AAS and Sperm

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,

I tried to do some research to find out if male AAS use would have any negative effect on reproduction.

On the research sites I used terms like (steroid, abuse, teratogenic, sperm) etc., but I don't see anything.

Of course, there are several papers about lowered sperm count from heavy use, but nothing about birth defects, etc.

I am specifically interested in the 2-ene products as well as the other "legal" pro-steroids.

Anyone have any experience or research references they could send my way?

Happy Turkey Day!

R

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
birth defects, no....low-no sperm count, yes. look up "shutdown"

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys...

Damn though, I would feel better if there was something out there on defects.

I have been dying to start some cycles but there is always something stopping me.

I think I'll have to wait because if I get my wife pregnant on this stuff and something "happens" with the kid I will always have doubts.

At least I know I'll have the sprem count that I need after cycles later on!

Later,
R

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
oh that was the original question?

I know 30+ persons who got their wife/girlfriend/hooker pregnant on cycle - including a Pro BB (phil hernon). All babies are happy and healthy as far as I know.

It is a risk however if the female is using steroids.

The media would go ballistic if steroids resulted in baby defects. We wouldn't hear the end of it. It's never mentioned as a side effect though.

Brennon

Awards
Don't jinx it.

Brain cancer isn't a known side effect but you hear that all the time too.

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanx

Thanks guys...

Damn though, I would feel better if there was something out there on defects.

I have been dying to start some cycles but there is always something stopping me.

I think I'll have to wait because if I get my wife pregnant on this stuff and something "happens" with the kid I will always have doubts.

At least I know I'll have the sprem count that I need after cycles later on!

Later,
R
Wow thats a great post, ive been wondering about that also for a few years now, very informative thanx..

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
oh that was the original question?

I know 30+ persons who got their wife/girlfriend/hooker pregnant on cycle - including a Pro BB (phil hernon). All babies are happy and healthy as far as I know.

It is a risk however if the female is using steroids.

The media would go ballistic if steroids resulted in baby defects. We wouldn't hear the end of it. It's never mentioned as a side effect though.
As an over 30 myself, I'm gonna do my damndest to NOT get the wife, girlfriend or hooker pregnant on cycle.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
As an over 30 myself, I'm gonna do my damndest to NOT get the wife, girlfriend or hooker pregnant on cycle.
I'll take it one step further by saying "I'm getting clipped on December 9th and then doing my next cycle". :nono: kids.

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
There always seems to be a reason to postpone...it is starting to drive me crazy.

I got baseline bloods, and then started SD, when my doc freaked because my CPK was through the ceiling. Then I got that straightened out and injured my back. Then I healed up and had a busy travel season with work, so I knew that I would not be able to keep up proper training and nutrition.

Now the wife is ready to have our second (and final) kid!

AARGH!

Everyone leave me alone so I can use some of this stuff! This has been going on since June!

Regards,
R

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
here you go

Birth Defects

Anabolic/androgenic steroids can have a very pronounced impact on the development of an unborn fetus. Adrenal Genital Syndrome in particular is a very disturbing occurrence, in which a female fetus can develop male-like reproductive organs. Women who are, or plan to become pregnant soon, should never consider the use of anabolic steroids. It would also be the best advice to stay away from these drugs completely for a number of months prior to attempting the conception of a child, so as to ensure the mother has a normal hormonal chemistry. Although anabolic/androgenic steroids can reduce sperm count and male fertility, they are not linked to birth defects what taken by someone fathering a child.

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Although anabolic/androgenic steroids can reduce sperm count and male fertility, they are not linked to birth defects what taken by someone fathering a child.
Thanks Bro - can you identify the source?

Thanks,
R

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
steroidtruth.com