Not an Anabolic, but ?? about Clen vs ECA

Guido

Awards
I was just wondering how much stronger clen is than a comparable dose of an ECA stack. I've been on Stacker 2's for a while now and am almost finished with the 1st bottle. At first I used them to cut up (and they were phenomenal at that), but now I take them mainly for energy to stay up during 30+ hour shifts at work (hence I havent had a few weeks of down time to cycle off them). I'm not plannin on taking clen any time soon (as I'm day 6 of a wicked bulking cycle), but I was just curious if anyone who has experience with both clen and ECA/stacker/xenadrine/hydroxycut could offer as objective of an opinion as possible regarding the strength and side effects (palpitations, sweating, blurry vision, PVC's, etc) of clen in comparison to the aforementioned OTC supps. Thanks in advance.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on how high you dose your ECA's. I try to stay low to avoid the nastier sides..prostate problems, high BP et cetera.

All in all I'd say Clen..at least the first week of dosing is stronger than a normal dose of ECA by far. In terms of sides it is quite a bit more noticable..mainly the shakes if you've dosed too high. The big problem with Clen for your situation is that yes, it will hype you up after that AM dose but it tends to wear you (well me at least) out 12 hours later. Having your heart rate ramped up all day is pretty tiring so if you have to work those 30 hr shifts you may want to reconsider.

I'd say the nutrient partitioning effects are pretty similar all in all. Clen gives a really good pump the first week, but it fades rapidly by the second as the B receptors downregulate. ECA's pump seems to keep going a for longer. They're pretty neck and neck as far as rate of fat burning IMO.

Guido

Awards
It really depends on how high you dose your ECA's. I try to stay low to avoid the nastier sides..prostate problems, high BP et cetera.

All in all I'd say Clen..at least the first week of dosing is stronger than a normal dose of ECA by far. In terms of sides it is quite a bit more noticable..mainly the shakes if you've dosed too high. The big problem with Clen for your situation is that yes, it will hype you up after that AM dose but it tends to wear you (well me at least) out 12 hours later. Having your heart rate ramped up all day is pretty tiring so if you have to work those 30 hr shifts you may want to reconsider.

I'd say the nutrient partitioning effects are pretty similar all in all. Clen gives a really good pump the first week, but it fades rapidly by the second as the B receptors downregulate. ECA's pump seems to keep going a for longer. They're pretty neck and neck as far as rate of fat burning IMO.
Yeah i think im just gonna take some time to get off the Stacker's, cus they worked great for me for about 6 weeks, now the stimulant effect is next to nothing. I dont think i'll mess with Clen, and I'm pretty sensitive to stimulants. But ya never know. Thanks for the info.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You'll probably laugh but I can get by with taking a 25 mg Vasopro tab, splitting into 4 pieces and taking each 6.26 mg piece with either 500 mg of Chocamine, or a half of an Excedrin(has aspirin and cafiene)...then dosing this combo every 4 hours or so. At least the first few 5-7 of the cycle I seem to get the fat burning effects without overly amping myself. After a week or so then, of course, I have to up the dosage.

Keep in mind that I'm NOT using this method to get really really shredded like competitive BBers. It's just a nice mellow way for me to drop several pounds, lean out, and not wig out. I hate insomnia with a passion lol.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
bioman has it dialed in!

I like my results from clen, using it during PCT mostly, and use E/C from time to time otherwise. I'm gonna run albuterol next to compare.

For E/C dosing, I use 25mg Vasporo with a big coffee. Not exactly scientific (a la bioman!) but it works. Another goodie is Vasopro + AMP pre-workout. Or Vasopro + MRM Metaburn, or any other good ephedra free burner. I guess now you can find some ready-made E/C stack products again. I still have a sh!tload of those myself, come to think of it...

Guido

Awards
i wonder if you have documented asthma (like I do) if you can shop around among doctors and seekout a clen script. I mean that's what it's used for medically. LOL, the script price is prolly more expensive than on the street though. Fuckin insurance...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
clen is the fucking worst .. avoid it like the plague

start ec at 25/200 2x a day and work up to 50/400 2x a day .. works best for me

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
clen is the fucking worst .. avoid it like the plague

start ec at 25/200 2x a day and work up to 50/400 2x a day .. works best for me
glenihan, why do you hate clen???

I tried it out for 10 days and it seemed pretty good to me...

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
clen can be useful IMO.
just start low, and i do mean llloooowwww in dosage while you gauge your tolerance.

heart arythmias(sp) are not much fun.

Guido

Awards
yeah well i know that if i had the time to take a few weeks off the stacker's they'd start giving me that jolt again, but if i did that i'd crash at work and my schedule is insane right now. I think I'm going to avoid the clen and just use the stacker's with some extra coffee and pray to god it keeps me awake and alert. Thanks for all the input.

Guido

Awards
well i just kept it real and got a small starbuck coffee this morning with my first dose of Stacker2. That was at 6 AM. Lets see how long it'll last before i crash...

Guido

Awards
well i just kept it real and got a small starbucks coffee this morning with my first dose of Stacker2. That was at 6 AM. Lets see how long it'll last before i crash...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
glenihan, why do you hate clen???

I tried it out for 10 days and it seemed pretty good to me...
glen had an adverse reaction. from what i remember, at 40-60mcg's, his resting heartrate shot up to ~146 and ended up going to the hospital. he's a rarity as i haven't heard of anyone else respond that bad.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely a contolled substance for a reason. I have nightmare visions of some hapless kid downing a bottle of the stuff all at once.

Under the right circumstances, I kinda like the jacked up feeling it gives but I have made the terrible mistake of using it before going out on a long hike...OMG bad idea. I burned up so many calories in that 10 miles I almost couldn't make it back to my truck. Additionally ECA's and Clen really seem to enhance pain reception and perception..my backpack straps had me in agony which is very unusual.

Use wisely. lol

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I love Clen but anything above 80mcg for me and I'm shaking like a crack head. I run a low dose for a week on 3-4 days off then back on and it works out pretty well. Also I hate ECA stacks ephedrine bugs me out and makes me want to throw up so I stay clear. A clean diet and extra cardio is my main tool for dropping some pounds. Var helps as well :D