had several droppers and oral syringes in the house, but they were not small enough. I didn't realize that they made any that were smaller. I went to the local pharmacy and they gave me one that measured down to .25ml, so it works great.