Starting 1st cycle/new to this site

iron-mind

Awards
Just started my 1st cycle! I've done my research and I'm ready. Think I've got everything together but I wanted to post to say hello and see if I'm missing anything. I'm new to this sight but it's clearly the place to be. I'm 49 5'8" 185, lifted all my life and wanted to try a cycle. Want to add some muscle and lean out a bit. Going with test enan 500/wk for 10 wks w/a kick start of d-bol 30 mgs for 1st two weeks, HCG 300 2xweek, w/clomid/nolva pct. !800 clean calories/day with 150-200 grms protein. Any advice? Thanks.

ABiLiTY

ABiLiTY

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good, but you should probably run d-bol 4-6 weeks. Also def up your calories, even if ur trying to stay lean up ur protien to 1.5-2.0g per LB LBM.

If i were you i would go 2gP, 3gC,.4gF all per lbm, while on d-bol to get the most out of it, then u can start tapering carbs a bit as the cycle proceeds.

iron-mind

Awards
Thanks man! I had been a little concerned about upping or lenghtening doses due to my age (49) and possible prostate/liver etc. problems, although I'm in excellent health.

Also previously to AAS use, I've had to cut down to around 1200-1500 calories to lose weight but that may have been extreme and I guess the AAS will make up for the extra calories. I'll try like you say though. Thanks again.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that seems like a wet cycle so keep the nolva handy. also you might try a cortisol blocker for pct. welcome to the board.

iron-mind

Awards
Thanks for the advice and the welcome.

Don't recall my research showing it ever being done, but should I consider starting some dose of nolva during my cycle?

The cortisol blocker suggestion is new to me so thanks for that advice. I'll have to start researching that right away.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if you are prone to gyno some will run 20mg of nolva to keep the estrogen down. you might be fine after you stop the dbol.

iron-mind

Awards
Thanks man. Sorry to keep beating this, but being my 1st cycle I don't know yet if I am prone or not. 2 weeks in and no sign so far though. If I do wait to see if I'm gyno prone, will it be too late to effectively deal with it? Is going on a low "just in case" dose a good idea before I find out if I am prone? Thanks again.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I,m sure u know your body better than myself, but if u want to get the most out of your cycle, up the calories about a 1000 and definitely get around 300 grams of protein a day, if u r going to do a cycle, your body needs ALOT more calories than u would normally consume, being in a highly anabolic state your body will use the calories not store them.
Welcome aboard the information u will get here is truly priceless, keep us updated and good luck.......

iron-mind

Awards
Thanks. I'll up both protein and calories. Always afraid I'd put on too much fat. But I guess that's an easier problem to deal with than wasting a cycle by not having the right amounts of either to make it effective.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not prone myself but I think others have said its a bitch to get rid of bitch tits. so being safe would be best. your 2 wks in and ready to stop the dbol I would not worry about it.

Wolfe08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just keep the nolva on standby and if you feel anything take 20mgs every other day, I'd also recommend dbol for 4 weeks, that's what I've been hearing on this board at least...

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! I had been a little concerned about upping or lenghtening doses due to my age (49) and possible prostate/liver etc. problems, although I'm in excellent health.

Also previously to AAS use, I've had to cut down to around 1200-1500 calories to lose weight but that may have been extreme and I guess the AAS will make up for the extra calories. I'll try like you say though. Thanks again.
dude, you're 49 AND you're new here?
You gotta go post in the old guys section!

I'm kidding. Welcome to the board! I'd agree that your cals gotta go higher or you're not gonna maximize your growth. You can do a lean bulk, but you still gotta feed that muscle. Might wanna do some kind of carb cycling, which will keep you lean yet not deplete you (and keep that new muscle plenty fed!)

iron-mind

Awards
Yeah, I've led a kinda sheltered life! It's middle aged crisis time now though!

Hey, thanks to all for the advice and the welcome. This is an excellent sight thanks to you guys who (unlike a few other sights I could mention) make a newbie feel welcome. Even an "old guy" one! lol!

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Old is when u cannot exercise anymore !! Until then rock on......

iron-mind

Awards
Amen brother. Because of generally taking pretty good care of myself, I feel just as good at 49 as I did at 39 or even 29. Actually even better. My health, strength, libido is no less or even better. If you take care of yourself life does get better. I find I'm more confidant, successful, and hopefully wiser than when I was younger. I seriously would not want to go back any. Hope that's comforting to you youngsters!

Ripdntxs, Milwood you're both 39, don't you agree? And WastedWhiteboy2 would you really care to be 18 again?

Sorry to get off the subject a little boys, your mind tends to wander at my age!!

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Welcome, lean extreme by designer supps(link at bottom of forum) will help with cortisol during pct.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
gow old gracefully, no freakin way... I think everyone here will fight till the end to be fit,healthy and strong. We have already found the fountain of youth, shhh....