DNP and Muscle Growth

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I know its commonly stated that while on DNP, you will not gain any muscle. However, you won't lose any either.

Is the only reason you don't gain muscle on it because you feel like **** and can't really get any intensity into your workouts, or is there a physiological reason?

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
The easiest explanation is that it prevents the surplus of calories that your body needs to generate new muscle--the very definition of "cutting."

To cut fat you need fewer calories. To gain muscle you need a calorie surplus. DNP massacres calories at a rate up to 60-70% higher than your normal metabolism, so it's pretty damned unlikely you'll add any muscle.

And yes, you're also right about the other reason: it's hard to do an intense workout on DNP. I use the stuff pretty regularly, and I have been VERY happy with the custom mixture I've discovered, but it's not something that will promote any muscle.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
So..it would be useless on a cutting AAS cycle?

I've tried the 200mg EOD method, had decent results, and other than feeling a little warmer, no sides.

Brennon

Awards
So..it would be useless on a cutting AAS cycle?

I've tried the 200mg EOD method, had decent results, and other than feeling a little warmer, no sides.
From what I understand it is supposed to have a pretty potent anabolic rebound.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Yes--the rebound is nice, but don't expect to add muscle on it. If you're doing an AAS cutting cycle, then it's a great addition, actually--but the key words here are CUTTING cycle.

I do have a friend, though, who used it on a weekend blitz during a bulking AAS cycle, just to knock off some of the fat he had added by overeating with minimal disturbance in his anabolic state.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Im sitting on about 50 days worth...thinking of running it at 250 per day.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
DNP doesn't work directly through proteolytic pathways, but I'll be damned if it will never eat up muscle. You'll be in caloric debt, heavy debt depending on your diet while on DNP; so there's really no good reason to think that in this state - where your body really wants to create energy but can't because oxidative phosphorylation is inhibited - you won't lose muscle. It is somewhat akin to going really low on your calories. DNP doesn't magically make your body really not want to burn muscle. All it does is make energy production inefficient in a dose dependant manner.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Im sitting on about 50 days worth...thinking of running it at 250 per day.
I hope you got good stuff. With a little hard work, you can find lab-grade crystal blended with five of the BEST antioxidants out there instead of capped with corn starch filler. Frankly, I think the antioxidants are a must with this stuff.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I have/use the stuff with quercetin (not sure if its cool to mention the lab..)

I still took antioxidants with it. The quercetin seems to be enough for me. No rashes or anything of the kind.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait until it gets cold around here!

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
I have/use the stuff with quercetin (not sure if its cool to mention the lab..)

I still took antioxidants with it. The quercetin seems to be enough for me. No rashes or anything of the kind.
The antioxidants aren't just for rashes; eliminating so much fat so quickly dumps a hell of a lot of toxins into the body. DNP itself isn't the primary toxin to concern with, it's the stuff released from the fat loss. I'd make sure to especially use something like ellagic acid and broccoli extract (both of which are in the product I use), plus something like ALA or TMG.