HST and Superdrol Log Re-Cap

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
I decided to compress my previous log into an easier to read format. This was my experience with Hypertrophy Specific Training and Superdrol.

Goals
1. Drop BF% to around 11-12%
2. Build Lean Mass

Starting Stats-June 6, 2005
Age - 22yrs old
Starting Weight - 187lbs
Height - 5'10"
Starting Bodyfat - 16%

Ending Stats-July 31, 2005

Age - 22yrs old
Starting Weight - 191lbs
Height - 5'10"
Ending Bodyfat– 9.8% measured, about 10% IMO

Cycle Schedule
Week 1: 1x15
Week 2: 1x15
Week 3: 1x10 1x5
Week 4: 1x10 1x5
Week 5: 2x8
Week 6: 2x8 On cycle with Superdrol
Week 7: 3x5 On cycle with Superdrol
Week 8: 3x5-8 On cycle with Superdrol
Week 9: 2x5 PCT, keeping the weight the same, but dropping the volume
Week 10: 2x5 PCT
Week 11: 2x5 PCT
Week 12: 2x5 PCT
Week 13: 2x5
Week 14: 2x5

HST Exercises

Barbell Front Squat
Barbell Stiff Leg Deadlift
Incline Dumbbell Bench
Dips (weighted)
Chin Ups (weighted)
Single Arm Dumbbell Rows
Barbell Shrugs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
Dumbbell Rear Delt Flies
Dumbbell Curls
Straight Bar Tricep Pushdown
Calf Raise
Push Up to Failure
Abdominals
Rest

Regular Supplements taken through cycle and PCT
Whey Protein Isolate (GF Pro)
Flax Seed Oil
AST Multi
CNW CEE
Chromium Picolinate
CNW Citrulline Malate

Other Supplements
Weeks 1-5: NutraSport ECA Stack, Twinlab Yohimbe Fuel
Weeks 6-8: Superdrol and CNW Taurine
Weeks 9-12: PCT

PCT
Nolva is liquid tamoxifen citrate from our good friends over at Custom Nutrition Warehouse, thanks Matt.
Week 9-Day 1: Clomid 200mg
Week 9: Clomid 50mg, Nolva 42mg or 3ml, Fenugreek 2g
Week 10: Nolva 35mg or 2.5ml, Fenugreek 3g
Week 11: Nolva 21mg or 1.5ml, 6OXO 600mg, Fenugreek 4g
Week 12: 6OXO 600mg, Fenugreek 5g
I had great success with clomid last time and because I have a little left over Im going to try and use it up.

HST Weeks 1-2 (15 reps): Using ECA stack. On a slight calorie deficit. The first two weeks of training at 15 reps was grueling and extremely hard. Workouts had very short rest periods and made me feel nauseous many times. Total workout time was about 30min/workout. Cardio which was done on some off days was a 3 mile run down by the river.

HST Weeks 3-4 (10 reps, then 5 reps): Using ECA stack and a little yohimbe. On a slight calorie deficit. Started at 184lbs and around 14-15% BF. These two weeks was a little less gut wrenching, but still very hard. Ran my 3 mile loop very often these two weeks on my non-lifting days.

HST Week 5 (2 sets of 8 reps): Using ECA stack and a lot of yohimbe and citrulline malate. Eating around maintenance calories. I weighed around 182-183lbs this week and dropped down to around 12-13% BF pre-superdrol.

Superdrol Week 1 / HST Week 6 (2 sets of 8 reps): Using Superdrol (10mg ED), Citrulline Malate, and Taurine. Started cycle around 182-183lbs and 12-13% BF. Eating around maintenance calories. Strength and stamina increased, but very little weight gain. Felt very energized within 15-30min of taking my SD. Ended the week at 185.5lbs for a gain of 2-3lbs in the first week.

Superdrol Week 2 / HST Week 7 (3 sets of 5 reps): Using Superdrol (20mg ED), Citrulline Malate, and Taurine. Eating around maintenance calories. Started to feel back pain, but taurine helped. Still no noticeable shutdown, libido is good and the boys were hanging low. Ended the week at 189lbs, a gain of 3-4lbs for the week and 6-7lbs increase for the cycle.

Superdrol Week 3 / HST Week 8 (3 sets of 5-8 reps): Using Superdrol (20mg ED), Citrulline Malate, and Taurine. Eating around maintenance calories. Continued to feel back pain, but taurine helped. On second lifting day, BF was measured by Gold’s gym personal trainer before working out using 3 point test on the left side of my body and based off of 189lbs, measured at 9.8% BF, which I think is a little low, but made me smile non the less. Final weight is 191lbs and bodyfat is around 10%. Time to start PCT.

