Staying fertile on HRT

Steve325

Banned
Awards
well I just got my hormone panel back and came back with 340 total test, personally I am not satisfied with this at all and the doctors insist on giving me anything because it falls in the normal range. I have been doing my research and it seems like the ideal range is around 250mg every 2 weeks, but my biggest worry is fertility; as I want to have kids later on down the road.

Any ideas on this without the use of HCG?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
have you used anything recently? PH's, AAS, etc......

Steve325

Banned
Awards
natural so far, but have put thought in starting a cycle which is why I got this done in the first place

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It does matter when you get tested during the day. Test levels peak around 8 am I believe.

Steve325

Banned
Awards
It does matter when you get tested during the day. Test levels peak around 8 am I believe.
Mine was done around 10 AM about a week ago. I'm not really debating on whether or not I should be doing it, more or less on how to stay fertile while doing it. I do not feel that any athlete that lifts weights should have to settle with a low-normal test. I plan on getting this checked up once a month and making sure I maintain a safe level

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
if you go on permanent HRT kiss fertility goodbye

foo.c

Board Supporter
Awards
Is this Dr. supervised HRT, or self-medication?

Swale says that proper HRT won't completely shut down sperm production. (I read that in one of his posts.)

I think these are questions to ask your Dr.

Also, you can bank some sperm. I think it's about $300/yr.

Steve325

Banned
Awards
Is this Dr. supervised HRT, or self-medication?

Swale says that proper HRT won't completely shut down sperm production. (I read that in one of his posts.)

I think these are questions to ask your Dr.

Also, you can bank some sperm. I think it's about $300/yr.
This doctor prescribes HRT to patients all the time, I actually got the recommendation from someone who he did put on. What would be considered proper HRT? I have read all types of mixed reviews, and it seems like most people with 200ng are doing around 250 every 2 weeks, but this could be incorrect. I've also read people getting big injections once a month, which makes very little sense for maintaining a healthy balance

maetenloch

Awards
To maintain your sperm production, your testes need to be exposed to LH and FSH. HCG emulates LH which is why it's used to maintain testicular testosterone production and prevent atrophy. However you also need FSH for sperm production. You can take HMG which is a mixture of actual LH and FSH. It's widely used to treat infertility in both men and women, and is available from at least one of the well known UG sources.