on HRT - how long before test levels return to 'normal'?

  1. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    on HRT - how long before test levels return to 'normal'?


    I'm not worried about the presence of an ester in my system, as I am on HRT. I am more worried about how long it will take my testosterone levels to return to 'normal' (approx. 500ng/dl) after I come off of the supraphysiological doses. I'll be taking 500mg every week for 10 weeks then going immediately back on my HRT protocol.

  2. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    bump
  3. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    258
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    86.68%

    Why are you on HRT at 24?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    Why are you on HRT at 24?
    Hereditary secondary hypogonadism... my father and grandfather had testosterone deficiencies.
  5. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I don't understand what you're asking...as long as you're using test injections or any kind of aas, you will not be able to start producing natural testosterone until you completley come off of everything and let your HPTA fully recover.

    And since we're on the subject, why are you on HRT at such a young age? Is this being prescribed by a doc? Or are you just using your own gear and calling it HRT? If it's the second, then I would highly suggest against it....
  6. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    I don't understand what you're asking...as long as you're using test injections or any kind of aas, you will not be able to start producing natural testosterone until you completley come off of everything and let your HPTA fully recover.

    And since we're on the subject, why are you on HRT at such a young age? Is this being prescribed by a doc? Or are you just using your own gear and calling it HRT? If it's the second, then I would highly suggest against it....
    Thanks for your time in contributing to this thread, it's greatly appreciated, bro.

    I have hypogonadism (hereditary) and have a legit script for test cyp (the side effects of not taking the steroid are horrible).

    Let me phrase my question better;
    When I stop taking 500mg test enanthate/week and go back to my regular HRT protocol, how long will it take for my testosterone levels to subside from supraphysiological ('cycle high') down to 'normal' levels (where my doc would expect them to be on HRT; IE - approximately 500ng/dl)?

    Hope that is a better question
  7. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeblasting
    Thanks for your time in contributing to this thread, it's greatly appreciated, bro.

    I have hypogonadism (hereditary) and have a legit script for test cyp (the side effects of not taking the steroid are horrible).

    Let me phrase my question better;
    When I stop taking 500mg test enanthate/week and go back to my regular HRT protocol, how long will it take for my testosterone levels to subside from supraphysiological ('cycle high') down to 'normal' levels (where my doc would expect them to be on HRT; IE - approximately 500ng/dl)?

    Hope that is a better question
    ooooooh I see....that would depend on the ester being used...since it's cyp/enth, the half-life is said to be 12 days....give or take a couple..this is from highest levels to completly out of your system and the recovery begins...but since you're only needing to come down to high normal levels, then of course it wouldnt take the whole 12 days...my best UN-educated guess would be somewhere along the lines of a week or so...but really this isn't fact until you actually can see bloodwork back.....but like I said 1 week sounds about right....or just take two weeks before going back to the doc just to be on the safe side.
  8. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    That's what I thought, but I had to be certain. Thanks, bro.

    (researching gear info sucks when you're an HRT patient... hardly anything out there for HRT bros who gear up)
  9. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Okay with the half life being 12-14 days.. would that lead anyone to think that it might be longer for it to return to "normal" levels? I am just thinking outloud here.. because say you are doing your normal shot and the 500 mg/week..... that would be say 750 mg injected... but as you stop, then the level decreases by half as much per 12-14 days... semi clear?
  10. New Member
    mikeblasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Okay with the half life being 12-14 days.. would that lead anyone to think that it might be longer for it to return to "normal" levels? I am just thinking outloud here.. because say you are doing your normal shot and the 500 mg/week..... that would be say 750 mg injected... but as you stop, then the level decreases by half as much per 12-14 days... semi clear?
    I see where you are going with this... but 500 mg every week (or even two 250mg / week) will get your "total testosterone" in the range of 150mg (actual active testosterone). So doing 750mg would make that value even greater, and essentially farther away from my 'normal' HRT levels. This is my first cycle, so I want to go with the 500mg test enan every week. I feel I will still have significant gains from 500mg/week.

    It'll go something like this;
    week 10 (last shot): 500mg test e****
    10 days from last 500mg shot: 250mg test cyp
    10 days from last 250mg shot: 250mg test cyp
    10 days later: 250mg test cyp
    and so on (because my hrt protocol is 250mg test cyp E10D)


    ****Question was; how long from this (****) point will it take for my testosterone levels to return to what they should be on my normal HRT protocol? But now that I know that it'll be about a week or a few days past a week, I'm good.

    EDIT: I understand that raising T levels to supraphysiological is what causes the benefits, and that the farther away from 'normal levels' you go the more opportunity for your body to reap those benefits. I'm trying to get my levels at a point where I will have sufficient gains, but still be able to 'come down' in time do the quarterly blood test for my endocrinologist without suspect results. I hope I'm being clear enough and not making myself look like an ass.
  11. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Okay.. why not see if you can lay your hands on some test prop.. shorter half-life and it would give you better control of levels..
  12. New Member
    Chute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    117
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    16.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeblasting
    Thanks for your time in contributing to this thread, it's greatly appreciated, bro.

    I have hypogonadism (hereditary) and have a legit script for test cyp (the side effects of not taking the steroid are horrible).

    Let me phrase my question better;
    When I stop taking 500mg test enanthate/week and go back to my regular HRT protocol, how long will it take for my testosterone levels to subside from supraphysiological ('cycle high') down to 'normal' levels (where my doc would expect them to be on HRT; IE - approximately 500ng/dl)?

    Hope that is a better question
    Probably about 2 weeks. Was doing very similar to you except at 400mg of test cyp. The funny thing was 6 days after a 400mg shot, my levels were 667ng/dL. Seems bizarre that 400mg barely got me to half a superphysiological levels.
    But thats probably just me.
  13. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    926
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    99.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Depends on the dosage - about 2.5 weeks @ 500mg/week though, for it to get to normal numbers.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 02:30 AM
  2. HRT, how long before...
    By Woodward in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
  3. How long before my libido returns?
    By UkBloke in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 03:35 PM
  4. How long before diminishing returns with TTA?
    By slow-mun in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 09:39 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in