Last edited:

david4zero8

Awards
Looking forward to the pictures. Great recap thread!

Paracelsus

Awards
Sky9,

Could you provide some subjective and qualitative feedback concerning your use of Citrulline Malate? Specifically, how was endurance affected on the three-mile run and, if the run was timed, did your pace improve? The only study I can find reported beneficial effects, but the subjects were previously untrained/sedentary.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Sky9,

Could you provide some subjective and qualitative feedback concerning your use of Citrulline Malate? Specifically, how was endurance affected on the three-mile run and, if the run was timed, did your pace improve? The only study I can find reported beneficial effects, but the subjects were previously untrained/sedentary.
Citrulline Malate. It has become one of my favorite pre-workout supplements. About 15 min after taking 3-5grams I can feel myself swell up. It is a noticable difference for sure. I did take it before running and found that it does make a slight difference in endurance related sports. As far as increased pace from taking it, I did not notice this, however I just like to consistanly run 7-8 min miles for cardio, so I wasnt really trying to break the aerobic threshold here. I did notice that my legs would swell a little bit more, but that just happens when working any body part after taking it. It is a supplement that is a novelty IMO, meaning that you dont need it, but its fun to take. For myself I would have to say I enjoyed its benefits more for lifting than running. However, it did make a difference when running, I felt like my muscles were being fed a little better, for a lack to better words to describe it. If you have interest in trying it, I would recommend trying it. Its cheap and there is no down side to its use from what I can tell or have read. I got mine from custom nutrition warehouse and the quality was very good, as usual.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Sky.....Great log man....Good stuff seem like you def put on some LBM while droppinig some FM.....Looking to do the same thing! Thanks for the great log and great details.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
That was a great cycle... assuming that you are now 11% BF, you lost ~9lbs of fat and gained ~13lbs of muscle. Good job...

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info! What method did you used for bodyfat measurement?

Thanks,
dd

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info! What method did you used for bodyfat measurement?

Thanks,
dd
I used the accupoint calipers and a one point test up until I had it done at Gold's gym the other day (three point test) so its possible that I started lower than 16%BF. Im going to take some final pics tomorrow morning after working out. I will post all of my pictures back up here this weekend.

david4zero8

Awards
I used the accupoint calipers and a one point test up until I had it done at Gold's gym the other day (three point test) so its possible that I started lower than 16%BF. Im going to take some final pics tomorrow morning after working out. I will post all of my pictures back up here this weekend.
Is it possible for you to take this 7pt caliper test outlined in the following link please:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/ultimatebodyfattestingguide.htm

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a Gold's gym were I was thinking of joining and they had a rule board up on the wall.
Some of these rules just seemed kinda dumb IMO: No drinks other than water, but I like a WPI shake during workouts sometimes. Also you are supposed to bring a towel everytime you workout to wipe down equipment, but they dont supply the towels. And the kicker, NO CHALK ALLOWED. Ive never heard of that at a gym that is supposed to be a gym made for lifting, not one of those "fitness gyms". Oh well, I think Im gonna check out some other gyms in the area till I find one I like.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a Gold's gym were I was thinking of joining and they had a rule board up on the wall.
Some of these rules just seemed kinda dumb IMO: No drinks other than water, but I like a WPI shake during workouts sometimes. Also you are supposed to bring a towel everytime you workout to wipe down equipment, but they dont supply the towels. And the kicker, NO CHALK ALLOWED. Ive never heard of that at a gym that is supposed to be a gym made for lifting, not one of those "fitness gyms". Oh well, I think Im gonna check out some other gyms in the area till I find one I like.
the manager must be a homo. :lol:

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
the manager must be a homo. :lol:
Yeah, it really made me think, what the hell kind of place is this. A pussy trendmill house, or a gym for lifting. They did have quite an impressive dumbell rack, but still. I was putting up 90's on my incline dumbell press and people stopped to watch. Im not even that big or strong and it was like a specticle, not motivating to me. I like it when people are pushing themselves so hard they have veins popping out of their necks and it looks like we are all sweating out pure test. The kind of gym where someone will walk up and spot you if you need without asking, but before they even touch your elbows or wrists or lats, they scream in your face about how much you need to put that weight up or how this set means everything in you life at that very moment. I want to think that there is no world outside of what my hands are on when I grab a weight, and this gym didnt really make me feel that way. I will go back for this week to see if the crowd changes with different times, but this was just the first impression.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I will have to have somebody help me, but I will try to do it this weekend, no promises though.
I'll make it easy on you. Just use this calculator I have on my site. It uses the same formula. Actually - it uses two formulas. If you want the 7-point test, just enter the first 7 caliper measurements and leave the last 2 blank. If you want the 9-point test, fill 'em all in. ;)

ClutchFitness.com 7-point and 9-point BF Calculator

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
No problem - glad to help. By the way - nice results on your cut! I'm sure the visual results are as compelling as the stats.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
according to that I sit at 7.4% body fat :confused: ..I think I'm more around 10%

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
I have gained about 8-9lbs, but I look porportionatly bigger. I feel thicker in my arms shoulders and legs, but dont think that there is a dramatic body composition change to be noticed from the SD cycle, only that I got bigger all around.

