Hepatoxicity

taxidriver

taxidriver

Awards
Hello to you all vets in this forum. I read that winstrol is one of the most hepatoxic substances, since prostanozol is chemicaly* similar, can i say that prostanozol is more hepatoxic than PP or SD for example?

*i dont know if my english is correct:blink:

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
No. Prostan is not methylated, Winny is, which is why it is hepatoxic. Prostan is winny without the liver damage (and apparently the efficient delivery).

hushdrops

Awards
Win inject: rough on liver too?

No. Prostan is not methylated, Winny is, which is why it is hepatoxic. Prostan is winny without the liver damage (and apparently the efficient delivery).
but isn't even injectable Win also rough on the liver?

that would mean it's not totally because of the methyl in the oral that's responsible for taxing the liver.

if that is the case, it could mean that Prostanz may also be rough on the liver even though it is not a methyl?

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
No, it's because it's methylated, oral and injectable winny are the same substance. The reason it's liver toxic is because the methyl on the 17th carbon makes it resistant to first pass degradation in the liver. The liver has to work harder to break the substance down. On another note, there are other substances that are a lot more toxic than winny. I'd say winny is mid-range on the spectrum of liver toxic methyls.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cheque drops are probably the most toxic..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
No, it's because it's methylated, oral and injectable winny are the same substance. The reason it's liver toxic is because the methyl on the 17th carbon makes it resistant to first pass degradation in the liver. The liver has to work harder to break the substance down. On another note, there are other substances that are a lot more toxic than winny. I'd say winny is mid-range on the spectrum of liver toxic methyls.
That is why Prostan requires high doses to be effective.