My Pheraplex vs SD cycle

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Thought I would also give an update on my Pheraplex cycle.

Just finished day 7.

In comparison to SD? Well as I've posted on here before, I had trouble puting much weight on SD, and what I did put on went to my waist.

So far on PP, put on 4.18lbs! AND, no bloat. I'm sure a little has gone to my waist, but not much. Another interesting fact is that during SD I did no cardio. With PP I'm do sprints on one day, and play soccer on another.

The strength gains haven't come in yet though

Side effects? A bit oily, BUT have no felt run down or anything as I was on SD.

PP so far blows SD out of the water for me.

Oh, I'm running 20,20,30,30.

C

c-los 21

Anabolic Xtreme Rep
Awards
  • Established
Thought I would also give an update on my Pheraplex cycle.

Just finished day 7.

In comparison to SD? Well as I've posted on here before, I had trouble puting much weight on SD, and what I did put on went to my waist.

So far on PP, put on 4.18lbs! AND, no bloat. I'm sure a little has gone to my waist, but not much. Another interesting fact is that during SD I did no cardio. With PP I'm do sprints on one day, and play soccer on another.

The strength gains haven't come in yet though

Side effects? A bit oily, BUT have no felt run down or anything as I was on SD.

PP so far blows SD out of the water for me.

Oh, I'm running 20,20,30,30.
Great, keep me(us) updated. I noticed my strength increases starting week2. I also seem to favor PP over SD, reason is the side-effects.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
After trying and not really liking SD, I had been told that PP would probably work much better. So far so good.

It's now day 9 and I'm up 6.16lbs. Ate lots over the weekend, and not too cleanly either. Yet waist did not expand as I had expected.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
End of day 14.

Weight is up 8.4lbs. Two weeks to go.

Have already exceeded the weight I put on in my whole 4 weeks of SD.

Some of the weight gain has gone to the waist, but most I would say has gone to the muscles. I wil take measurements tomorrow. Certainly, legs, arms, shoulders, chest and traps look bigger.

B

biomax

Awards
I think it is time to get some money together and order some PP before it's gone.
I am reading just to much good stuff about this product.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The funny thing about PP is that DS didn't seem to think too much of it in the beginning. They said it would be good, but expected harsher sides and I think less anabolism.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
just some notes:

Mood - Feeling quite drained and tired whlst on SD. Feeling just fine on PP.

Libido: Just as good on both, and just as big loads with both :icon_lol:

Strength: Yet to noticed anything major with PP. this was definitely better on SD. Still, there's 2 weeks left to go.

BW: As mentioned, for me PP blows SD out of the water. What is striking is that I'm actually doing cardio (sprints and soccer) with PP, did none with SD, but with PP am set to double the weight I put on with SD! Could someone please explain this to me????

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Ok measurement time....

After 2 weeks,

Biceps: up 0.5cm (have done no direct arm work)
Legs: up 1.5cm
Chest: up 2cm
Waist: up 2cm. No surprises here as i have noticed my waist expand some.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
tell me about it

as u can see though, Im not making any claims that it's been done without fat gain

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Update time

Day 17

BW is up 9.9lbs….to put this in to context I only gained about 7lbs for the total 4 weeks for SD. I’m actually 1.3lbs behind target, as I’m trying to add on average 0.66lbs per day. So I’m 2 days behind.

Also, with SD at 7lbs, I had to loosen by belt by one notch. Still fine on PP. So although my waist has expanded, a good chunk of BW gain is going to the muscles.

Have developed a fair bit of a cold the last cpl of days since I upped to 3 caps per day.

I believe the strength bit is finally kicking in.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how's that cardio going? i had amazing increases in cardio when i used it for 3 weeks. earlier this year.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Cardio’s going fine, although I have felt my lower back tighten up after sprints. Good thing is that the cardio isn’t hampering my bulk, just limiting fat gain.

B

Bigfishy

Awards
Im a little curious as to what people are experiencing in strength. Im on day 10 at 20mg and I'm looking leaner and meaner than ever. Yet I have had almost zero strength gains?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
As I mention above….SD for me was better for strength…but I have finally noticed the strength kicking in with PP.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Strength is def kicking in now...

Tonight's overhead press with oly bar, 3 reps at 80kg (176lbs). Best pressing ever. This was after struggling to get 2 reps last week at 79kg.

Squat (deep and without belt) for 3 reps at 332lbs. Just shy of my 336lb best for 3...HOWEVER, that then was only going just under parallel.

