Is DMZ a steroid or a prohormone?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know the supplement companies and the local supplement store will tell people DMZ is a prohormone, but from a scientific standpoint is DMZ actually an anabolic steroid or a “prohormone”? Not like you can look this up on Wikipedia for an answer!

GeneticFreak

Awards
From what I’ve read on these forums it’s a designer steroid. Powerful and close enough to the real thing. Check out my DMZ log for my results I’m half way done so far.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From what I’ve read on these forums it’s a designer steroid. Powerful and close enough to the real thing. Check out my DMZ log for my results I’m half way done so far.
Yes, I have heard users have had good results. So what is the difference between a “designer steroid”, “anabolic steroid”, and a “prohormone”? (Yes, I am relatively speaking a “newbie” who is still learning).

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes, I have heard users have had good results. So what is the difference between a “designer steroid”, “anabolic steroid”, and a “prohormone”? (Yes, I am relatively speaking a “newbie” who is still learning).
Well ProHormones are steroids, they company’s that make them for obvious reasons can’t come out and say that there steroids tho.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a PH in the truest sense means that you ingest it and it will need to convert into an active target hormone. an anabolic androgenic steroid is one of hundreds analogues of testosterone or other beneficial sex hormones, and finally a designer steroid would be considered that which has been tweaked from its original molecule to circumvent the law or sanctioning authorities in sports, these can be similar clones to existing hormones or altogether new hormones never been brought to market.

DMZ is basically a double bonded superdrol which became popular when they outlawed SD. so here is a perfect example of a tweaked version of something illegal.

that said you cant just make any tweak to the parent compound and expect it to work as intended.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Straight up steroid, one of the most powerful too

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We’re living in an era where the government can’t keep up with the chemists. When steroids like DMZ and trestolone become illegal, someone will tweak the molecules and create new “designer” steroids.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Eventually they will come up with something that gives you delayed stage 4 cancer within like 2 years, everyone will be taking it and the government is gonna feel like a bunch of *******s.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Probably one of the most powerful I've ran. Turned my pee into Guiness Beer, but I looked pumped 24.7 with minimal carbs. Adds quick mass, think I've gone up 7-8 lbs within 3 weeks on deficit.

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
Probably one of the most powerful I've ran. Turned my pee into Guiness Beer, but I looked pumped 24.7 with minimal carbs. Adds quick mass, think I've gone up 7-8 lbs within 3 weeks on deficit.
Man guiness beer sound like bad liver toxicity were u running any liver support like tudca ?

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I think I had TUDCA for that run. I was recently single so I did a little bit of drinking while on cycle- poor mistake. I'm sure that attributed.

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I think I had TUDCA for that run. I was recently single so I did a little bit of drinking while on cycle- poor mistake. I'm sure that attributed.
Yea... I always run a cycle support with nac in it and then some tudca also and lots of water but man any drinking in something that liver toxic is a big no. I always watch my urines color and if it were ever to get close to that dark id stop my orals asap

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I agree, I run orals 3x a year so I definitely watch my urine

Pistolpete85

Awards
I second that statement also from personal experience!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
a PH in the truest sense means that you ingest it and it will need to convert into an active target hormone. an anabolic androgenic steroid is one of hundreds analogues of testosterone or other beneficial sex hormones, and finally a designer steroid would be considered that which has been tweaked from its original molecule to circumvent the law or sanctioning authorities in sports, these can be similar clones to existing hormones or altogether new hormones never been brought to market.

DMZ is basically a double bonded superdrol which became popular when they outlawed SD. so here is a perfect example of a tweaked version of something illegal.

that said you cant just make any tweak to the parent compound and expect it to work as intended.
Thanks. Very informative answer.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree, I run orals 3x a year so I definitely watch my urine
How long are your cycles? Did you keep most of your gains from the DMZ? Would DMZ be safe to run 5 to 6 weeks despite being methylated?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My piss never gets dark. I drink a ton of water, probably 2 gallons a day.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Straight up steroid, one of the most powerful too
Funny thing is I bet there are a TON of guys who just walk into their local supplement shop and ask for a suggestion from the dude with muscles behind the counter for a “prohormone” to try. The dude then sells him some DMZ and he has no idea he is now taking steroids! Lol

