How much test is enough?

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
How much test is enowgh?

I have a Dr. who is willing to put me on a 24 week regimen of HRT, consisting of 200 mg of test E a week. Now, I know 200mg/ week wont do much for me, so I was going to just cut the 24 in half, and do 12 weeks at 400 mg. Is 400 mg enough to create an anabolic environment conducive to bodybuilding? Ive read that 500/week is recommended, but was wondering if 400/week will suffice. Any info in this regard will be greatly appreciative.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
how many cycles you have under your belt?

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Zero AAS cycles. 5-6 PH cycles consisting of either 1ad, 4ad, m1t.
After reading that it looked a little confusing. I never combined all 3. I started with 1ad/4ad, and then started using M1T.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
in that case, 400mg/wk of test enan would be great for a first cycle. provided your diet is in check.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
no worries. how's the diet look?
Whenever Im "On", my diet is impeccable. However, if im coming off a PH cycle, I unfortunately lose sight of the importance of diet and I inadvertantly decrease calories. But to my luck, I have never lost but a pound or two during my 5-6 PCT's.
My diet while on my first AAS cycle, will consist of about 4500 cal-5000/day. Protein about 300/day. I eat the usual; chicken breats, lean red meat, pasta, eggs like theres no tomorrow, healthy cereal; like GoLean crunch, lots of skim milk, and Optimum Nutriton protein throught the day.
Im 6'0, 230, should I increase the cals or protein?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
sounds like enough to me. 5k cals is a lot. i'm around 240lbs getting 3500 and gaining weight. you should gain nicely from that. how many meals is all that divided into?

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
sounds like enough to me. 5k cals is a lot. i'm around 240lbs getting 3500 and gaining weight. you should gain nicely from that. how many meals is all that divided into?
Wow, if your gaining from 3500, I may just try that. I was originally going to consume about 7-8 meals a day, with each meal being about 500 or so cals. The additional calories were gonna come fom protein shakes.
Im trying to avoid putting on too much fat. I may have been over zealous in my previous post about the 5000cals. My pant size is already 35, so Im trying to keep it in the 36 range at the end of the cycle. If it happens then oh well, thats what they make treadmills for.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Bro, if your doc put you on test for HRT, then you should use the test as he prescribed it. What are you gonna do come 12 weeks from now when you gotta do PCT, and you don't have any more test left? I'll tell ya what's gonna happen....you'll hit PCT, you will then crash BIGTIME because you don't have any endogenous test, then you can say BYE-BYE to your gains. Then when your doc sits you down and runs bloodwork, he's gonna see that you have ULTRA LOW T levels, and then he'll just think that you're abusing what he gave you and then that's it, no more test for you and he'll most likely report it to your insurance company. Total waste bud.

Honestly, 400 aint gonna do THAT much more than 200 EW. And this way you'll keep your T levels in an optimized range and continue to make gains. Your way, you'll use it up, crash hard, lose gains, and then be in the same boat as you're in now. You gotta think this through more.

The only other way that I can see this work better, is if you were to do what you planned and then pick up some more test from your own supplier, then that way you can be on the up and up....follow me?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
you'll hit PCT, you will then crash BIGTIME because you don't have any endogenous test
Honestly, 400 aint gonna do THAT much more than 200 EW. And this way you'll keep your T levels in an optimized range and continue to make gains. Your way, you'll use it up, crash hard, lose gains, and then be in the same boat as you're in now. You gotta think this through more.
i disagree on this. if PCT is done correctly, most, if not all gains will be kept. 12 weeks is a common cycle for a first one. 500mg/wk is the norm, but 400mg/wk will not be that much different. anyone who crashes at the end of a cycle and loses all their gains has no business screwing with AAS until some reading is done.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lifter when did you start having problems and decided to go to the doc for HRT?
after the M1T or what???

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
lifter when did you start having problems and decided to go to the doc for HRT?
after the M1T or what???
I decided to go get bloodwork done after a brief m1t cycle. I got the bloodwork done and a legal online pharmacy that advertises heavily on the anabolic review forums, prescribed the hrt to me. I dont know if im allowed to say it, but if you go the anabolic review forums, the longevity and rejuvenation site starts with an O. Its alot more expensive, but it is 100% legal and prescribed.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Bro, if your doc put you on test for HRT, then you should use the test as he prescribed it. What are you gonna do come 12 weeks from now when you gotta do PCT, and you don't have any more test left? I'll tell ya what's gonna happen....you'll hit PCT, you will then crash BIGTIME because you don't have any endogenous test, then you can say BYE-BYE to your gains. Then when your doc sits you down and runs bloodwork, he's gonna see that you have ULTRA LOW T levels, and then he'll just think that you're abusing what he gave you and then that's it, no more test for you and he'll most likely report it to your insurance company. Total waste bud.

The only other way that I can see this work better, is if you were to do what you planned and then pick up some more test from your own supplier, then that way you can be on the up and up....follow me?
I appreciate your thoughts and will seriously consider what you said.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
i disagree on this. if PCT is done correctly, most, if not all gains will be kept. 12 weeks is a common cycle for a first one. 500mg/wk is the norm, but 400mg/wk will not be that much different. anyone who crashes at the end of a cycle and loses all their gains has no business screwing with AAS until some reading is done.
That's all fine, but the thing is, he won't have an acceptable amount of natty test after PCT is done, because he has naturally low levels to begin with. IMO, all that it would be doing is blowin' up and then deflating...as opposed to someone else who DOES have the natty test to try and hold onto the new muscle....

Bobby Nevada

Awards
That's all fine, but the thing is, he won't have an acceptable amount of natty test after PCT is done, because he has naturally low levels to begin with. IMO, all that it would be doing is blowin' up and then deflating...as opposed to someone else who DOES have the natty test to try and hold onto the new muscle....
Maybe he had his blood work too close to his cycle or pct. His test levels might not have been stabilized. There might not be a problem after all.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he had his blood work too close to his cycle or pct. His test levels might not have been stabilized. There might not be a problem after all.
this was the impression i got as well. guess i shouldn't assume.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
You nailed it on the head. I planned this from the very beginning. Now, I have a Dr. prescribed test cycle. I doubt Im the first to ever come up with this. I got the idea from other anabolic forums on the net.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You nailed it on the head. I planned this from the very beginning. Now, I have a Dr. prescribed test cycle. I doubt Im the first to ever come up with this. I got the idea from other anabolic forums on the net.
Well, you never stated that...I didn't know. If that's the case then hit up the twelve weeker. :)

bigman420

Awards
yea i'd definitely do the 12 week...just be sure to get some nolva/clomid and all them other pct goodies

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Well, you never stated that...I didn't know. If that's the case then hit up the
twelve weeker. :)
Your right. I apologize for not disclosing all details. I appreciate everyones help. It looks like Ill do the 12 week cycle.
Thanks again.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
You could also do 10 weeks @ 480 mg.
Ive thought of that also. This being my first cycle, Im sure I would see pretty good gains either way. I Appreciate all the feedback.