Finished it up with some light power cleans (8x3) @ 150lbs, 1 minute break between sets.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sounds great so far, I have some PP and am really getting anxious to try, keep updates coming...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
BW: As mentioned, for me PP blows SD out of the water. What is striking is that I'm actually doing cardio (sprints and soccer) with PP, did none with SD, but with PP am set to double the weight I put on with SD! Could someone please explain this to me????
good log, Superdrol is a drier compound than Phera-plex thus you will see nearly all LEAN MASS gains with SD (provided your diet is on spot). Phera-plex is not totally wet but it is a Mass Builder. You'll see actually what you did gain in post cycle.

I started PP two days ago and I'm feeling like total crap... Is this the Phera-plex? Or just a winter head cold?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
I gained nearly all fat on my SD cycle. My bulk certainly wasn't totally clean, but nor was it bad either.

It's been a very different story with PP.

Ur feeling like crap from PP? ur the first I've heard! Hopefulyl it's just a cold.

P

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I started PP two days ago and I'm feeling like total crap... Is this the Phera-plex? Or just a winter head cold?
I'm on week 3 of my PP cycle. The first week I felt like complete ****, total lethargy. During the second week it went away.

B

Bigfishy

Awards
Same here, first week I felt a little "off" and even got sick after a couple heavy workouts... for some reason or another. Im now on day 13 and feeling just fine. Up 10 pounds and still crossing my fingers and waiting for any strength gains.

P

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
I was so tired the first week I actually missed 2 workouts. I'm still up 6lbs. though and haven't had a dramtic change in my diet.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya guys that was probally the only side i experienced as well but i had attributed it to the prostaan since many others have mentioned that prostan causes huge sleepiness, end of week one into week 2 for about 5 days i would be absolutely dead tired mid day but workouts were still insane. it came and went quick for me but this is the first ive heard of any cold like symptoms appearing. try roughing it out for a couple days hopefully it'll blow over quickly so you can start the enjoyment. by the way are you taking this alone, as part of a stack or just a booster for a longer inj. cycle?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
sounds like it would be better to run SD first and follow up with PP with maybe a week of them overlapping. anyone think this is a good idea? AX recommends to stack the two compounds the opposite way and ive never seen a review or log with SD then PP.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sounds like it would be better to run SD first and follow up with PP with maybe a week of them overlapping. anyone think this is a good idea? AX recommends to stack the two compounds the opposite way and ive never seen a review or log with SD then PP.
do it and tell us how it works.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
FINAL RESULTS!

Final Results

Suffice to say that I have been amazingly surprised by the results over these past 4 weeks.

BW up 16.72 lbs from 154.22lbs to 170.94lbs

Biceps – up 0.79inches (2cm)
Legs – up 1.77inches (4.5cm)
Chest – up 1.77inches (4.5cm)
Waist – up 1.57inches (4cm)

I’m not sure what the split is between muscle/fat/water gains. But what I can say is that I look a lot bigger and everyone I know has been saying I’ve grown heaps, in terms of muscle. My wife had not noticed I had put on around the waist and just reckons it’s all muscle. I beg to differ as my waist has expanded some. Apart from increased measurements, my traps and shoulders have also grown, however I don’t measure these.

My gains on PP where more than double what I got on SD, despite actually doing cardio on PP 2x per week.

Also, I’m not sure it was worth going up to 30mg for 2 weeks, given my BW increase was roughly the same as my 2 weeks on 20mg.

Supps used whilst on cycle

R-ALA
Saw Palmetto
SesaThin
Milk Thistle
Red Yeast Rice
Multi
Flax seed
Extend
Taurine
Cissus RX

My diet throughout wasn’t too bad at all. I didn’t just eat everything site, but did eat a bit of ice cream and chocolates when I normally wouldn’t. but other than that it was pretty good.

Training was done 3x per week (full body work outs every time). Cardio consisted of 1 day where I did sprints, the other I plated soccer.

Mood/Energy
I felt very good on PP compared to SD. With SD I developed a cold almost asap, I was irritable, lethargic and tired. I was however more aggressive with PP.

Strength
Strength gains on PP finally kicked in at the beginning of my 3rd week, whereas these were noticed earlier with SD and were stronger with SD. I finally reached some new PB’s on the overhead press and squats.

Libido
I would say that libido was slightly stronger on SD than on PP.

Fat Gain
Most of my gains on SD were fat/water. On PP, I more than doubled my BW gains compared to SD, however I would say % fat/water gains.

Now onto PCT….

For the next 4 weeks I’ll be using

T-drive
PowerFULL
Cre-Ethyl Thunder
Matrix-Abs (with 7-OXO) – I won’t get this for another week or 2
SesaThin/SesaLean
SuperCarb - I won't get this for another week

Training will remain the same as on cycle.

I will update in 4 weeks time.

X

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Final Results

Suffice to say that I have been amazingly surprised by the results over these past 4 weeks.

