Legs too tight to do cardio while on cycle

Thracian

Awards
I'm on the 5th week of my 1st cycle-500mg/wk test e. Everything's going fine except when I do cardio, usually running, my legs tighten up so bad and burn that I have to stop after less than 10 minutes or so. Before I've always been able to run about a 1/2 hour or so 3-4 x week with no trouble. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
how intense is this running?

try a brisk walk at 60-65% your max heart rate .. the best for fat burning and your legs should be ok

i'm also not sure why test would cause this

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My first cycle I found it much harder aswell.. Legs would get very tight. But my first cycle, my diet was far from perfect.. This time around, I haven't had to supplement taurine or potassium, and I have had any cramping issues or tightness issues. Granted it's a bit harder, but not that much harder.

I'd check your diet's salt intake, and shave it down wherever possible... make sure your getting addequate potassium, and more importantly drink alot of water... I drink 3 gallons a day minimum.

And bump on glen.. my first cycle, liked to push my cardio hard and fast 150-160+ Heart rate for 20minutes. This time, and from now on, I perfer to work 30-45 minutes of 130-140 beats per minute, i find at this rate, I manage to avoid any feelings of lactic acid build up or burn... but if I try to push it, I can see that it may build up quite quickly, making it a real bitch.

Thracian

Awards
Thanks guys. I really only run at a fairly slow jogging pace.

I think you nailed it with the potassium/sodium thing though. I've cut back on carbs some and I've always been bad about salt. I'll correct this and see what happens.

Thanks again

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its much more difficult to run on cycle. I never found a solution other than toughing it out.

Thracian

Awards
Thanks, yeah, I guess I'll have to.

Any idea why this is so? The mechanism behind it? Just curious.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I've always been like a machine on cycle especially with cardio. If I were you I would go for more of a fast walk on an incline and eat more bananas.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend not running if you think you'll injure yourself. I get such serious pumps/tight hams I've learned how to utilize the elliptical for intense cardio purposes.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Ok now you guys can you imagine being on cycle AND swimming, biking and running full speed in a triathlon talk about a freaking pump lol

CROWLER

RunDMT

Awards
I am on my first test cycle also and was having this problem with my legs and lower back. Taurine, potassium, and a lot of water, plus extra stretching have helped out alot. Also warming up with some light weight, slow reverse hypers has proved very useful.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I recommend you not to stop doing cardio but just walk for 20 to 30mins, for 3 to 5 days a week but keep doing your cardio or you will gain more fat.

Thracian

Awards
Thanks everyone. I'll switch to walking/elliptical or something of that nature. I think the potassium thing is at least part of it, too. I woke up last night with a horrible calf cramp, which I think is further evidence of low potassium. I haven't had a leg cramp in years. Should I supplement along with pot. rich foods? how much supplements? I know it can be overdone. Thanks.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I take in a good amount of potassium between RR Grapefruit Juice and Low Sodium V8 juice, but it never stopped the incredible pump/leg cramps I got while running. In the same way being "on" gives great pumps at the gym, its doing the same thing to your legs when you run, unfortunately its not beneficial at that time.

I dont think its bad to just run through the discomfort, I mean it sucks and you cant run as far without getting winded but its not enough for me to stop running.

ABiLiTY

ABiLiTY

Awards
  • Established
On my first cycle i could barley run at all. The front of my calfs would tighten up so much it would feel the same as my shin bone. I usually have lower back tightness as well which is ruff. When on m1t sometimes i have to take breaks while walking up hill because my front calfs swell up. ANdi usually take like 5000mg of taurine perday.

Thracian

Awards
Same here, it's really bad. What about anti-e's to help with water retention? if so, how much?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
potassium, calcium, magnesium and taurine. electrolytes and minerals are key here. on a fina/test/m1t frontload I had ridiculous cramps just doing a warmup on the treadmill...and Im one who normally does sprints and a solid amount of cardio. stretching helps but with gear your electrolyte balances seem to get out of wack easy.