Topical B5 for acne

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It was suggested that this is the cat's ass in terms of acne relief, if you don't mind a bit of drying to the skin.

Currently I have been taking 3-4 grams of b5 orally, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to start loosing the battle as everything begins to kick in.... My chest has never actually fully recovered from my last cycle.... and I developed deep acne last time, and don't want it to happen again.... Mostly on the chest, and threatening to spread to shoulders and upper back.

I have about a kg of b5 powder, was wondering what i could put it in to make it a decent topical... I'd imagine it doesn't need to be in a transport matrix as such, Cause I'm just not looking to get it into the blood stream so much?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested as well. I used some mixed in with Clen & Clear topical salicylic acid and liked the results. Maybe if you get some of the high concentration salisylic acid face peel from eBay, and mix this in.

Or do you think just mixing with BA would do?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think I'd need to dissolve a few kilos in a hot tub and bath in it every day.

I'd be interested to see this concept work but at the same time, all of my acne is on my back so I can't apply a topical..particularly when I get pumped up on cycle lol.

Notorious_GIB

Awards
The "Clear Skin Regimen" helped w/ my moderate acne. The great thing about it is the guy who came up w/ it isn't trying to make money off the program. He doesn't try & sell you a thing which helped w/ my skepticism to try the regimen. I've only been using it for a week, but I noticed my skin is already getting clearer w/ fewer breakouts. I have not even worked my way up to the full dosage yet either. GL.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'll get the formula and post it tomorrow for you guys.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
OK, sorry guys, but I can't find any info on this. I work for a company that makes a product very similar to what Poo is talking about. It's called Papulex, and it's an 4% Nicotinamide topical for acne. I have tried it and it's very effective! It is very drying too after too long. I was unable to dig up info on it's proprietary composition, we have no produced it in over 7 years and the data base has nothing. It looks like a hydro-alcoholic gel formulation though. If that's the case, it's just a carbomer or cellulose based matrix and just about anything might work as a carrier. Even just mixing some nicotinamide with a clean, no grease lotion and applying it. I don't know about B5, but this stuff is the real deal. I'll try to find more tomorrow, but it appears to be deleted.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK, sorry guys, but I can't find any info on this. I work for a company that makes a product very similar to what Poo is talking about. It's called Papulex, and it's an 4% Nicotinamide topical for acne. I have tried it and it's very effective! It is very drying too after too long. I was unable to dig up info on it's proprietary composition, we have no produced it in over 7 years and the data base has nothing. It looks like a hydro-alcoholic gel formulation though. If that's the case, it's just a carbomer or cellulose based matrix and just about anything might work as a carrier. Even just mixing some nicotinamide with a clean, no grease lotion and applying it. I don't know about B5, but this stuff is the real deal. I'll try to find more tomorrow, but it appears to be deleted.
okay... :)

That gives me some options... now to see what I can find... worst case senario I may just add b5 to a water based gel (like that blue sun burn relief stuff).. best case I find some nicotinamide, and a proper carrier... (not to familiar with carbomers and what not, but I think lemenange would carry what would be required?) If any body can help with that aspect, please do... I'll dig into it tomorrow.

Thanks Dr.D.

peace.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
okay... :)

That gives me some options... now to see what I can find... worst case senario I may just add b5 to a water based gel (like that blue sun burn relief stuff).. best case I find some nicotinamide, and a proper carrier... (not to familiar with carbomers and what not, but I think lemenange would carry what would be required?) If any body can help with that aspect, please do... I'll dig into it tomorrow.

Thanks Dr.D.

peace.
The formula on that link above indicates that Hydroxypropyl methycellulose (hypomellose) is used instead of carbomer. Honestly, just about any gel base would work I imagine. The burn gel is probably a perfect ready-made carrier. Start with that, it's a good plan you have.

Peace, I'm out-e 5 thousand. :toofunny: Sorry! I've been dieing to try one of the new smiles (hehe)