You have raised your test, now what???

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you gain strength, mass during a cycle due to high test levels, wouldn't you need to keep your test levels high in order to keep those gains?

I guess a better question would be does your test need to be elevated in order to keep muscle mass?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How did you raise your test levels?
You mean using test?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear people say the Pro bodybuilders dont come off of steroids for a long time, in effect does this mean that with having a lower test level they would lose the muscles the had already obtained through a higher test level. I just wanted to know for knowledge.

I tried to do a search, it is too complex of a question and didn't find an answer.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If, for some reason they have reduced test after the cycle. But that's not a guarantee.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Everybody has a natural threshold of what your body can maintane naturally. Some guys it's 200lbs LBM, some it's 26o-lbm, etc..it depends on a variety of factors via genetics. This is assuming you have your nutrition/training down. To answer your question, if when you come off you're at a level of LBM that you're body can't hold on to natty, then yes, you will eventually lose the muscle unless you hop right back on anotehr cycle. If you come off and you're still within your body's own natural genetic limit, then you will be able to keep most gains long-term as long as your diet/training are on point.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
As for the pros, if they come off, yes they will shrink down to a much smaller size. Have you ever seen Ronnie Coleman in the off-season? I'm not talking about off-season bulking, I mean a couple months directly after the show...he gets off, and shrinks down to around 220-230...I'll try to find a pic.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
It's easy to see in off season photos of Schwartzanegger in his prime too. He was much smaller a few months after a contest. Looked like a regular, in shape guy.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks lifted that is the answer I wanted to hear.

Oh yeah with Arnold he shrunk down, watch pumping iron and the show a month or so after the olympia and they were posing, it looked like he completely deflated.