Test and tendon/joint pain

RunDMT

Awards
I just started my first test cycle this past Sunday, 150mg/prop eod.

The last couple of days my bicep tendons and the inner area of the elbow have been sore and hurting when stress has been placed on that area (this was not the injection site). They were hurting badly enough today that I had to drop my speed bench and tri extension movements. Could this be related to the test or is it more likely to be coincidental? I have not heard of this side effect before. What can be done to treat it?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
steroids give you extra strength that your tendons are not used to. so a cycle can cause injuries if you have not been lifting heavy for some time before the cycle.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Sure, but he started last Sunday. You could also be afflicted with the aches and pains that come with the first time use of Prop. But then again, it wouldn't really be localized like that. Chill out on straight barbell curls and skullcrushers, as those can cause stress at those areas you mention.. just go easy for a bit.

Just don't go too heavy. Superphysiological levels of test start to negatively impact collagen sythesis at a point. NPP would work great.. get some of that! :D

good luck

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
you may even be able to get away with starting to supplement with glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM a few months before cycle, on cycle, and post-cycle to help out some.

I use ti year round and think it works to a certain extent...I'm sure not as well as the NPP or Deca would...but I'm not particularly a fan of them :-/

good luck bro,
COTC

briancaswell

Awards
any test dose over 200mg/wk has been documented to cause a marked decrease in collagen synthesis (types II and III). conversely, anavar, eq, primo, deca, and anavar have been shown to increase collagen synthesis (both types), and winstrol has been shown to increase type II collagen synth, while decreasing type III (leading to longer, more brittle tendons).

i tend to feel very "brittle" tendon-wise while on any type of test, and this can impede weight training, speed training, cardio, etc. that is probably what you are feeling at the moment- tendon pain is very common while on test or other drugs that decrease collagen synth- take the above advice- run some msm chondroitan and some cissus (this stuff really does help decrease tendon pain while on cycle) and/or maybe add some deca, anavar, or primo into your cycle, it should help

RunDMT

Awards
any test dose over 200mg/wk has been documented to cause a marked decrease in collagen synthesis (types II and III). conversely, anavar, eq, primo, deca, and anavar have been shown to increase collagen synthesis (both types), and winstrol has been shown to increase type II collagen synth, while decreasing type III (leading to longer, more brittle tendons).

i tend to feel very "brittle" tendon-wise while on any type of test, and this can impede weight training, speed training, cardio, etc. that is probably what you are feeling at the moment- tendon pain is very common while on test or other drugs that decrease collagen synth- take the above advice- run some msm chondroitan and some cissus (this stuff really does help decrease tendon pain while on cycle) and/or maybe add some deca, anavar, or primo into your cycle, it should help
Thanks, this sounds like what I have been feeling. I've been running cissus and I'll start the MSM/Chondroitin/Glucosamine today.

RunDMT

Awards
I would love to take some NPP but the detection time is too much. Is Anavar the only option for postive collagen effects with a short detection time?