Odd Trend with New PCT Products

Terminator LMG

Awards
  • Established
I've always been lead to believe that PCT duration should equal the amount of time that one is on cycle. Ex. A 3 week cycle of SD would call for a 3 week PCT cycle to get you back to normal.

However, I have noticed that people are running 6-8 week cycles and only running PCT for 4 weeks using products like ALRI's Ultra Hot and DS's Rebound XT. An example of this comes from Author L. Rea himself in the resent issue of The Core about the Xtreme Gain and Retain stack, where an 8 week cycle is followed by only 4 weeks of PCT with Ultra Hot.

Is it that these new PCT products are so efficient in what they do that less time is required, or did I miss something?

Thanks all for the clarification on this.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
You missed something.

PCT is supposed to be just enough time to recover and return your body to homeostasis after a hormone cycle. Theres guys who run 4 wk pct after 16 week cycles....if you are trying to be safe the rule of thumb is: time on + pct = time off, then you can cycle again, funny how it never seems to work that way....

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
guys who do 16 week cycles of steroids follow it up with a couple of hcg injections and 2 weeks of clomid.....

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
guys who do 16 week cycles of steroids follow it up with a couple of hcg injections and 2 weeks of clomid.....
ummm....no. When i do a long cycle i place More emphasis on PCT than when doing shorter cycles.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks is standard for PCT, which is then followed by time off, depending on what was time on. Others (Dr. D, for example) do longer PCT's of 5 or 6 weeks, maybe more.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely considering extending my PCT to 6 weeks, thx to Dr.D and DS. Dr.D gave me the idea, and DS gave me RXT which makes PCT fun :D

Terminator LMG

Awards
  • Established
Hey, thanks all for your help on this. I thought I had a good understanding of PCT, but I guess you learn something new everyday right!! Again, thanks so much!

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
4 weeks is standard for PCT, which is then followed by time off, depending on what was time on. Others (Dr. D, for example) do longer PCT's of 5 or 6 weeks, maybe more.
Yup. Just remember PCT is part of your off-time. Despite what the 20yr old Superdrol crowd says. LOL!