seeing my doctor

1. Registered User
    Answers

seeing my doctor

Well I am going to the doctor tomarrow and I just wanted to know what tests I should get done. I am going to get my cholestrol done. I would just like to what tests to ask for without arising too much suspicion. thanks

2. Gold Member
    Answers

tell him you've been pretty lethargic lately and you would like a complete blood work up done including all liver and cholestrol values along with testosterone results including free test
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

its your body, he works for you, so if you want the tests done, it is your right to get them done even if you just tell them its for your knowing of what they are. But glen is right, just tell them you've been feeling sluggish and that is what prompted the visit.
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Seem to recall that standard physicals include the following:

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (Kidneys, Liver[AST/ALT], BUN, Creatinine, etc), CBC and Lipid Profile.

And of course you could read the stickie Safe Cycling: Your Health Is In Your Hands
  5. pcn
    Board Supporter
    Answers

Depending on your insurance company, the standard physical as mentioned above might include cholesterol test as well. I've got BCBS and I can get everything B5150 mentioned plus the cholesterol once a year as part of a complete physical. I used the "lethargic, no interest in sex" symptom recently to get a test level done, but made the error of assuming that free testosterone was always part of it. It wasn't, and when total test came back within range, the doctor had an "you're just all fine" attititude. Read that sticky and make a list of what you want tested to show the doctor. At a minimum it will show you are interested enough about your health to have researched what tests are available. One final idea, save your results in your workout log or somewhere you can find them later, to compare from test to test. If something should ever change you will have a history that you can refer to and look for any trends.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

checkout Swale's Reciepe for success, that pretty much covers it all.
  7. KD1
    Answers

I went to my doctor and complained of lethargy and low libido and he didnt give me blood tests. He told me I was probably depressed.

I actually dont have lethargy and low libido I just wanted the blood tests.

So I pushed the issue and said that I have a new g/f and was worried the low libido would ruin our relationship before it had a chance. But he didnt bite, told me I would be fine and not to worry.
  8. pcn
    Board Supporter
    Answers

That's horrible. I'd get a new doctor. We recently went through a similar situation with my wife's surgery, where the doctor forgot who he was working for. I told him he was fired and we would find a new doctor. It's your health and they aren't doing you a favor, they are working for you.
  9. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

If you guys look at the stickie again you will see you can call your own shots with these tests. Additionally, they can be as low as the cost of some co-pays that a Dr. is going to charge you for your visit. I have insurance, and still consider that I will use them again in the future. Though I just got some bloodwork done through my Dr. the frequency at which I like to get this work done will not be in line with a Dr.'s health care practices. IOW...you were in three months ago, your lipids were fine, why do you want another test...etc. The cost of this is well worth it in the long run...IMO
  10. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pcn
    I told him he was fired and we would find a new doctor. It's your health and they aren't doing you a favor, they are working for you.
    and that too
  11. Gold Member
    Answers

im starting to really hate most doctors. most ive met have not been very knowledgeable, nice and concerned about my problem or care what ive come to there office for.
  12. KD1
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    im starting to really hate most doctors. most ive met have not been very knowledgeable, nice and concerned about my problem or care what ive come to there office for.
    Thats because our brightest and best students no longer pursue medical degrees. Also there has been a massive influx of foreign doctors with questionable degrees awarded overseas.
  13. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KD1
    Thats because our brightest and best students no longer pursue medical degrees. Also there has been a massive influx of foreign doctors with questionable degrees awarded overseas.
    thats good thinking and i can really see how true this is.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Exclamation The influx of Foreign Dr.'s who Know Not America, and our rights as consumers !!!

WHO the F*** is your Dr. telling you are Depressed??? did he run some test, ask depression related batteries, anything ?? You need to get a better Dr. I had this one doc who told me i was 40lbs overweight based on the BMI scale, I almost smacked the Curry out of her !!! Need less to say i did not go to her again. I had to do a lot of research, but i found a doctor that works at a chiropractic clinic, and believes in trt, hrt, and specializes in sports medicine. So do your research , and i bet you'll find the one that fits.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 02:40 PM
  2. I thought my doctor was legit...until now
    By Lakevillethor in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 12:07 PM
  3. seeing my girl, first time in months
    By bulls**t in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 06:42 AM