about hcg , all read !

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

<P class=MsoNormal>Pregnyl – freeze dried substance +solvent for intramuscular use .
<P class=MsoNormal>Characteristics :
<P class=MsoNormal>Pharmacodynamic properties : pregnyl contains hcg . hcg is used to achieve adequate levels of lh activity for gonadal steroidogenesis and gamete development , and/or to mimic the mid cycle LH surge which preceeds ovulation .
<P class=MsoNormal>In the male pregnyl is given to promote the production of testerosterone .
<P class=MsoNormal>In the female pregnyl is given as a substitute for the endogenoud LH surge to induce the final phase of maturation , leading to ovulation .
<P class=MsoNormal>Pharmacokinetic properties : maximal hcg plasma levels will be reached approximately 6 hrs after a single injection of hcg . hcg is approximately 80 % metabolized , primarily in the kidneys . following intramuscular injection , the apparent elimination half life of hcg is about 2 days . on basis of the recommended dose regimens and elimination half life cumulation does not occur .
<P class=MsoNormal>Indications : in the male( I am going to skip the female part ) : hypogonadropic hypogonadism (also cases of idiopathic dysspermiasis have shown a positive response to gonadopropins ) .
<P class=MsoNormal>Delayed puberty associated with insufficient gonadotropic pituitary function .
<P class=MsoNormal>Cryptochidism , not due to anatomical obstructions .
<P class=MsoNormal>Administration : after addition of the solvent to the freeze dried substance , the reconstituted pregnyl solution administered intramuscularly .
<P class=MsoNormal>Dosage :
<P class=MsoNormal>In the male :
<P class=MsoNormal>Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism ; 1000-2000iu pregyl , 2-3 times per week . if the main complaint is sterility , the same dosage is given in combination with an hFSH prepration (containing 75 iu FSH ) daily or 2-3 times a week for atleast 3 months . once achievd , the improvement in spermatogenesis<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>may in some cases be maintained by hcg alone .
<P class=MsoNormal>Delayed puberty <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>: 1500 iu 2-3 times a week for atleast 6 months .
<P class=MsoNormal>Contraindications: known or suspected androgen dependent tumors , such as prostatic carcinoma or breast carcinoma in the male .
<P class=MsoNormal>Warnings and precautions : in the male : treatment with hcg leads to increased androgen production , therefore :
<P class=MsoNormal>Hcg shud be avoided in prepubertal boys to avoid premature epiphyseal closure or precocious sexual development .
<P class=MsoNormal>Patients with latent or overt cardiac failure , renal dysfunction , hypertension , epilepsy or migraine shud be kept under close medical supervision , since aggravation or recurrence may occassionaly be induced as a result of increased androgen production .
<P class=MsoNormal>Adverse reactions :allergic reactions have occasionally been reported with use of urinary gonadotropic preprations . these mostly involve local reactions such as pain and rash at the injection site ., and generalized reactions such as rash and fever . water and sodium retention is occasionally seen in males after administration of high dosages ., this is regarded as <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>a result of high excessive androgen production . hcg may rarely cause gyno .
<P class=MsoNormal>Interactions : no interactions of clinical relevance are known .
<P class=MsoNormal>Effects on ability to drive and use machines : as<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>far as known this medicine has no influence on alertness and concentration .
<P class=MsoNormal>Overdosage : the toxicity of urinary gonadotropin preprations has been shown to be very low .<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>no symptoms of an acute parenteral overdosage known in humans .
<P class=MsoNormal> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Matt T

Awards

<<P class=MsoNormal>Warnings and precautions : in the male : treatment with hcg leads to increased androgen production , therefore :
<P class=MsoNormal>Hcg shud be avoided in prepubertal boys to avoid premature epiphyseal closure or precocious sexual development .

how does it stimulate androgen (test) production, isn't hcg growth hormone?

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: about hcg , all read !

Originally posted by Matt T

how does it stimulate androgen (test) production, isn't hcg growth hormone?
hgh is human growth hormone , hcg is human chorionic gonadotropin .

Matt T

Awards
so since it stimulates LH, would it be more effective than nolvadex for post cycle therapy?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually, if you can afford it, HCG and nolvadex post-cycle would be good.. HCG doesn't block estrogens, as Tamoxifen will.. Clomid wouldn't hurt either..

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Matt T
so since it stimulates LH, would it be more effective than nolvadex for post cycle therapy?
i wud say since it doesnt deal with estrogen , use of clomid or tamoxifen is adviced along with hcg .

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigpetefox
Actually, if you can afford it, HCG and nolvadex post-cycle would be good.. HCG doesn't block estrogens, as Tamoxifen will.. Clomid wouldn't hurt either..
tamoxifen and clomiphene both do the same job . although they might work in diff ways . use of tamoxifen or clomid is a matter of personal choice ,. use either one , u will be fine .

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, Ray.. What's your opinion on the effectiveness of tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex), compared to clomiphene citrate (Clomid) ? I heard that nolva is a better anti-e, yet clomid is just as strong as far as LH/FSH recuperation...

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i prefer clomid over nolva , actually 100 mg clomid is like 20 mg nolva though . i use clomid cos it doesnt give me acne and helps me blow bigger loads :D . but for some , they get bad acne problems . so see how it goes and decide i'd say .

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, brother! I heard alot fo things about the extra "pop factor" that clomid gives.. Then again, it was originally a fertility medication... :D