Anti-Depressants & Steroids

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will most likely be prescribed some anti-depressants in the near future, I am wondering what your views of steroids and anti-depressants are.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
take test and you wont need the antidepressant. or take the antidepressant and you will need some test to keep down the fat gain and to keep up the energy level.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
take test and you wont need the antidepressant. or take the antidepressant and you will need some test to keep down the fat gain and to keep up the energy level.
Bad call dude, if you have depression problems already PCT will be a fucking bitch. Find out how your anti depressants would react with pct drugs possibly but substituting antidep. with test would be a bad idea. At least get the script and have it on hand.

I would ask Dr. D or someone with that kind of background how the anti d would go with nolva and or clomid.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro I have a long history with Depression and antidepressants (about 15 yrs) also a log history cycling. My experience is that if the antidepressants help the depression they will continue to help while on cycle. Also on cycle with test and antidepressants some of the side effects of the antidepressants will be better. I can tell you that no matter what the Dr. tells you that any SSRI antidepressant will cause weight gain and kill your sex drive. That may not seem so bad right now if you are depressed already so you don't care about sex. But it is a real problem when you start to feel better but still don't care about sex. Also there is some evidence that current antidepressants are actually damaging in the long run to the brain. My advice is that if you are severely depressed then take the antidepressants. If it is mild the look into other therapies. If you have access to tianeptine (French drug Stabalon) try that as it is an atypical antidepressant without weight gain or sexual side effects. incidentially the best experience with antidepressants I ever had was on imipramine which is a very old antidepressant. It is not a very "clean" drug meaning that it interacts with tons of other receptors in addition to the ones it is supposed to interact with. But overall the antidepressant effect was great, I actually had improvements in sexual function, weight loss, and increased visual stimulation by colors. The down side was that after about 9 months on it my liver had so up regulated the enzymes that metabolize it that even at a very high dosage I could not acheive a thereaputic blood level anymore. So it stopped working. Of course it was not a panacea, as there were other side effects. But those were all bearable and overall it was a better drug for me than all the other antidepressants.

I just recently finished a cycle and right now I am in PCT. I am also weening myself off of my antidepressant and in the next week or so I will be making the switch to tianeptine to give it a try to see if I can obtain the same effectiveness without the weight gain and sexual side effects. I will let you know if it is as good as some say.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Any of you guys notice a decrease in depression while on cycle? It only really gets a grip on me about 2 months or so post cycle. I haven't required meds yet but I have a feeling it may be in my future. We'll see. In any event, best of luck bro.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Mr. 50, I really appreciate the reply.

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im trying, I will probably be running my first "real" cycle so ya just making sure I dont have to much to worry about with interactions. I will get bakc to the post and tell you what I will be taking most likely. Its real rough right now.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any of you guys notice a decrease in depression while on cycle? It only really gets a grip on me about 2 months or so post cycle. I haven't required meds yet but I have a feeling it may be in my future. We'll see. In any event, best of luck bro.
Certain diagnosed depression is related to test levels.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro I have a long history with Depression and antidepressants (about 15 yrs) also a log history cycling. My experience is that if the antidepressants help the depression they will continue to help while on cycle. Also on cycle with test and antidepressants some of the side effects of the antidepressants will be better. I can tell you that no matter what the Dr. tells you that any SSRI antidepressant will cause weight gain and kill your sex drive. That may not seem so bad right now if you are depressed already so you don't care about sex. But it is a real problem when you start to feel better but still don't care about sex. Also there is some evidence that current antidepressants are actually damaging in the long run to the brain. My advice is that if you are severely depressed then take the antidepressants. If it is mild the look into other therapies. If you have access to tianeptine (French drug Stabalon) try that as it is an atypical antidepressant without weight gain or sexual side effects. incidentially the best experience with antidepressants I ever had was on imipramine which is a very old antidepressant. It is not a very "clean" drug meaning that it interacts with tons of other receptors in addition to the ones it is supposed to interact with. But overall the antidepressant effect was great, I actually had improvements in sexual function, weight loss, and increased visual stimulation by colors. The down side was that after about 9 months on it my liver had so up regulated the enzymes that metabolize it that even at a very high dosage I could not acheive a thereaputic blood level anymore. So it stopped working. Of course it was not a panacea, as there were other side effects. But those were all bearable and overall it was a better drug for me than all the other antidepressants.

I just recently finished a cycle and right now I am in PCT. I am also weening myself off of my antidepressant and in the next week or so I will be making the switch to tianeptine to give it a try to see if I can obtain the same effectiveness without the weight gain and sexual side effects. I will let you know if it is as good as some say.
Good advice, I am victim to the dreaded SSRI.:aargh:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im trying, I will probably be running my first "real" cycle so ya just making sure I dont have to much to worry about with interactions. I will get bakc to the post and tell you what I will be taking most likely. Its real rough right now.
Get some blood work done, and also look into alternative measures.

Biofeedback(sp) is a good one from what I hear.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

good post.