Year round testosterone usage

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Year round testosterone usage


    If you use testosterone year round is there ever a chance of impotence due to testicular atrophy even though you are still taking the test?


  2. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

  3. that wasnt my question, technically using steroids is a bad idea too? i just want to know whether or not using test can make you be able to perform sexually even if your testicles are atrophied
    •   
       


  4. it can......stupid idea though buddy

  5. unless a dr. puts you on hrt..why dont you read up on hrt

  6. while your on exogeneous testosterone you are sterile, shooting blanks, unfertile, or however you want to say it.
    big pharmacy companies are testing testosterone and it's derivatives as a male contraceptive. it's supposedly more effective than the female pill...

  7. Thanks thats what i was looking for. i didnt know whether or not there was a point that exogenous test wouldnt work either( as far as being able to perform).

  8. Quote Originally Posted by chasec
    while your on exogeneous testosterone you are sterile, shooting blanks, unfertile, or however you want to say it.
    big pharmacy companies are testing testosterone and it's derivatives as a male contraceptive. it's supposedly more effective than the female pill...
    Yeah i read that study about using test as a contraceptive.... interesting

  9. i personally don't really think its that dumb of an idea if you are A) a national level competitor or B) older and don't want any more kids

    of course it would be best to drop down to 200mg/wk every 12-16 weeks for a month or so

    but yes prolonged use will lead to potentially reversible sterility

  10. i appreciate it i'm not worried about becoming sterile as long as i can perform. and i will be using it for birth control reasons. When i'm not on cycle so i'm only worried about using a small dosage to mimic my own natural production

  11. well its not the most reliable method of BC, at least initially, people have definitely become daddy's while on cycle

  12. Yeah i know i'll have to wait until my own levels of test shut down.

  13. Wow, whole big thread and nobody has answered your question. . .

    No, taking test for a prolonged time will not make you impotent. It will make you sterile but not impotent.

    STU

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Sturat
    Wow, whole big thread and nobody has answered your question. . .

    No, taking test for a prolonged time will not make you impotent. It will make you sterile but not impotent.

    STU
    Thanks Man that is exactly the answer i was looking for

  15. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i personally don't really think its that dumb of an idea if you are A) a national level competitor or B) older and don't want any more kids

    of course it would be best to drop down to 200mg/wk every 12-16 weeks for a month or so

    but yes prolonged use will lead to potentially reversible sterility
    My thoughts exactly!

    Then again I guess we're not part of the conservative crowd are we?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Sturat
    Wow, whole big thread and nobody has answered your question. . .

    No, taking test for a prolonged time will not make you impotent. It will make you sterile but not impotent.

    STU
    ^^^ Yup, he'll probably be a maniak

  17. Good question, however with the said replies, I notice erectile dysfunction after a cycle. Could be because E and DHT levels are low, but when you come off, yes you could have a problem, but as long as you are on, I don't see a problem with keeping wood, just make sure it is test you are using and not a progestin. But to say for sure that one could not exp ED during a cycle of just test isn't completely true.

  18. Year round is not recommended unless under the guidance of a Doc. Blood test are a must. As far as having kids you can still come off HRT and have kids but your chances of doing so are not in your favor. Just in case I would freeze some of the boys at the lab. But again if your not in competition why go through the trouble.

  19. You know what they call guys on a heavy test cycle who have sex with no condom?







    Daddy


    MANY guys have gotten their wives pregnent while on cycle. I am not sure where people are getting their info that you can not.



    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  20. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...786&query_hl=3

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...147&query_hl=3
    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    You know what they call guys on a heavy test cycle who have sex with no condom?







    Daddy


    MANY guys have gotten their wives pregnent while on cycle. I am not sure where people are getting their info that you can not.



    CROWLER

  21. lol so how do we explain bbs on AS getting their gfs and wives preg?


    IMO NOT a good birth controle
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  22. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    lol so how do we explain bbs on AS getting their gfs and wives preg?


    IMO NOT a good birth controle
    i showed proof; now it's your turn. give me a documented example of a suppressed (using exogeneous hormones for a period of time) man getting his mate pregnant. until that happens i'll stick with the pubmed stuff.
    even assuming that a person on test did impregnate their mate, it would most likely be due to the fact that the hormones that stimulate spermatogenesis haven't been suppressed yet, hence the little soldiers are still marching.

