How long can I take Nolvadex?

  1. How long can I take Nolvadex?


    Hi guys
    I have to tell you first off I am a total newbie about this stuff.
    I am losing my hair and got gyno from Propecia. I want to take it again
    using either Arimidex or Nolvadex? I would have to take whichever of these indefinitely while I took Propecia, but someone told me I cannot take Nolvadex indefinitely.
    It seems to be better than Arimidex for being specific to gyno according some studies I looked at, but apparenlty it will start to upregulate my estrogen levels if I take it for a very long time? Is that meaningless if I never bother coming off it? Or is Arimidex wise? I fear that Arimidex may not prevent gyno coming back.
    Thank you very much for any and all help.
    Laurier


  2. No you cannot stay on it indefinately. Neither one. Nolvadex originally used as a breast cancer treatment was given to women in dosages moderate to high over long periods of time. They eventually after years of use had many problems. Liver damage, other forms of cancer, eye damage(ocular nerve is what i think its called), dr.d even knew a women that lost her hair and teeth from extended use over years period of time. Not safe.

    Do some more research.

  3. If you got gyno from propecia, go bald my friend. Better to be bald than have tits.
    •   
       

  4. But my dosage...


    Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    No you cannot stay on it indefinately. Neither one. Nolvadex originally used as a breast cancer treatment was given to women in dosages moderate to high over long periods of time. They eventually after years of use had many problems. Liver damage, other forms of cancer, eye damage(ocular nerve is what i think its called), dr.d even knew a women that lost her hair and teeth from extended use over years period of time. Not safe.

    Do some more research.
    I would be taking .25 mg of Arimidex every other day if I go on that. What are you defining as moderate to high dosages?
  5. I have gyno anyway


    Quote Originally Posted by KD1
    If you got gyno from propecia, go bald my friend. Better to be bald than have tits.
    That I'm gonna be getting cut out.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    No you cannot stay on it indefinately. Neither one. Nolvadex originally used as a breast cancer treatment was given to women in dosages moderate to high over long periods of time. They eventually after years of use had many problems. Liver damage, other forms of cancer, eye damage(ocular nerve is what i think its called), dr.d even knew a women that lost her hair and teeth from extended use over years period of time. Not safe.

    Do some more research.
    yep, i think one common side effect was bloodshot eyes...which i got

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bench261
    yep, i think one common side effect was bloodshot eyes...which i got
    Again I'll have to ask you, what dosage were you on?

  8. I don't have the science ot back it up but another facet of this issue may be that it is not your overall estrogen level that is a problem but rather your estrogen level relative to your DHT level. Since your DHT is so low from lack of 5-alpha reductase conversion the relative effect of your estrogen is much greater. While blocking your estrogen receptors may work it is possible then it will cause an increase in testosterone production and thus an increased need for higher dosages of Propecia. Another plan of action is to find someone you trust that has some old prohormones of the DHT sort M-5aa MDHT and make it into a topical and put it around the nipple area. Does anyone know if it would work for gyno of this cause? Also can the methylated versions of these hormones be put into a topical? Also see if your doc can proscribe you something along these lines 9don't know if there is a commercially made product but possibly through a compounding pharmacy).



    Quote Originally Posted by laurier
    Hi guys
    I have to tell you first off I am a total newbie about this stuff.
    I am losing my hair and got gyno from Propecia. I want to take it again
    using either Arimidex or Nolvadex? I would have to take whichever of these indefinitely while I took Propecia, but someone told me I cannot take Nolvadex indefinitely.
    It seems to be better than Arimidex for being specific to gyno according some studies I looked at, but apparenlty it will start to upregulate my estrogen levels if I take it for a very long time? Is that meaningless if I never bother coming off it? Or is Arimidex wise? I fear that Arimidex may not prevent gyno coming back.
    Thank you very much for any and all help.
    Laurier

  9. consider an ATD based product for killing that Gyno. Many have been successful.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    consider an ATD based product for killing that Gyno. Many have been successful.
    What is an ATD based product?

  11. i use nolva for 4 weeks

    40mg/40mg/20mg/20mg
  12. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

    Rebound XT is the most famous, but there are some others out their by ALRI, Giant nutrition and Juggernaut Nutrition. Do a search ATD* and you will have a wealth of info in front of you!

  13. Quote Originally Posted by laurier
    Again I'll have to ask you, what dosage were you on?
    i was only on 10mg a day..if i missed it for a day the bloodshot eyes went away

  14. Andractim is a prescription topical DHT product, ask your doc.

  15. thats the ticket.



    Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    Andractim is a prescription topical DHT product, ask your doc.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Potassium Nitrate - how long can you take this s*$t?
    By bakerwil in forum Supplements
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 02:43 PM
  2. How long can I take Drive for?
    By RyanOFelt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 12:24 PM
  3. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:56 AM
  4. How long can I take Nolvadex?
    By laurier in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Log in
Log in