Cardio/Bulking

tek

Awards
im trying to bulk/gain mass. would cardio effect my goal ?? i usually get on the tredmill an run for 5mins everytime i get to the gym. to get my blood flowing... good or bad ??

builtolast

Awards
You're fine. I'd consider that a small warmup, and unless you're going over 30 min. EVERDAY (and even then using AAS you'd probably be alright) you're not gonna be hurting a bulk. Heck, if you're not so lean it might even help cut some fat off!

Guido

Awards
yeah with aas you could run the boston marathon 3 times a week and still gain mass...if you're goin natural and a 'hard gainer', i'd cut the cardio for now, do an 8 week bulk, then cut down if you need to

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
yeah with aas you could run the boston marathon 3 times a week and still gain mass...if you're goin natural and a 'hard gainer', i'd cut the cardio for now, do an 8 week bulk, then cut down if you need to
You really think this for a 130-145bpm warm up to get the blood flowing? :nono:

Tek,

You are fine doing warmups for 5 mins if you keep your heart rate around 130bmp.

tek

Awards
Thanks guys. lately ive been going in the gym and hitting my legs first. seems to give me a more energy...

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Just don't do cardio before weight training, and if you do cardio after weight training make sure you eat something first. Other than that, if you are getting enough calories and you are training properly you'll be fine.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After gaining 28 pounds on my first cycle, with a huge gain in my waistline during said cycle, I'd say cardio is a very sound idea during a cycle. I found that when starting out on my current cut that my endurance for the first 3 or 4 weeks was absolute ****, and that my cardiovascular conditioning had really gone in the crapper.

arlowf

Banned
Awards
After gaining 28 pounds on my first cycle, with a huge gain in my waistline during said cycle, I'd say cardio is a very sound idea during a cycle. I found that when starting out on my current cut that my endurance for the first 3 or 4 weeks was absolute ****, and that my cardiovascular conditioning had really gone in the crapper.
Way O/T, but...
Max, everytime I see your avatar I flip out. Who is that?

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i prefer to play sports etc when I'm bulking and leave the treadmill, bikes etc for when I'm cutting (in addition to the sports of course)

playing racquetball for about 30minutes to an hour 3-5 times a week always kept me lean on a bulk but if diet is in check you can still put on the muscle...its just nice not to put on any of the related fat...lol

regards,
COTC

PS: Max's avatar is "ass girl" haha

WHO DOESNT KNOW THAT?

FreakNasty22

Awards
arrr matey she is the arse girl, give me the booty or i'll run ya through

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Iceman013 Cycle Logs 6
Weight Loss 23
zach195 Bulking 26
Training Forum 23