  23. Chasec, I am not here to convince anyone of anything. I am not one to need a study for every little thing to know what happens in the real world. If you don't want to take my word that I personally know guys who have been on heavey cycles and got their gf or wife pregnent so be it.

    I am just suggesting to the guys not to depend on AS to stop them from getting a woman pregnent. If guys want to go with no contraception hoping AS will do the trick that is of course up to them.



    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  24. i wasn't trying to push AAS useage as effective birthcontrol. i was just trying to make the point that it's being used in clinical trial right now.

    by all means, give the girl the pill!

  25. I love these threads... And we'll never reach a conclusion.

    The entire argument is a paradox: Test will be make you sterile! Test is not birth control! Let's make up our mind and not just repeat this stuff.

    Pubmed studies aside, I prefer to look at real-world experience, and here are a few:

    Fertile 71yr Old (BodybyBob):
    "i have been on for a 20 yr. cycle,never come off ,never went to a doc, 10 yrs ago my 25 yr.old girlfriend and me had a beautiful baby girl, who of course is now 10 yrs.old ,mainly use test and EQ,before that i was off for about 7 yrs, and before that i was on since i started useing in the early 60s or late 60s (i cant remeber exactly)so except for about 7 years i have been on most of my life,so it did not seem to effect my sperm and of course my 71 birthday is comeing up in two months,i might die tomorrow but it is not from steroids ,and i will stay on for the rest of my life,cause i am a hardcore BODYBUILDING MF.

    Iron Addict:
    In my younger days I went YEARS on, only used HGC a few times since my balls never strank, and I got two girls pregnant when I KNEW it would be impossible to do so since I had been on for so long. Test is NOT birth control--lol. Sometimes clomid for PCT usually nothing. I come off very easily and it is simply not a big deal coming off to me. I know other guys are different.

    I know LOTS of people, myself included that only have about a 4 week setback coming off and then make solid, although much slower gains post cycle. They do all the right things though. IMO shut-down is shut down and it takes just as long for MOST people to recover from 6 weeks as 16, as 6 months.

    IA
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  26. So what can you do to best guarantee fertility?
    Cycle, use HCG (to prevent shutdown) and extended 8 week post cycles. Clomid and Nolvadex WILL boast sperm count. Many HRT doctors suggest their patients hit the clomid before androgel or injectables.

    time on doesn't neccessarily need to equal time off. This is based on the generic, single ancillary, 4 week post cycle.
    Enter IGF, clomid+nolva, ATD?, Fenugreek, Tribulus, DHEA?, Zinc, and on/post cycle HCG (swale) - the recovery time increases significantly...

    just my 2 cents.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  27. bro dont do it i got my girl pregnant while on gear thinking the same thing, thank god for miscarriages but ive learned my lesson.

  28. Here's a scenario for you: Healthy male in his 50's. Cancer survivor. But the intense chemo left him with a reduced sex drive, minor ED and some testicular atrophy. Blood work puts his test at ~ 600, so HRT was not prescribed. Can a man like this do his own HRT by augmenting his own test production year round?. Since technically he's not shutdown, would he eventually be? Will the test increase his sex drive and aid his performance? Right now he's considering starting 4-AD at a very low dosage; about 100mg daily. What would you fellas recommend?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Indigo6
    Here's a scenario for you: Healthy male in his 50's. Cancer survivor. But the intense chemo left him with a reduced sex drive, minor ED and some testicular atrophy. Blood work puts his test at ~ 600, so HRT was not prescribed. Can a man like this do his own HRT by augmenting his own test production year round?. Since technically he's not shutdown, would he eventually be? Will the test increase his sex drive and aid his performance? Right now he's considering starting 4-AD at a very low dosage; about 100mg daily. What would you fellas recommend?
    Bud, if you've had cancer, do NOT mess around with AAS/PH's. Others here might tell you that AAS might not exacerbate previous cancerous problems, but they are wrong. Sides get worse with age using anabolics...even at HRT doses. Don't put yourself at risk for BPH, cholesterol, etc. especially when you're a cancer survivor. And yes, you will still eventually get supressed.

    As for help in ED dept. go see your doc for some cialis, viagra, etc...tell him about your libido problems, that's what they are there for....good luck.

