DNP and Diet

CSK

Board Supporter
Awards
I've read plenty of DNP articles, and there is a lot of conflicting information reguarding diets; low carbs, moderate carbs, high carbs, eat whatever the hell you want, etc.

For those of you who have used DNP, which type of diet do you feel allowed you to lose the most fat?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read plenty of DNP articles, and there is a lot of conflicting information reguarding diets; low carbs, moderate carbs, high carbs, eat whatever the hell you want, etc.

For those of you who have used DNP, which type of diet do you feel allowed you to lose the most fat?
I wouldnt say whatever you want... but you do need to comsume carbs. Also eat more. Over at Meso-Rx is a great thread "How not to **** up on DNP", give it read.

Adams

CSK

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah I've read that article and agree it's a good read.

The purpose of this thread though was to ask those who have ran DNP cycles which type of diets they feel work the best based on their own experiences.

cobra1414

Awards
33/33/33 at maintenance cals is what I've done and it works great.

I've also done the "ignore diet and eat all the junk food you want" 3 day blitz run, and I still lost a lb and 1/4-1/2" off the waist

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I ran DNP... I just ate whatever clean foods where around... and alot of em.. and still lost. You feel like so much **** on DNP... that going on a carb restricted diet will make you feel even worse. Which is hard to do when it feels like the hand of death is upon you.

Adams

noctorum

Banned
Awards

Chippewa is the resident expert on DNP here, but I'll chime in with my experience.

The absolute best diet for DNP, hands down, is a ketogenic diet. DNP has to deplete your glycogen stores before it can proceed to use fat for energy. On a ketogenic diet, your ATP comes from fat stores.

If a CKD isn't for you (not for me, I love my carbs too much) then simply limit your simple carb intake. Simple carbs will make you burn hotter.

Other than that, just eat pretty much whatever you want. DNP is incredibly powerful.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i dont' know anything about DNP other than it can cook you from the inside out if you're not careful .. so just BE CAREFUL and make sure you know what you're doing

DNP makes insulin look like candy

XxCrisisxX

Awards
Personally, I have experienced the best fat loss with DNP while using the UD 2.0. Here is how I set it up.

Day 1: 400mgs of DNP, Glycogen Depletion, Full body workout, 10-12 reps, 2 sets per BP Low cal-1500 cals or so, low carb-60 grams
Day 2: 400mgs of DNP, diet and workout the same
Day 3: No DNP, no workout, same diet
Day 4: No DNP, AM-Diet, PM-Tension workout, Full body, 6-12 reps, 3 sets per BP, Begin massive carb up (I'm talkin like 5000-7000 calories of mostly carbs, little to no fat, protein 1 gr/lbm/BW)
Day 5:No DNP, no workout, comtinue massive carb-up
Day 6: No DNP, heavy full body workout, 3-6 reps, 4-5 sets per BP, eat maintence or a little below
Day 7: No workout, eat at maitence or a little below-maybe a little cardio. And if you feel a little crazy, go head and throw 200 mgs before bed.

Rinse and repeat as necessary

The diet is a complete bitch to follow and you will probaly feel like **** on Day 1 and 2. However, this is the only diet with DNP that I can maintain all muscle and sometimes increase strength on my day 6 power workouts (especially if I throw in some Superdrol on the carb-up). Not to mention the carb-ups are friggin awesome. Good luck with whatever you choose.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have experienced the best fat loss with DNP while using the UD 2.0. Here is how I set it up.

Day 1: 400mgs of DNP, Glycogen Depletion, Full body workout, 10-12 reps, 2 sets per BP Low cal-1500 cals or so, low carb-60 grams
Day 4: No DNP, AM-Diet, PM-Tension workout, Full body, 6-12 reps, 3 sets per BP, Begin massive carb up (I'm talkin like 5000-7000 calories of mostly carbs, little to no fat, protein 1 gr/lbm/BW)
Day 6: No DNP, heavy full body workout, 3-6 reps, 4-5 sets per BP, eat maintence or a little below
Day 7: No workout, eat at maitence or a little below-maybe a little cardio. And if you feel a little crazy, go head and throw 200 mgs before bed.

Rinse and repeat as necessary

The diet is a complete ***** to follow and you will probaly feel like **** on Day 1 and 2. However, this is the only diet with DNP that I can maintain all muscle and sometimes increase strength on my day 6 power workouts (especially if I throw in some Superdrol on the carb-up). Not to mention the carb-ups are friggin awesome. Good luck with whatever you choose.
:think:
So you did DNP for 1 week. and only dosed Day 1, 2, and 7? Maybe did it again a 2nd week? Hmmm....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:think:
So you did DNP for 1 week. and only dosed Day 1, 2, and 7? Maybe did it again a 2nd week? Hmmm....
I doubt that you will get an answer... this thread is well over 3 years old. These guys don't even post here any more.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

Results?

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
I doubt that you will get an answer... this thread is well over 3 years old. These guys don't even post here any more.
I didn't read a word you said, still looking at your avatar :blink:

XxCrisisxX

Awards
Holy DNP batman!! This thread is old but I'm still around.

Results wise, rediculously awesome. But, honestly, from what I remember, it's tough to implement. The first 3 days your really draggin ass and the only that got me through was lots of EC throughout the day. I will tell you this-most of the time on DNP my strength goes to the crapper if I'm running a straight cycle. However, by cycling DNP and having a massive carb-up, I found that I maintained my strength (and size) much better on a cut.

