Sickle Cell and Steroids.. DO they mix???

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

Sickle Cell and Steroids.. DO they mix???

Hello all, i am a newbie to this site and wanted to know, as the title explains, is it possible to run a cycle if you have sickel cell. As you may know it is a blood deficiency of red blood cells. I don't know if tihs will effect my gains or my body for that matter. I just wanted to run a simple cycle of 500mg of cyp/enth a week for 10 weeks. I was also thinking of running long igf-1 since it creates new cells for weeks 1-4 and 10-13. Let me know what you think, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

NO! don't use gear. most any kind of steroids increase RBC count which could lead to a clogging of an artery. sorry
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.61%

^^
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by chasec
    NO! don't use gear. most any kind of steroids increase RBC count which could lead to a clogging of an artery. sorry
    I'm not so sure about that, I'd wait for someone like the good doctor or bobo to chime in....
    Quote Originally Posted by UIC.edu
    Several studies assessing the efficacy of AAS in the treatment of acquired and constitutional aplastic anemia have been done. Some studies resulted in a sustained hematological response and others, in a few cases, induced complete remission. In studies the effect on short term survival among patients randomized to receive antilymphocyte globulin and methylprednisolone, with or without oxymetholone, revealed no difference with the addition of an AAS. There are, however, limited case reports where patients with acquired aplastic anemia were placed on continuous androgen treatment to maintain adequate blood counts. Therefore, the use of AAS for the treatment of acquired aplastic anemia is still under discussion. Oxymetholone has been shown to have an erythropoietic and myelopoietic effect. There have been studies in which oxymetholone was successfully used in a variety of hematologic disorders including sickle cell anemia, hairy cell leukemia, benzene-induced bone marrow damage, aplastic anemia complicating systemic lupus erythematosus, cyclic neutropenia, refractory anemia type 1 FAB (French-American-British classification), and bone marrow failure associated with clonal disorders.
    Link HERE

I'm sure if a person expressing sickle cell anemia can take Anadrol (oxymetholone), tesosterone would be okay.

But, until someone with real knowledge jumps in, I'm going to assume nothing.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PubMed
    Oxymetholone treatment for sickle cell anemia.

Alexanian R, Nadell J.

Seven patients with sickle cell anemia were treated with oxymetholone for at least 2 mo. Markedly increased basal rates of hemolysis and erythropoiesis were confirmed. The urinary erythropoietin excretion was either normal or lower than expected for the red cell mass, and an expanded blood volume was due primarily to an increased plasma volume. After androgen therapy, six patients demonstrated more than a fivefold increase in urinary erythropoietin, with an increase in red cell mass ranging from 17%-75% above the control value. All showed a decline in serum iron level to the 25-75 mug/100 ml range within 4 wk after the start of therapy. Less marked changes followed lower oxymetholone doses. Reversible hepatic toxicity, with a serum bilirubin concentration exceeding 50 mg/100 ml, occurred in one patient. Androgenic hormone therapy may be useful for selected adult patients with sickle cell disease when severe anemia contributes to disease morbidity.

PMID: 1125426 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Link HERE

Not totally sure of the implications here. Neither dose nor adverse side effects and risks were mentioned here. (Aside from one patient)
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.7%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Link HERE

Not totally sure of the implications here. Neither dose nor adverse side effects and risks were mentioned here. (Aside from one patient)
    So your saying (this quaote is saying) that taking aas is beneficial, not harmful?
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.77%

ALR states that "AAS stimulates the kidneys synthesis of erythropoietin (EPO) which in turn stimulates red blood cell production. Anadrol-50 was actually medically perscribed for this purpose"

so it does have its positive points. but this does NOT mean that it would be healthy for you to embark on a cycle.
  8. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

this honestly isn't the kind of question to ask on a board where you have no idea how much knowledge the people answering your question have. i erred on the side of caution with my answer, because if you follow my advice and i'm wrong, guess what? your still alive and didn't **** yourself up in some terrible way. anyways, just my .02

Similar Forum Threads

1. SSRI's and Prohormone do they mix?
    By Barcelona99 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
  3. Letro and Superdrol - Do they mix?
    By gazdecki in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
  4. PGH and alcohol DO NOT MIX
    By jomi822 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 10:21 PM
  5. sunless tanners and ph's, do they mix?
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 10:09 AM