Question about my Cholesterol

predator124

Awards
I recently had some blood work done and found out my LDL is around 220 (not great but not bad) what really concerns me is my HDL was only 14 (should be around 30 or higher) I was on a cycle of D-bol and test for a couple of months. I was doing 50mg of D a day and about 250mg of test a week,

Question is do you all know if my HDL will eventually rise? it's been 4wks since I've stopped my supps. My Dr has absolutely no idea on what to do about the HDL, there are all kinds of things to lower my LDL if needed to include medications but he says there is nothing to raise my HDL...

I always knew about orals and LDL but never really looked at the HDL side of it.... any help in elavating my HDL would be greatly appreciated...
Peace..

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I recall from my marathoning days that healthy fats like flax oil and almonds paired with cardio is a great combo for raising healthy cholesterol.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
my LDL is around 220 (not great but not bad) what really concerns me is my HDL was only 14 (should be around 30 or higher)
I don't know who is givng you your info but an LDL of 220 is horrendous. Compounded by a low HDL it is downright frightening. Hopefully it was just some mild liver dysfunction while "on". Avoid saturated fat for awhile, add lots of extra virgin olive oil. Use it as your primary fat. It has a high percentage of oleic acid(a fatty acid) which is more beneficial to lipid profile than most others (linolenic, linoleic).
And like stated above, cardio.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cardio,Policosanol with fish oil, niacin, garlic and maybe some coQ 10. Get that ratio up to par..like quick. I'm not convinced the Dbol is entirely to blame so do some follow-up blood work a few more times. Generally methyls lower both HDL and LDL.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
how much extra virgin olive oil?
Figure according to % of in your diet. I typically go ~25%of my total kcals from Fat. I am a pretty standard eater and usually eat low fat foods but add the fat myself. I usually try to consume ~70 grams of fat per day (25% of my kcal intake) Typically half comes from my foods, I usually add ~7tbls of evoo to various foods like brown rice, couscous.... I will sometimes add it to my nightime shake especially when take RXT.

So as you can see ~50% of my total fat comes from evoo. My last lipid profile was stellar, but that was pre-supplement;) .

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I recently had some blood work done and found out my LDL is around 220 (not great but not bad) what really concerns me is my HDL was only 14 (should be around 30 or higher) I was on a cycle of D-bol and test for a couple of months. I was doing 50mg of D a day and about 250mg of test a week
What was your post cycle....

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Of all the typically recommended supplements: garlic, fish oil, etc. I believe only policosinal (sp?) has been shown to have an effect of increasing HDL.

I certainly might be off on that, but having looked into it all for myself, most other things work to lower your total and/or LDL.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
all those will increase HDL - if your HDL is low (post cycle)... but they probably won't take a HDL@50 to 70 :)

Best PCT Lipid Restorer: Clomid

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would also recommend Red Yeast Rice with Co Q-10 on top of the other suggestions

worcesterguy

Awards
raise HDL

as already mentioned..healthy fats..

most supps don't do much to help raise HDL..

cardio is big

also...depending on your liver health and overall health...alcohol will raise your HDL...

cardio and alcohol

and by alcohol..that is two drinks for a male, one for a female. I'd try having two glasses of red wine daily. Good anti-oxidant properties.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I bought an "odorless" garlic supp at Walmart. LOL it gave me gas so bad and so rotten I had to leave my own office. Is there any one brand youy all would reccomend that doesnt do this? I mean I truly did have to leave my office lol

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
There is a garlic product made by Enzymatic Theraphy. I believe it's called Garlinase. It's pretty much odorless and it was effective for me.