Personally, I have always preferred lowish carbs on DNP. Just enough to get me through the day. High carbs make me a gross, sweaty mess. Honestly, I don't think it matters what your diet is on DNP. I've never noticed a difference.

I think I lost about 3-4 lbs/week with very little muscle loss with this protocol. I would run it like this until you acheive your desired results.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Holy DNP batman!! This thread is old but I'm still around.

Results wise, rediculously awesome. But, honestly, from what I remember, it's tough to implement. The first 3 days your really draggin ass and the only that got me through was lots of EC throughout the day. I will tell you this-most of the time on DNP my strength goes to the crapper if I'm running a straight cycle. However, by cycling DNP and having a massive carb-up, I found that I maintained my strength (and size) much better on a cut.

Personally, I have always preferred lowish carbs on DNP. Just enough to get me through the day. High carbs make me a gross, sweaty mess. Honestly, I don't think it matters what your diet is on DNP. I've never noticed a difference.

I think I lost about 3-4 lbs/week with very little muscle loss with this protocol. I would run it like this until you acheive your desired results.
It's ALIVE! I did it :thumbsup:

What are your stats? Are you lean to begin with?
I mean 5000 cals in carbs and you said simple carbs, geez! may try it.

I keep carbs, low, and clean!

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
DNP has to deplete your glycogen stores before it can proceed to use fat for energy.
No. DNP depletes glycogen, but also increases fat oxidation. Both occur at the same time. It's not one and then the other. Similarly, most cells in the body run on glucose and FFAs. It's not one and then the other, but a varying ratio depending on availability.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
No. DNP depletes glycogen, but also increases fat oxidation. Both occur at the same time. It's not one and then the other. Similarly, most cells in the body run on glucose and FFAs. It's not one and then the other, but a varying ratio depending on availability.
How would your diet be for a cycle?
Dosage of DNP?

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
How would your diet be for a cycle?
The fat and carb composition of your diet shouldn't have a significant effect on your weight loss. There was a paper by Cutting and Tainter in 1933 entitled "Metabolic actions of dinitrophenol with the use of balanced and unbalanced diets". The paper compared different diets (high fat, high carb, high protein, and isocaloric) while looking at metabolism, nitrogen loss, acidity, and change in body weight in people taking DNP. They concluded, "Dinitrophenol, used in doses of therapeutic range, caused increases in metabolism of the usual magnitude irrespective of the type of diet."

The reason I recommend an isocaloric (mixed macronutrient) diet is because I think it's best to include both carbs and fats for practical purposes. Low carb diets don't seem to provide sufficient energy (though they work for some) and low fat diets don't seem to keep people feeling full, not to mention that the heat from a high carb meal can be intense. A mixed diet seems to be a good compromise, for example, a 33/33/33.

Conciliator

Conciliator

Awards
Dosage of DNP?
You can plan out the doses for a cycle of steroids, but you simply can't do the same with DNP. There's just too much variation in individual sensitivity to it. For example, there's no way to know beforehand if you can safely handle 400 or 500 mg/day, so it doesn't make any sense to plan a cycle with those doses.

If you want a proper dosing protocol, you start low (no higher than 200 mg/day), you make sure to stay at each dose for 4-5 days before increasing it, and when you do increase it, you do it by the lowest increment you have, and only if your temperature is under 99.1 and the side effects aren't excessive. If you're sensitive to DNP, you may very well find that when you go from 200mg/day to 300mg/day that your temperature starts jumping up over 99.1. If this were to happen, the upper safe dose for you would be 200mg/day... It makes no difference that your plan was to go up to 300 or 400 or 500 mg/day. No. Your plan is 200mg/day max. At best, you had a bad plan. At worst, it could influence you to take unsafe doses than are too high for you, putting you at risk for serious consequences. If you have normal sensitivity to DNP, you can expect to stop somewhere around 300-500mg/day (this is based on an accurate dose of powder DNP. Crystal DNP is weaker, so you'll need to take 33% more for the same effect).

Don't make the mistake of planning the doses for your cycle. The only thing you can plan on with DNP is a very low dose for the first 4-5 days. From there, it's all a matter of how you respond, what your temperature is, and how you feel, not a cycle plan.

XxCrisisxX

Awards
Listen to conciliator-He knows what he's talking about. Also, remember that half life of DNP is somewhere between 24 and 36 hours. So, if you stick with the same dose (let's say 200mgs) each day, it's going to gradually "build up" in your system (like the same way that testosterone ethanate does). Just because 200mgs feels weak at day 1 doesn't mean that you should immediately double the dosage. Just be patient and do what Conciliator says. Fo' real.

Personally, if I ran a straight cycle, I would stay 200mgs/day. This will provide steady fat loss and minimal sides.

Stay safe!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My personal opinion is to use the DNP at a dosage on the low end for longer periods rather than working up to high levels. DNP is dangerous and it makes you feel like a fever 24/7 and can make easier things oddly difficult.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
My personal opinion is to use the DNP at a dosage on the low end for longer periods rather than working up to high levels. DNP is dangerous and it makes you feel like a fever 24/7 and can make easier things oddly difficult.
With good support supplements and ice cold temperatures, I (had a friend that) did 200mg for 3 days, 300mg for 4 days, and 400mg for almost 20 days. He's am actually not done yet. He's doing another 4 days back to 300mg then carbing up after a 3 day grace period.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 22
RickyBlobby Anabolics 25
Anabolics 1
Supplements 37
Post Cycle Therapy 5