some quick q's before i start my first cycyle

Squats

Awards
I got test E @ 500mg/week for 12 weeks.... I think i'm gonna run either sd or m1t to kick start it for 4 weeks.... i've researched for a long time now, and i've been on Spot inj. com to see and learn better..... I'm 25 yrs. been training seriously for 4 yrs now.... i'm 5ft. 10in. weighin 205 w/ about 16% bf.

I got just a few q's before i go for it.

1) The more i keep thinkin of a 1 to 1.5 in needle penetrating my muscle i get scared more and more.... How bad is it gonna hurt? How hard is to do and get the hang of?

2) what would happen if i broke the pin in my quad or somethin? i couldn't go the ER because that'd be like turnin myself in for AAS use....

3) is pushin through into the muscle painful and how hard is it to do?

Thanx guys for all the help... maybe im bein a pussy i dunno, but better to be safe than sorry.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
1) The more i keep thinkin of a 1 to 1.5 in needle penetrating my muscle i get scared more and more.... How bad is it gonna hurt? How hard is to do and get the hang of?
23 and 25 guage needles don't hurt much. 25 guage obviously is more painless, but it's not bad at all bro. YOu'll probably start to like it, like the rest of us. :smite: In regards to the length, I'm sure you know to uses 1.5" on your glutes and 1" on your quads. If you're only doing Test E, then you really only need to pin your glutes twice a week, but you could experiment with your quads.. which brings me to your next question...

2) what would happen if i broke the pin in my quad or somethin? i couldn't go the ER because that'd be like turnin myself in for AAS use....
You won't break the pin off, unless you have extremely violent tremors or something to that effect. Stick the needle ALMOST all the way in, leaving a little at the base, in case something like that was to happen. (very rare) I don't know anyone that it's happened to.

No, it's not painful unless you hit a nerve or nick a blood vessel.. the nerves hurt, but you can deal with it.
Thanx guys for all the help... maybe im bein a pussy i dunno, but better to be safe than sorry.

Squats

Awards
No, it's not painful unless you hit a nerve or nick a blood vessel.. the nerves hurt, but you can deal with it.
so going slowly, it is pretty obvious when u hit the muscle then?

Hey man i appreciate all the help.... i am goin to be injectin my self so no one will be supervising or helpin or even in the same room as me.... I'm not stating this cycle til xmas is over cuz i wanna take these next few months to cut up a bit.... I'll keep ya posted on my first time cuz i might keep a log on here...

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As was posted above it is very easy to do it. I was nervous my first time and being stupid as I am I even stuck a needle in without any gear just to try it out. To my suprise it was very EASY and PAINLESS. Just push very slowly, you can feel it break the skin (not a painful kind of feeling, I just know when it is through) and after that it is very smooth through the muscle. It does not hurt at all, pinching yourself will hurt more.

As for breaking a needle in yourself, well ive worried about the same thing, but as said above, you would need to shake very hard. I actually use a 1" needle for all areas including glutes.

If you hit a nerve, unless you are pressing very fast it wont hurt much, but your muscle may twitch, I have had my glutes twitch from hitting a nerve, I just pull up slight and change the angle VERY slightly and it is breeze. You will love to inject yourself after a while, you will associate injections with kick ass gains!

Squats

Awards
As was posted above it is very easy to do it. I was nervous my first time and being stupid as I am I even stuck a needle in without any gear just to try it out. To my suprise it was very EASY and PAINLESS. Just push very slowly, you can feel it break the skin (not a painful kind of feeling, I just know when it is through) and after that it is very smooth through the muscle. It does not hurt at all, pinching yourself will hurt more.

As for breaking a needle in yourself, well ive worried about the same thing, but as said above, you would need to shake very hard. I actually use a 1" needle for all areas including glutes.

If you hit a nerve, unless you are pressing very fast it wont hurt much, but your muscle may twitch, I have had my glutes twitch from hitting a nerve, I just pull up slight and change the angle VERY slightly and it is breeze. You will love to inject yourself after a while, you will associate injections with kick ass gains!
haha thanx bro for the confidence.... I think i am going exactly what you were going through your first time... i just hope to god its easy because i'm not gonna lie, im scared guys..... anyway, enough sounding like a bitch.... thanx guys

PS> more encouragement is always welcome so share your opinions. thanx

blown_stang

Awards
Not bad. Even if you hit a nerve or something like that, it's not nearly as bad as, say, your buddy smacking you hard on the shoulder (I just picked something that you know you can stand). Won't make you tear up or anything. You'll be nervous your first time. Give yourself plenty of time. If you get shakey, just back off and relax, then try again later. Once you do it a couple of times you'll find out how easy and painless it can be. Even on the worst day the shot doesn't hurt that much.
2) what would happen if i broke the pin in my quad or somethin?
Just try to break a BD needle on purpose. You'll stop worrying about it.
Nope, not painfull. It goes right through. Now, if the needle is dull, that's another story. New needles (don't cheap out - I like BD brand) should be sharp. If you accidentally hit the needle tip on something that may dull it, change needles both for sharpness and sterility.

Also, don't worry about the needle being too long. I'm *skinny* by bb'er standards, and i use 1" on delts and biceps, 1.5" on glutes, and I go ALL the way in. Never had a problem.

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
@squats it's really nothing bro personally I can't barely feel that I'm injecting, pushing through the muscle isn't painful. But like it was said, if the needle is dulled it might hurt a bit when it will penetrate. BD needles are supposed to be the best but you can use others it's the same deal. I remember the first time I poke I kinda fucked it up because I was really shaking and even if the penetration didn't hurt at all (i couldn't believe how painless it was) the next day I had a bruise on my ass and it hurted when I walked lol, it's just a matter of skills you'll get better and better at it ;) Remember, try not to shake too much the first time or you'll make the needle move in the muscle and it will hurt the day after. The more precise you'll be, the less it will hurts. Also always remember to strictly follow the hygiene protocol. DO NOT touch the needle to anything, wash your hands before even doing anything, clean the injection site with alcohol and you won't have any problems

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HeavierPlease Anabolics 31
andrewT Supplements 1
MrBrightside Supplements 1
MrBrightside Supplements 6
z06 IGF-1/GH 5