BW up 16.72 lbs from 154.22lbs to 170.94lbs

Biceps – up 0.79inches (2cm)
Legs – up 1.77inches (4.5cm)
Chest – up 1.77inches (4.5cm)
Waist – up 1.57inches (4cm)

I’m not sure what the split is between muscle/fat/water gains. But what I can say is that I look a lot bigger and everyone I know has been saying I’ve grown heaps, in terms of muscle. My wife had not noticed I had put on around the waist and just reckons it’s all muscle. I beg to differ as my waist has expanded some. Apart from increased measurements, my traps and shoulders have also grown, however I don’t measure these.

My gains on PP where more than double what I got on SD, despite actually doing cardio on PP 2x per week.

Also, I’m not sure it was worth going up to 30mg for 2 weeks, given my BW increase was roughly the same as my 2 weeks on 20mg.

Supps used whilst on cycle

R-ALA
Saw Palmetto
SesaThin
Milk Thistle
Red Yeast Rice
Multi
Flax seed
Extend
Taurine
Cissus RX

My diet throughout wasn’t too bad at all. I didn’t just eat everything site, but did eat a bit of ice cream and chocolates when I normally wouldn’t. but other than that it was pretty good.

Training was done 3x per week (full body work outs every time). Cardio consisted of 1 day where I did sprints, the other I plated soccer.

Mood/Energy
I felt very good on PP compared to SD. With SD I developed a cold almost asap, I was irritable, lethargic and tired. I was however more aggressive with PP.

Strength
Strength gains on PP finally kicked in at the beginning of my 3rd week, whereas these were noticed earlier with SD and were stronger with SD. I finally reached some new PB’s on the overhead press and squats.

Libido
I would say that libido was slightly stronger on SD than on PP.

Fat Gain
Most of my gains on SD were fat/water. On PP, I more than doubled my BW gains compared to SD, however I would say % fat/water gains.

Now onto PCT….

For the next 4 weeks I’ll be using

T-drive
PowerFULL
Cre-Ethyl Thunder
Matrix-Abs (with 7-OXO) – I won’t get this for another week or 2
SesaThin/SesaLean
SuperCarb - I won't get this for another week

Training will remain the same as on cycle.

I will update in 4 weeks time.

Um.......are you going to run nolva, atd, clomid or something like that for PCT?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
ummm...no

T-Drive is the same as Rebound, and PowerFULL takes care of the libido. I ran the exact same PCT after SD without a problem...and SD has stronger side effects.

P

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
You started at 154lbs??? How talk are you?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Might I suggest instead of doing 3x full body you halve the volume and alternate between one part of your previous workout and the other?

Working the whole body 3x a week is OK when on anabolics but no one with experience will tell you it's not asking for trouble when in PCT.

Also, I mean halving the VOLUME, and not simply splitting the workout and doubling the sets. Keep the weights HEAVY and if you've been doing moderate/high reps, you might want to change that to lower reps and heavier weights.

The rationale for this advice is that in PCT your ability to regenerate your muscles is GREATLY hindered, especially at first, and then gradually recovers. On top of that, it will be the first time that you have this much muscle to maintain from your natural anabolic resources, and it will take some time for your body to get used to that. So this advice is geared towards exhausting your recuperative abilities as little as possible while tearing down the muscle enough to stimulate regeneration. Overtraining in PCT sucks major ass.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice

I've always done ful body workouts though and not into splits etc. I do low to medium reps ie. 3-5, working to a top set...i don't go heavy everyday, some days are heavy, others light to medium. what do u think?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
this is what my training looks like

Mond
Overhead press 3x5 then 3x3 (right throughout working to a top set of 3) - heavy
Squat 5x3 (workign to a top set) - heavy
Power cleans 8x3 same weight- light

Weds
Overhead press 5x5 woring to a top weight - medium
Squat 5x5 working to a top set - medium
Power Shrugs 2x5 then 3x3 with a top weight - heavy
Weighted chin-ups 5x3 sae weight- light at the moment

Sat
Bench 3x5 then 3x3 (right throughout working to a top set of 3) - heavy
Deadlift 5x3 working to a top set- heavy
Power Cleans warmp up singles then 3x3 same weight- heavy

let me know what u think of the above in light of PCT

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I'd go for a completely new split man. Not that what you have there isn't good, it's just that it isn't suited to PCT.

How about something like

1. Chest, Delts, Triceps, Abs
2. Back, Thighs, Biceps, Calves
repeat

You can make a 1a, 2a, 1b, 2b workouts so that you don't repeat TOO often the exact same. You can keep a lot of the exercises you do right now, except group them together. Go heavy all the way, and limit the workout to about 10-12 sets, which is about half what you are doing now.

