Leg pain, did I Do Something Wrong???

ILoco

Awards
I pinned for the first time a couple of days ago. Yesterday, just below the injection site, my leg was a little sore. Last night I put a heating pad on the area and after a few minutes, my leg was absolutely painful. Last night and this morning, I can hardly walk, and the pain is lower than my injection site extending to my knee on the front of my leg. I injected slightly on the outside of my leg with a 25g 1" pin. Only 1ml of Test E.

Did I do something wrong, or does this get easier? I don't really want to inject in glutes since its an awkward reach, but if quads hurt this bad there is no way I'm shooting the other side tomorrow.

Can someone help. BTW, siteinjections.com is about clear as mud on placement of injections.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly that sounds familiar for a first time injection to the quad.

Whatever your gear is.. Sounds to me you may be experiencing normal injection pain. Your problem is you probably injected to low on your quad... Injection swelling and discomfort is aggrevated when close to the knee. You may also of not injected deep enough (depending on how far you pushed the needle in and your body fat levels) Move to your upper thigh area, and you should avoid alot of the discomfort your going through now. Also quads tend to feel the sting much more so then Glutes(get 1.5" needles for this), and delts (at least for me).

Your body gets a bit use to it as well as time goes on... but some stuff is just going to hurt you no matter what. Depends on the gear and depends on the person. Test enan, is actually much more painful then deca/eq/tren or most any other regular steroid as well.. so don't panic yet. Also bear in mind that injection pain, is usually at it's worst 48 hours after injection.

ILoco

Awards
Thanks. Yeah I have some 25g 1.5" pins for glutes I may try next. I pushed the 1" pin all the way in, so not real sure how it would've gotten out of muscle.

I really don't want to try glutes since I'm really fuzzy about location. But, to avoid this pain, I think I'll try it.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Yeah I have some 25g 1.5" pins for glutes I may try next. I pushed the 1" pin all the way in, so not real sure how it would've gotten out of muscle.
I really don't want to try glutes since I'm really fuzzy about location. But, to avoid this pain, I think I'll try it.
I'm not all that thrilled with glute injections either.... but next time, My girlfriend has agreed to assist. :twisted:

But if you take half your arse, and divide it in 4.. you want to inject into the upper outside section. x marks the spot. But you probably know that.. it takes a bit geting use too. :)

ALso I would advise againt a 25gx1.5" needle.. They are pretty fragile, and I'd hate for it to snap off during injection... (don't mean to scare you.. but 22g or 23g would be much better where your Butt is concerned.

XO:OX
OO:OO

ILoco

Awards
I have Terumo pins. They have a little bead on top of the needle. Isn't that where it would snap so the bead would still be sticking out of skin? I leave just a couple mm or so out so I can pull it out. I've already got all my pins, so don't really want to order more.

Thanks for the help. BTW, I have a fat ass, so that's why it's hard for me to judge where to pin. Gotta do something about that fat ass. :)

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have Terumo pins. They have a little bead on top of the needle. Isn't that where it would snap so the bead would still be sticking out of skin? I leave just a couple mm or so out so I can pull it out. I've already got all my pins, so don't really want to order more.

Thanks for the help. BTW, I have a fat ass, so that's why it's hard for me to judge where to pin. Gotta do something about that fat ass. :)
Well It's hard to say.. It just eases my mind a bit using the sturdier needle.. Besides the ass is by far the least painful injection site, and will take a poke without much fuss.

Also with a 22 or 23g the injection doesn't take nearly as long..

But you'll probably be fine.. hehe

Good luck with the fat ass.. :)

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Try ventrogluteal. Much easier to get to.

ILoco

Awards
Second time pinning yesterday. Things went smooth, but my quad is sore today. If it's like my first shot, it'll be absolutely on fire tonight. Ibuprofen works well for it though. Right now it doesn't hurt around my knee, but is up around the middle of quad near inject site.

Should I keep pinning quads or try another area next time? Say delts or glutes?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Second time pinning yesterday. Things went smooth, but my quad is sore today. If it's like my first shot, it'll be absolutely on fire tonight. Ibuprofen works well for it though. Right now it doesn't hurt around my knee, but is up around the middle of quad near inject site.

Should I keep pinning quads or try another area next time? Say delts or glutes?
If your not completely recovering before your next shot.. go elsewhere, cause it will probably slowly get worse as time goes on.

I suggest either R-quad, L-quad, R-delt, L-delt

or

R-quad, L-quad, R-glute, L-glute

That should give yourself more then enough time to regroup.

Ianhockey91

Awards

eRICH

Awards
Dude glutes are easy and very painless. Just lie down on your bed with a pillow under your upper body. Twist around and shoot. It sounds way more difficult then it is. The area of your glue your inj is right under your hip-basically the upper side of your glute. I usually use a 23g 1.5". The 23g makes a world of difference compared to the 25g-so much easier to push the oil in. Goodluck and give the glutes a try laying down-its really pretty easy once you figure it out. You could also try delts but for me they were much more painful then glutes.