something that boosts red blood cell count

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
we need a supplement company to make a legel supp that boosts rbc like EQ does... i would like it due to running and everyone else would love the crazy vains it would produce.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that at a certain point having too many red blood cells increases the vicosity of your blood... allowing formation of clots

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
try cm at 5 gs a day

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no i have not. can you give me some more info on this?

cretinx

Awards
wanna know what's gonna increase your VO2 max legally?

running more.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
we need a supplement company to make a legel supp that boosts rbc like EQ does...
1,4ad is legal and does this. Supposedly it converts to 11% EQ once ingested.

Atlas

Awards
You could also try Orotic Acid, or MAN's Orotine. That and the Citrulline Malate would be a kick butt endurance stack!

stindevil

Awards
it is NOT legal anymore
I do not believe that 1,4 andro is illegal. People just stopped selling it after the ban.

It could be easily made illegal under the law, but has not been to my knowledge. Am I mistaken?

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anyways...yes 14andro does this, but thats expensive and more of a waste of time. plus not good for a tested ncaa runner. theres gotta be tons of things that would work. companys make muscle building "supplements" even after its been said it could no longer be done. so there just now has to be a demand. Citrulline is great for endruence...but does not boost red blood cell count. what other options are out there?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
OK. You mentioned EQ, so I figured drug testing wasn't an issue. I think citrulline malate is what people are taking for endurance, but it's not due to a change in RBC.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like Mathew_D said, too many RBC's is bad.

Cyclists used to die in their sleep when their heart rates and blood pressure would lower enough because their blood was too thick to circulate.

Besides, if you were able to market a 'supplement' that could accomplish the above mentioned goal, it would no longer be a supplement. It would be a 'drug'; and shortly after it's debut, it would be treated as such.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well looks like i'm the ass lol .. had no idea 1,4 ad made it through

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Besides, if you were able to market a 'supplement' that could accomplish the above mentioned goal, it would no longer be a supplement. It would be a 'drug'; and shortly after it's debut, it would be treated as such.
As do all the muscle builders we use now, right?
Aranesp...this stuff is slightly chemically different then epogen it looks like. any more info on this?

DobermanXXL

Awards
The only ways I've heard of (besides hardcore sprints,etc) is EPO injections...

The synthetic form...or taking your own, and injecting it later.

I believe they accused Lance Armstrong of this...but his hematocrit (plasma to formed elements ratio) was within normal limits as was other tests.

Velo

Awards
IMO, EPO can be done in a safe manner as long as you have a centrifuge. If you know how to check your RBC and you know your upper limit you should be ok.

Malek256

Awards
Guys -- I need some advice. How about for propping up a non-weight lifter who's platelet counts are dropping? A friend of mine is looking to head towards dire straits soon, her platelet count's dropping slowly but surely and WBC is reducing even faster.

Infections, etc. are ruled out.

I am looking for natural supplements which taken together can have a positive effect upon bone marrow stimulation and counteract possible immunosuppressive effects which trigger leukopenia.

The beginning list I have is:

Morning (take the following with breakfast):
1. 2g of L-Arginine.
2. 30g of whey protein in a shake.
3. 2 fish oil capsules.
4. CLA, 2g.
5. Folic acid.

1 Hour Before Bed:

These should be taken together before bed. Do not eat 3 hours before bed (that is very important).

1. CLA, 2g.
2. 1 g of Niacin
3. 2 g of L-Arginine, 500 mg Ornithine.
4. 2 fish oil capsules.
5. 5-HTP (100mg)

Something else I thought of: a multivitamin which is Zinc fortified. If so, I've asked her to consider a different multivitamin which has additional copper and/or reduce the amount of Zinc coming in.

While necessary for health, Zinc can deplete copper levels in the body which may trigger or worsen leukopenia (If you have general iron deficiency (anemia) -- evidenced by low RED blood cells, surprise, surprise -- this increases the uptake of Zinc which may trigger copper depletion).

Arginine's kind of a double-edged sword as well...looking to prop up pre-reqs...

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As do all the muscle builders we use now, right?
Yes. Exactly.

I don't think anybody expected Superdrol to last as long as it has.

.....EPO injections...

The synthetic form...or taking your own, and injecting it later.
I think you are confusing this with blood packing.

They are 2 different things; the end result is the same.

Guys -- I need some advice. How about for propping up a non-weight lifter who's platelet counts are dropping? A friend of mine is looking to head towards dire straits soon, her platelet count's dropping slowly but surely and WBC is reducing even faster.

When it comes to the zinc and copper, you're right, they will contradict each other in quantities higher than the RDA. Your best bet with these is to use a good multi. My preference is a multi with a lower zinc amount, and supplement the rest with a low dose ZMA.

I don't know about the rest you mentioned, but I would make sure your friend is getting plenty of B vitamins and taking a good iron supplement on an empty stomach.

Maybe use sublingual B vitamin tabs. I like injectible B vitamins myself, but not everybody is willing to shoot themselves like I am.

You can increase the bioavailability of iron by taking it with selenium and vitamin C. Calcium is the enemy to iron. Calcium will prevent it from being absorbed.

size

Awards
  • Established
Also, you should note that just about all AAS cause an increase in RBCs.

desmo996

Awards
That brings me to my question, other then donating blood, is there any way to lower RBC's?

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes. but the problem with this is the fact of higher blood pressure, and other factors that you enter into with hormones. i have run MOHN and it has increased blood pressure to levels i do not like when in a race. it makes my head feel like its going to explode. i believe epogen is the best bet. along with some inj. b12.

another question... whats more popular among 400 runners who do dope. winny or anavar?

Atlas

Awards
I love the characteristics of anavar, but if you remember ben johnson got got with Stanazol (winstrol).

Velo

Awards
From the legal gear write up that I received from the O for M1P. "...increased Red Blood Cell production, similar to the prescription product and illegal doping agent, EPO."

Now, this may or may not be true. This product has received mixed reviews from BB, but I do wonder if an endurance athlete were to use this product what would be the results? I am seriously considering using this product as part of my stack in order to build for the 2006 season. FYI I am a cyclist.

Velo

Awards
As for Winny and Anavar. Yea, they work but you have to take a high amount of mg to be effective. I used these as standalone and I did not think it was worth it. Now, if you throw in test, that is a whole different story. Though it contradicts the norm I prefer a more potent AAS. I known of cyclist who use A-50 and I personally have used SD and PP. Both were exceptional. The gains come quickly and cycle need not be that long. This talk of weight gain in my mind is borderline myth. Keep your diet clean and it is not an issue.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im interested in M1P now... tell me more about the effects you got from PP?

Velo

Awards
I stacked Phera with Prostan during a cut. It was the best cycle I have run. Weight dropped and on bike power went up. Granted my diet was very clean. This stack had a great sense of well being.