Last edited:
Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
according to that I sit at 7.4% body fat :confused: ..I think I'm more around 10%
It's all in the skill of the skinfold measurements. That's why it's difficult to assess bodyfat %. A few measurements in error can throw the results up or down by a couple percent.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I have gained about 8-9lbs, but I look porportionatly bigger. I feel thicker in my arms shoulders and legs, but dont think that there is a dramatic body composition change to be noticed from the SD cycle, only that I got bigger all around.
Bigger is good. ;)

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
It's all in the skill of the skinfold measurements. That's why it's difficult to assess bodyfat %. A few measurements in error can throw the results up or down by a couple percent.
Yeah, usually I take the same measurement 3 times then average the result.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Im gonna try and get my girl to help me with it tonight, should be interesting, haha

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Great work Sky...nice overall transformation..especially for only 6 weeks. I'm about your same height and when I was 190 I looked pretty similar. Boosting up to 200 is where it gets really sick, lol. It's where your extremeties start outpacing your core thickness..and where you pass a mirror and you're like "Holy ****, is that me?!"

Ahhhh, I need to get back to that point. This has been the summer of catabolism. lol

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Great work Sky...nice overall transformation..especially for only 6 weeks. I'm about your same height and when I was 190 I looked pretty similar. Boosting up to 200 is where it gets really sick, lol. It's where your extremeties start outpacing your core thickness..and where you pass a mirror and you're like "Holy ****, is that me?!"

Ahhhh, I need to get back to that point. This has been the summer of catabolism. lol
Thanks bioman, I cant wait to hit 200. Hopefully before Janruary I can hit my goal while staying relatively lean. I would like to keep my BF right around where it is or even drop a little. I have lots of ideas for the future, but right now I just need to make it through PCT without gaining fat. When I came off my 1ad/4ad cycle, I gained some fat during PCT, and I really dont want to do that this time.

Catabolism is BAD. Last summer I trained with my schools lacross team and I dropped tons of weight. I went from 185-165 in like 3 months. Most of it was fat, but some was muscle and that was the worst feeling. That was when I decided to not do that again. So what happened over the summer. What is your weight now? I cant wait till my extremities start getting like what your describing!

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Ive been on PCT for couple days. Things are going pretty well. I have noticed that about 30min after taking my clomid (50mg), I get boners like its my job. Its cool with me, but I dont remember me having this reaction last time taking it. I just remembered my boys came back pretty quick on it last time. So far they still have a little plumping up to go, but nothing big. Anyways, will weigh in soon again.

builtolast

Awards
This was a good re-cap. This makes it so easy to gauge your progress. Good work by the way!

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Built. In the most muscular poses I dont see too much of a difference in the pictures, but in real life there is a little change. In the bicep picts, I can tell my shoulders and biceps grew, especially if I open two windows and put them right next to each other. I dont look as ripped in the after cycle pics because I wasnt flexing my abs quite as hard, but I think it is safe to say that I gained very little fat while putting on around 9lbs. Im happy so far, now I just have to keep the muscle. Im hoping a good PCT will help. Im taking a couple days off from lifting becuase I think my body needs some rest, I was going pretty hard all 8 weeks. I will lift again on wednesday, that gives me 3-4 days to rest. I wish I had taken pictures of my legs, they got bigger and really hard on this cycle. I like the leg developement, but my girl says she doesnt want me to have big legs. I just dont see myself getting bigger without building a strong base, so the legs will keep growing, haha.

calpolybk

Awards
Congrats on a great turn out.. hard work and research helped you grow to what you are now.. once again good job, and great log.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Why does she have a problem with you having big legs, I think I have heard the opposite most of the time. Girls notice when guys are ready to fall over because they are so top heavy. I say awesome job for putting the time and effort in working out your legs!!

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Why does she have a problem with you having big legs, I think I have heard the opposite most of the time. Girls notice when guys are ready to fall over because they are so top heavy. I say awesome job for putting the time and effort in working out your legs!!

Yeah, well that chick is long gone, and my wheels have progressed alot since this log. Took me a minute, but I decided its about what I want, not her.

I think it depends on the girl. I've met alot of new girls saying what you said, and I think I like that more.