donating blood

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just curious, if you are on cycle, should you not donate blood? Im not sure what possible effects one could have receiving blood from someone who was on a cycle. Anyone know?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive often wondered about this myself. Bump for anyone who might know or have any idea?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Personally I would not due to the fact that you have no idea where the blood will end up.. but that is just me

SomeGuy200

Awards
Incarceration
You may donate blood if it has been more than 12 months since incarceration or sexual contact with someone who was incarcerated. (Applies to incarcerations lasting 72 hours or more.)

Illegal Drug Use

You may donate blood if:

* it has been 12 months or more since you last sniffed cocaine
* it has been 12 months since your last sexual contact with someone who has sniffed cocaine.

You may not donate blood if:

* you are a past or present user of illegal intravenous drugs. Or you take anabolic steroids intravenously, unless you have a doctor's prescription.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Never done it intravenous, only Intramuscular, does that make any difference?

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't make a difference. My fiancee went to give blood (at church no less) a while back, and the doctor asked her if she had had sex with someone who had used drugs and/or anabolic steroids "intravenously" without a doctor's prescription. She said yes, told them what I'd done (test/EQ) at that time, and the nurse said essentially "no dice, come back in 12 months."

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any explanation as to why? Do they think that AAS users are filthy and share needles like heroin addicts or something?

Brennon

Awards
The only thing I can think of is the blood may be thicker due to increases in hemoglobin... I have no idea why having sex with someone using AAS would be an issue at all.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
The reason they say that is because of sharing needles, no other reason.