How long can I take Nolvadex?

laurier

Awards
Hi guys
I have to tell you first off I am a total newbie about this stuff.
I am losing my hair and got gyno from Propecia. I want to take it again
using either Arimidex or Nolvadex? I would have to take whichever of these indefinitely while I took Propecia, but someone told me I cannot take Nolvadex indefinitely.
It seems to be better than Arimidex for being specific to gyno according some studies I looked at, but apparenlty it will start to upregulate my estrogen levels if I take it for a very long time? Is that meaningless if I never bother coming off it? Or is Arimidex wise? I fear that Arimidex may not prevent gyno coming back.
Thank you very much for any and all help.
Laurier

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No you cannot stay on it indefinately. Neither one. Nolvadex originally used as a breast cancer treatment was given to women in dosages moderate to high over long periods of time. They eventually after years of use had many problems. Liver damage, other forms of cancer, eye damage(ocular nerve is what i think its called), dr.d even knew a women that lost her hair and teeth from extended use over years period of time. Not safe.

Do some more research.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
If you got gyno from propecia, go bald my friend. Better to be bald than have tits.

laurier

Awards
But my dosage...

No you cannot stay on it indefinately. Neither one. Nolvadex originally used as a breast cancer treatment was given to women in dosages moderate to high over long periods of time. They eventually after years of use had many problems. Liver damage, other forms of cancer, eye damage(ocular nerve is what i think its called), dr.d even knew a women that lost her hair and teeth from extended use over years period of time. Not safe.

Do some more research.
I would be taking .25 mg of Arimidex every other day if I go on that. What are you defining as moderate to high dosages?

bench261

Awards

Do some more research.
yep, i think one common side effect was bloodshot eyes...which i got

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't have the science ot back it up but another facet of this issue may be that it is not your overall estrogen level that is a problem but rather your estrogen level relative to your DHT level. Since your DHT is so low from lack of 5-alpha reductase conversion the relative effect of your estrogen is much greater. While blocking your estrogen receptors may work it is possible then it will cause an increase in testosterone production and thus an increased need for higher dosages of Propecia. Another plan of action is to find someone you trust that has some old prohormones of the DHT sort M-5aa MDHT and make it into a topical and put it around the nipple area. Does anyone know if it would work for gyno of this cause? Also can the methylated versions of these hormones be put into a topical? Also see if your doc can proscribe you something along these lines 9don't know if there is a commercially made product but possibly through a compounding pharmacy).

Hi guys
I have to tell you first off I am a total newbie about this stuff.
I am losing my hair and got gyno from Propecia. I want to take it again
using either Arimidex or Nolvadex? I would have to take whichever of these indefinitely while I took Propecia, but someone told me I cannot take Nolvadex indefinitely.
It seems to be better than Arimidex for being specific to gyno according some studies I looked at, but apparenlty it will start to upregulate my estrogen levels if I take it for a very long time? Is that meaningless if I never bother coming off it? Or is Arimidex wise? I fear that Arimidex may not prevent gyno coming back.
Thank you very much for any and all help.
Laurier

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
consider an ATD based product for killing that Gyno. Many have been successful.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Rebound XT is the most famous, but there are some others out their by ALRI, Giant nutrition and Juggernaut Nutrition. Do a search ATD* and you will have a wealth of info in front of you!

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Andractim is a prescription topical DHT product, ask your doc.