How 'bout this:

1a. Chest, Delts, Triceps, Abs
-Bench Press x 3
-Overhead Press x 3
-Close-grip bench press x 3
-Crunches x 2

2a. Back, Thighs, Biceps, Calves
-Squat x 3
-Stiff-legged deadlift x 3
-Power clean x 3
-Weighted chin-up x 2

1b. Chest, Delts, Triceps, Abs
-Inclined Bench x 3
-Upright rowing x 3
-Cable pulldown x 2
-Crunches x 2

2b. Back, Thighs, Biceps, Calves
-Deadlift x 2
-Pull-ups x 3
-Leg extension x 3
-Leg Curl x 3

This gives you some variety while insuring maximum compatibility with your olypic-style lifting. That's why there are no direct bicep or calf work but of course you could remodel this so that it is included. OTOH you might want to concentrate on what you've been doing, as I do not know your exact goals.

IMO this split would give you an interesting PCT with enough variety to keep things interesting while letting your body recover fully from your workouts.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
the above looks like a good plan actually and i can definitely see the logic, many thanks. when u say x3, i take it that is a top set....what about warm-ups?

I train at home, so don't have access to do some of those exercises....also i never liked cable stuff...on the bench..i work in a rack...and do bottom position close grip benching..i have done my shoulder too many times from wide grip benching

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I mean those are working sets. Warm-up as usual, and replace the lifts as needed... Like...

Cable pulldown - skull crusher / BB tri ext
Leg extension & leg curl - Split squat

etc

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
good stuff....yeah u certainly got me thinking...I'll sit down tonight my time and structure it with the lifts I'm more interested in, but will certainly reduce the volume

thanks again amigo

P

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
PP and SD stack?

Any advice on taking them together or is it better to do them seperate?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
it certainly sounds like a stack could be interesting...Poopypants would be the best one to comment on that though....something I may look into at some point

however....first off i would say try PP by itself first

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
<<<Also, I mean halving the VOLUME, and not simply splitting the workout and doubling the sets. Keep the weights HEAVY and if you've been doing moderate/high reps, you might want to change that to lower reps and heavier weights.

The rationale for this advice is that in PCT your ability to regenerate your muscles is GREATLY hindered, especially at first, and then gradually recovers. On top of that, it will be the first time that you have this much muscle to maintain from your natural anabolic resources, and it will take some time for your body to get used to that. So this advice is geared towards exhausting your recuperative abilities as little as possible while tearing down the muscle enough to stimulate regeneration. Overtraining in PCT sucks major ass.>>>

So do you think it's good to go with moderate to high reps while cycling, and then go down to lower reps when you cycle off? Interesting. I usually use low reps year 'round. I may give this a try. How high would you suggest for reps? Thanks for the info.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not suggesting particularly high reps on-cycle as it all depends on one's goals. As ever, we're counting reps, but we should really be couting TUT (Time under tension) instead of reps, for bodybuilding purposes at least.

What I am saying though, is to keep the volume low and the weights high during PCT.

toosmall

toosmall

Awards
I'm not suggesting particularly high reps on-cycle as it all depends on one's goals. As ever, we're counting reps, but we should really be couting TUT (Time under tension) instead of reps, for bodybuilding purposes at least.

What I am saying though, is to keep the volume low and the weights high during PCT.
Understandable. Thanks for the advice Grunt.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Any advice on taking them together or is it better to do them seperate?
They are two strong methyls. I advice against a stack of them like AX recommend(ed).

There are quite a few good choices to stack with either: finigenX and prostan are the first that comes to my mind.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They are two strong methyls. I advice against a stack of them like AX recommend(ed).

There are quite a few good choices to stack with either: finigenX and prostan are the first that comes to my mind.
agreed. i think your better suited to stick with a weaker nonmethyl to help you cycle out, i liked what i saw with prostan and if fini wasnt so pricey i might have tried that as well since ive heard great things. SD and PP would compliment eachother nicely but i didnt gain any more on the 2 together then i have on either one or the other solo. just doesnt seem worth the bad effects it can nhave on your body and the fact that you waste lots of supp that would serve you better in its own cycle. JMO.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
hows pct going for ya?? any decrease in weight/strength.Did you loose any libido during the cycle and how is it holding up now?

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe how many ppl have viewed this thread. I hope it's been helpful.

1 week left of pct, so i will update next week. In the meantime, suffice to say I'm setting PR's on my lifts every week still, libido is just fiiiiiiiiine, and have only lost about 2kg BW (ie. 4.4lbs). Haven't taken measurements yet, but I would say it's mostly been water and fat, as my waist has come down, despite keeping my calories more or less the same as whilst on cycle.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
nah...and jizz volume is jsut as good as ever :bow28: