How do you explain...

nobloodnocum

Awards
How do you explain your gains/build to your friends/family? See I am currently researching my first cycle, but one thing I am wary of is how my increased rate of gains will be perceived. I specifically do not want friends or family knowing I am doing this and I don't know if it can be done. So please, post what it was like on your first cycle, successive cycles or anything else you think might fall under this subject.

By the way, if this thread is in the wrong forum or anything along those lines, please take into account this is my first post and am brand new to the board.

tek

Awards
have you been hitting the gym lately ?? before you take your cycle ?? tell them your taking some NO2's or CE2's or something for awhile. and been eating alot of protein. what i did. i gained a **** load on my first cycle. turn me into a totally diff person.

bulkmuscle

Awards
I blew up on my cycle, was up 30 pounds at one point. They just assumed I was getting fat because I was eating so much. :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
How do you explain your gains/build to your friends/family? See I am currently researching my first cycle, but one thing I am wary of is how my increased rate of gains will be perceived. I specifically do not want friends or family knowing I am doing this and I don't know if it can be done. So please, post what it was like on your first cycle, successive cycles or anything else you think might fall under this subject.

By the way, if this thread is in the wrong forum or anything along those lines, please take into account this is my first post and am brand new to the board.
Personally, I make sure my close family sees me with my shirt off all day...lol. I can't grow too much in the few hrs they don't see me, so they dont' see how drastic it is, I guess.

On top of that, I say I'm eating mroe, of course :) maybe holding water b/c of creatine, etc, etc.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Let the tons of cash supplement companies spend on marketing hype work to your advantage for once.

Whenever someone asks you just start pushing MuscleTech stuff. Say "Its that Cell-Tech man!" ...or
"Ever since I got on this NitroTech and Acetabolan I can't help but get SWOLE BRO!!"
I'm sure plenty of people will buy that reason right there, since for some reason their crap still sells.

Guido

Awards
dont worry about it man, lay people dont know the difference between natural gains and those obtained from AAS. They'll just assume you're working hard in the gym. Unless you go from 150 to 200 in like 3 months, you shouldnt arouse any undo attention, other than compliments of course.

nobloodnocum

Awards
have you been hitting the gym lately ?? before you take your cycle ?? tell them your taking some NO2's or CE2's or something for awhile. and been eating alot of protein. what i did. i gained a **** load on my first cycle. turn me into a totally diff person.
:) Yes. I wouldn't be considering AAS if I had not been training for a while. I've been at it for 2 years natural, and gained around 45-50 pounds of lean body mass in that time.

nobloodnocum

Awards
Personally, I make sure my close family sees me with my shirt off all day...lol. I can't grow too much in the few hrs they don't see me, so they dont' see how drastic it is, I guess.

On top of that, I say I'm eating mroe, of course :) maybe holding water b/c of creatine, etc, etc.
I really like this idea. It will work for my friends since I am in college, but my parents are another story. I only see them every couple months.

nobloodnocum

Awards
Let the tons of cash supplement companies spend on marketing hype work to your advantage for once.

Whenever someone asks you just start pushing MuscleTech stuff. Say "Its that Cell-Tech man!" ...or
"Ever since I got on this NitroTech and Acetabolan I can't help but get SWOLE BRO!!"
I'm sure plenty of people will buy that reason right there, since for some reason their crap still sells.
Haha. I do that already. Friends girlfriends squeeze my delts or pecs and when the boyfriends catch on and want on the bandwagon, I just recommend supplements.. ha.

FlexMasterFunk

FlexMasterFunk

Awards
Just say: "What are you talking about? I've always been this big."

or:

"Steroids!" (While Laughing) They'll never suspect, if you actually say it. :twisted:

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Just like the others mentioned, the gradual change thing with friends will make it less noticeable while pimping all new "amazing" supplements helps. I like telling people before i even go on that im trying some new creatine (CEE or what not) plus some other supps....throw some other harmless extras in there and say you are eating as much as you can etc.

nobloodnocum

Awards
I'm not nearly as concerned with friends as I am with family. People that I only see every 3-6 months. How do you guys handle that? Because they definately WILL notice that I've jacked up 20 pounds or whatever. But then again they already ask me to take my shirt off and flex at family get togethers. But thats a disgusting sidestory that I really don't want to delve into.

Guido

Awards
I'm not nearly as concerned with friends as I am with family. People that I only see every 3-6 months. How do you guys handle that? Because they definately WILL notice that I've jacked up 20 pounds or whatever. But then again they already ask me to take my shirt off and flex at family get togethers. But thats a disgusting sidestory that I really don't want to delve into.
yeah i hear ya man...i've always been big, but even after the first 2 weeks of my cycle friends i havent seen since i started remarked how much harder and more cut i looked, not to mention bigger. A lot has to do with how you present your physique too. You can hide it under oversized clothes or show it off with tights shirts, up to you.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I usually attribute it to creatine and a change in diet. Most people have no clue so don't worry to much about it. Most girls I deal with say oh I can tell you don't juice like these other guys I know because your all cut up and their just bloated, LOL right right:D

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In my case all I am worried about is my parents. My father especially because he has been lifting since he was a teenager and knows about this stuff. He knows I take sd and saw the changes I made in those three weekers. So with him I will just say I designed a ten weeker with sd and other legals right now. Hopefully that works since he doesn't know you can't take sd that long so its cool as long as he doesn't try it.

For everyone else muscletech and on cycle off cycle sound good.

Brennon

Awards
This chick at the frozen yogurt place I go to once or twice a week would not leave me alone on my first cycle. In front of other people she kept badgering "What are you taking? I know you're taking something...my husband's a bodybuilder, I know these things. Are you taking creatine??" I said it was the frozen yogurt--that's my secret.

The next time I saw her she did the same thing again but the store was empty. I just looked at her and said "If your husband's a bodybuilder than you know you shouldn't be asking."

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
:) Yes. I wouldn't be considering AAS if I had not been training for a while. I've been at it for 2 years natural, and gained around 45-50 pounds of lean body mass in that time.
What did you tell people when you gained the 45-50lbs?

CROWLER

duckway

Board Supporter
Awards
The old standby's seem to work.. Creatine, lots of food and cardio reduction..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually say, "Steroids of course!" and they say, "Get the **** outta here! Must be creatine!" :)

I'm never serious around people, so whatever I say they take as a joke.. :p

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's easy for me, I tell them I'm refinining my diet to manipulate my body's insulin production via insulin sensitizing amino acids, and supplements like KR-ALA to coincide with times my body is more receptive to muscle growth coupled with an increased protein intake; specifically fast acting proteins during those times.

I also tell them I don't like to keep it up for too long because the rapid weight gain isn't great for blood pressure, and the eating habits in general wear me down.

They stop listening after the words "manipulate my insulin levels via...". No one suspects steroids as a result. They just think I'm some exercise genius or something.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I would go the diet route. Just say that you've finally got your diet straightened out and you're eating like a horse to gain that weight. If they continue to pry, just tell them that you're using some newer creatine and it works well. Tell them you're using Cr2 and that helped a lot. It's a win-win, they stop asking you questions and they spend their money on a product of a board sponsor. You can't go wrong.:thumbsup:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As a chemical engineer, I'd just start babbling about biochemistry or in depth about HMB/creatine. I'd have people asleep in no time!