  30. i agree with lifted 100%.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Indigo6
    Here's a scenario for you: Healthy male in his 50's. Cancer survivor. But the intense chemo left him with a reduced sex drive, minor ED and some testicular atrophy. Blood work puts his test at ~ 600, so HRT was not prescribed. Can a man like this do his own HRT by augmenting his own test production year round?. Since technically he's not shutdown, would he eventually be? Will the test increase his sex drive and aid his performance? Right now he's considering starting 4-AD at a very low dosage; about 100mg daily. What would you fellas recommend?
    I would say yes, give it a try. Just keep your dosages on an HRT level and get frequent check ups. I am not nearly as conservative as alot of guys around here but you can certainly do this responsibly. If you have any health concerns I would hop off and address them ASAP. Other wise I see no reason to be overly cautious, just be careful.

    Yes the test should certainly increase your sex drive and could possibly aid in performance although I don't believe I have ever seen proof of that. For obvious reasons I would use test over 4-ad but both would do the trick.

  32. No, year round test won't make you sterile, and you don't have to freeze some sperm just to be safe. Your nuts actually work better after a complete shutdown cause it regrows the layer of leydig(sp) cells that produce testosterone. We all had tiny testicles as children before LH kicked in to make them bigger and it didn't make us permanently sterile. What can mess you up though is supraphysiological levels of HCG, so by that rational, year round use in a HRT manner is much safer than the way many people cycle.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    Bud, if you've had cancer, do NOT mess around with AAS/PH's. Others here might tell you that AAS might not exacerbate previous cancerous problems, but they are wrong. Sides get worse with age using anabolics...even at HRT doses. Don't put yourself at risk for BPH, cholesterol, etc. especially when you're a cancer survivor. And yes, you will still eventually get supressed.

    As for help in ED dept. go see your doc for some cialis, viagra, etc...tell him about your libido problems, that's what they are there for....good luck.
    First of all, this is about a friends husband, not me. She said they talked to their oncologist about this. He was the one that ordered the testosterone blood test. Had there been a contraindication for HRT, he would have told them at that time. And Viagra only helps you to perform, it does nothing for your libido. "The shoes may make you run faster, but you've got to come to the race wanting to run".

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Tiftan090
    No, year round test won't make you sterile, and you don't have to freeze some sperm just to be safe. Your nuts actually work better after a complete shutdown cause it regrows the layer of leydig(sp) cells that produce testosterone. We all had tiny testicles as children before LH kicked in to make them bigger and it didn't make us permanently sterile. What can mess you up though is supraphysiological levels of HCG, so by that rational, year round use in a HRT manner is much safer than the way many people cycle.
    bump for thoughts on this post...

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Tiftan090
    No, year round test won't make you sterile, and you don't have to freeze some sperm just to be safe. Your nuts actually work better after a complete shutdown cause it regrows the layer of leydig(sp) cells that produce testosterone. We all had tiny testicles as children before LH kicked in to make them bigger and it didn't make us permanently sterile. What can mess you up though is supraphysiological levels of HCG, so by that rational, year round use in a HRT manner is much safer than the way many people cycle.
    bumped a 2nd time... nuts work better?
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  36. Why not try a test/libido booster like ATD? That will surely get his nuts to swell anyhow.

  37. ATD absolutely kills libidio in most
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Tiftan090
    No, year round test won't make you sterile, and you don't have to freeze some sperm just to be safe. Your nuts actually work better after a complete shutdown cause it regrows the layer of leydig(sp) cells that produce testosterone. We all had tiny testicles as children before LH kicked in to make them bigger and it didn't make us permanently sterile. What can mess you up though is supraphysiological levels of HCG, so by that rational, year round use in a HRT manner is much safer than the way many people cycle.
    bumped again...
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  39. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    ATD absolutely kills libidio in most
    Mine was severly devasted.

  40. guys guys guys guys guys... guys guys!

    Don't you know that people like me shouldn't see these threads?

    Bump deo's bump of Tiftan's post.

    regrowth of leydig? Really?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Year Round Bulking Cycles
    By Pioneer in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
  2. Post Your Year Round Vitamins/Herbs
    By CyberMuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 05:44 PM
  3. The Complete Guide to Testosterone Usage
    By Blown_SC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 07:54 PM
  4. How to cycle all year round
    By MF210 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 08:23 AM
  5. nolvadex year round
    By captainbicept in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:05 AM
Log in
Log in