testosterone replacement therapy

  1. New Member
    escher007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    124
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%

    testosterone replacement therapy


    I'm on TRT due to a pitutary tumor a few years back.. I was on the gel, but recently switched over to injections. I want my levels to be in the high normal. Currently I am taking 100mg of cypionate once a week. Does that seem low to you guys? Anyone else here on TRT because they have to be on it due to low levels?

  2. Registered User
    glenihan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,679
    Rep Power
    1966
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    6.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    that's actually semi-high for TRT .. will normal being 50-100mg a week .. 100mg a week would put you in the high end of a "normal" male
  3. New Member
    Brennon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    190
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    4.55%

    Really just depends. Some people enter super physiological levels at 75mg, others are well below "high" normal at 100mg. Don't really know why, but SWALE has made this point many times.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm with glen on this one...unless you're somehow resistant or semi-resistant to synthetic test injections, I think you're good to go with that amount. But there is alwyas the possibility.
  5. Advanced Member
    Jeff's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    637
    Rep Power
    464
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.39%

    I do 75mg of cyp twice a week and it puts me at about 550 ng/dl, my pre TRT levels are about 275 ng/dl.
  6. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I do 75mg of cyp twice a week and it puts me at about 550 ng/dl, my pre TRT levels are about 275 ng/dl.
    125mg/week only puts you at low-normal levels?? Damn, that's a shame. Did your doc ever give you a reason why?
  7. Advanced Member
    Jeff's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    637
    Rep Power
    464
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.39%

    Nope , trying to convince him to get me a higher dose like 200mg/week.
  8. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    8353
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    34.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It really depends on the person...some people get to superphysiological levels off of 100mg per week, some dont notice anything. I suggest getting some bloodwork done to see where you sit at and then go from there. Just remember, you are on TRT, you are not using this to "get big" but to feel normal, so dont push the envelope with your Dr too much with trying to up your dose.

    Does he have you on HCG as well? If not, you may want to try that out as well before upping your dose of test. Print out the "Reciepe for Success" that SWALE has and show that to your Dr. Just remember, the shots take a bit to kick in, not like the gels. Its also not unheard of for a Dr. to prescribe 250mg/week of test for users that do not see much off of the 100mg, however, you will want to increase from 100mg at 20mg intervals and get bloodwork done to see how much it affects you so that you dont jump too much in how much you take per week.
  9. New Member
    escher007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    124
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%

    thanks for the replies and good info. I guess in all honesty a year ago I would have settled for just feeling good, and would have never considered using anything to get big. Now that my levels are up from the low 300's, and I'm feeling good, I wouldnt mind a boost to get a bit bigger. Hey I figure I'm jabbing the needle in me anyways! I just didnt have a clue how to compare a normal dosage for myself vs someone who has normal T, and is injecting. I only get draws every 6 months, but if I wanted to I could request a draw to see where I'm at.
  10. New Member
    cleanEG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    462
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    35.98%

    Not to highjack your thread or anything....but how did you convince your doctor to even start TRT? Let me give you guys some background:
    28 years old with the following results from a recent blood tests:

    total test = 291 scale: 241 - 850
    cholesterol = 130

    I have pubertal gyno, and have all of the symptoms of low testosterone that I have read about. I talked to my Dr about my test levels and all he seems to reinforce is that although I am 50 points above the lowest number in range, I am just fine. He wont even consider TRT and I am at a loss of what to do. The only thing I can think of is to find another DR that would consider it.

    If all else fails, I will just have to take matters into my own hands and start a cycle.....Any help or comments are much appreciated. Thanks!
  11. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cleanEG
    Not to highjack your thread or anything....but how did you convince your doctor to even start TRT? Let me give you guys some background:
    28 years old with the following results from a recent blood tests:

    total test = 291 scale: 241 - 850
    cholesterol = 130

    I have pubertal gyno, and have all of the symptoms of low testosterone that I have read about. I talked to my Dr about my test levels and all he seems to reinforce is that although I am 50 points above the lowest number in range, I am just fine. He wont even consider TRT and I am at a loss of what to do. The only thing I can think of is to find another DR that would consider it.

    If all else fails, I will just have to take matters into my own hands and start a cycle.....Any help or comments are much appreciated. Thanks!
    Yes, I would find another doc...it seems that most younger docs these days will be more understanding when it comes to HRT.
  12. New Member
    escher007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    124
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%

    Dude, I went through the same **** exactly with the dr. You are techinally teetering on the low end of normal, but is that optimal? hardly. So using the same scale, of 241 being "normal", would you be treated by this doc if you were 240? Probably as you're 'sick'... at 242, your healthy. What a bunch of bull****. You have a few choices. Either self medicate, get a different endo, or make your current one treat you properly. Send me a pm or whatever if you have questions or if I can help you out with finding an endo in your area. Its your health man.. gotta take control of it. 291 is bs for someone our age.
  13. New Member
    cleanEG's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    462
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    35.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by escher007
    Dude, I went through the same **** exactly with the dr. You are techinally teetering on the low end of normal, but is that optimal? hardly. So using the same scale, of 241 being "normal", would you be treated by this doc if you were 240? Probably as you're 'sick'... at 242, your healthy. What a bunch of bull****. You have a few choices. Either self medicate, get a different endo, or make your current one treat you properly. Send me a pm or whatever if you have questions or if I can help you out with finding an endo in your area. Its your health man.. gotta take control of it. 291 is bs for someone our age.
    Exactly! Yeah, the good thing is , I only saw my primary doc and not an endo yet. I am going to call my doc this week and when I go back for more blood work regarding my elevated liver enzymes, I am going to get a referral to the endo. It sucks that it takes such a long time to get appointments and then the hassle of running all kinds of tests, but in the end if I dont get the prescription for the injection, I will just do it myself.

    I'll keep you guys posted --- thanks again for the reply!
  14. New Member
    escher007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    124
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    9.84%

    sure.. CleanEG send me an email (escher@gmail.com) if you want some good 'ammunition' to present to your doctor when you go in next. I can point you to some good resources on it. good luck getting the treatment you need
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
  2. Stack While on Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    By spenbro in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 04:17 PM
  3. Stack While on Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    By spenbro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
  4. Proper PCT for Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    By snowbird in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in