swelling after shot

02quinngt

Awards
hi i am using a 5/8 inch needle and only doing a small cycle really.. (test and EQ) every 4 days. in 4th week, no problems yet at all..
yesterday i gave myself the shot in the upper leg and within 8 hours my leg swelled up down by my knee.... and very sore as well..
anyone have any feedback on this matter?.... any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

tattoopierced1

i would use at minimum a 1 inch needle depending on what your BF % is. Could be your not getting the oil in deep into the muscle and it is dispersing downward... I would try a longer needle to see if that clears it up.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Big bump on the pin length. 1" at least. Also try to massage it in when done and apply some heat.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump - never ever stick quads w/ less than 1". prolly got the oil in the fat layer.

hot water, massage, painkillers. it'll pass.

02quinngt

Awards
not as sore now but still all swelled up. i'll give a longer needle a shot. thanks for all your help people.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
yup, oil probably leaked into adipose, as 5/8's might not hold much oil deep in depot... maybe 1cc, but not much more. The volume and the depth of the depot have a lot to do with it.