PHs + cold medicine/wine?

dwass

dwass

Awards
Not together. I promise :)

I have two questions -

1) While using prohoromones, I would assume it's a good idea to stay away from decongestants such as Sudafed, but I couldn't find any verification. Am I right to think I should just stick out the stuffy nose?

2) I know that drinking is a terrible idea while "on," but what about single servings (>4oz) of red wine? Are the positive healths benefits outweighed by the extra strain put on the liver or would single servings actually help?

And yes, I know not to combine the Sudafed and the wine :study:

Thanks guys!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the ph but I don't see how a small serving of wine is going to hurt. As for the sudafed, couldn't tell ya but I know a few peeps who take an anthistamine like Benadryl while on AAS & Clen to keep receptors fresh.

Watch out for some cold meds that contain acetaminophen. That stuff is harder on the ol liver than a little red wine.

All that being said, I personally feel that most cold symptoms are best left alone and many are your body's defense systems doing what they do best. I just suck it up and live with them as much as I can and save the symptom maskers for the few times that I couldn't function without em.

dwass

dwass

Awards
Thanks for the quick response.

For the wine, I definately meant to put <4oz instead of >4oz, but that's no biggie. I have been meaning to start drinking red wine for a while, but wasn't sure if even a small amount would be harmful while on.

I normally try to tough out anything I get. Today though, I was stuffed up as all hell and had to work. One of the kids in the back got the lucky job of keeping my white tea hot so it would clear me up a bit.

The active ingredient in Sudafed is pseudoephedrine HCI (30mg/serving)... shouldn't be of any issue if it gets to the point where I really do need the use of my nose, right?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Don't see a problem with it. I take Vaspro Ephedrine from time to time while on, especially on a cut. I believe they are very similar.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The nasal inhalers work well for me, and around here it is now taking an act of congress to get Sudafed at Wal-mart. The last few colds I had I tried 1 gram vit C morning and 1 gram at night. Seemed to knock it out before it really started.