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
How long are your cycles? Did you keep most of your gains from the DMZ? Would DMZ be safe to run 5 to 6 weeks despite being methylated?
I always run it for 8. Cycle supports and lots of water and be smart about what you put into your body for that time and youll be fine. I always avoid nsaids and tylenol on orals. And i never drink alcohol but if you do its smarter to stay aeay from that on cycle too. The gains really start coming on strong week 3-4 for dmz so i like to keep it going longer

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny thing is I bet there are a TON of guys who just walk into their local supplement shop and ask for a suggestion from the dude with muscles behind the counter for a “prohormone” to try. The dude then sells him some DMZ and he has no idea he is now taking steroids! Lol
Damn, that’s crazy. Do you live in England or something? That stuff doesn’t fly in the US. Only thing you can get in a supplement store is DHEA, and only the oral kind.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that’s crazy. Do you live in England or something? That stuff doesn’t fly in the US. Only thing you can get in a supplement store is DHEA, and only the oral kind.
I get dmz msten and trest in supp stores here in the US

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No I live in the US. Someone on here told me some stores still sell trest and dmz at some supplement shops so I called around (obviously didn’t bother calling places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe). The first place I called stocked Hexadrone (another designer steroid), but no DMZ. 2nd place didn’t have anything. Third store...bingo! He said they have DMZ 3 or 4 bottles. Sjnce it is technically an unlisted controlled substance
, not explicitly banned, but still against the 2014 Federal steroid law meeting the definition of a steroid my guess is they only stock a few bottles at a time.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well i dont go to like gnc or super supplements if thats what you mean
Yeah that’s what I mean. Now I gotta do some searching around my city. That’s good information to know.

While we’re on the topic of legal steroids. How does DMZ compare to trestolone?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I live in the US. Someone on here told me some stores still sell trest and dmz at some supplement shops so I called around (obviously didn’t bother calling places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe). The first place I called stocked Hexadrone (another designer steroid), but no DMZ. 2nd place didn’t have anything. Third store...bingo! He said they have DMZ 3 or 4 bottles. Sjnce it is technically an unlisted controlled substance
, not explicitly banned, but still against the 2014 Federal steroid law meeting the definition of a steroid my guess is they only stock a few bottles at a time.
That’s nuts. I’m gonna do the same thing.

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
I always run it for 8. Cycle supports and lots of water and be smart about what you put into your body for that time and youll be fine. I always avoid nsaids and tylenol on orals. And i never drink alcohol but if you do its smarter to stay aeay from that on cycle too. The gains really start coming on strong week 3-4 for dmz so i like to keep it going longer
Definantly dont drink and stay away from tylenol or acetaminophen wich is in lots of cold medecine so read the labels

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already found a supplement store with the word “Gainz” in their name. I’m pretty sure they have DMZ haha.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah that’s what I mean. Now I gotta do some searching around my city. That’s good information to know.

DMz and Trest are not legal even though they are not explicitly listed as as banned.Per the 2014 law a substance does NOT have to be explicitly listed to meet the definition of the 2014 law as a steroid controlled substance. Cool thing is it is probably not a controlled substance in ANY state law so a cop couldn’t bust someone for possessing it. (Kind of like how a policeman wouldn’t bust someone for possession of Marijuana in Colorado). Also, I emailed a very infamous steroid defense attorney and he told me he has NEVER had a case of the Feds prosecuting someone for possessing one of the illegal substances that was not explicitly listed as banned. I am sure it is only a matter of time before they go ahead and list it.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

So is it safe to say even a “prohormone” is basically the same thing as a “designer steroid” in that it has to undergo conversion to change into a banned compound in the user’s body, but the supplement companies just prefer to call them “prohormones” for marketing purposes to avoid the stigma associated with steroids, thereby attracting more potential customers who might otherwise not use the compounds if they came right out and called them “designer steroids”?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established

Theyre pretty different. I love trest for the feel good aspect. It gives aggression, strength, size, all of it fairly quickly. Its pretty awesome. Alot of people get bad estro sides from it although it never gave me much trouble even on just my AI i take for trt which is .25 adex e3.5d. Dmz doesnt aromatize so shouldnt give any trouble there. Ive never needed an AI on dmz at all. Dmz is awesome for strength, and lean, dry gains. It didnt matter what i ate on dmz i would gain weight but get leaner every time. Great for a recomp

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I already found a supplement store with the word “Gainz” in their name. I’m pretty sure they have DMZ haha.
I think the safest bet would be to go to a brick and mortar supplement store and pay cash if you are thinking of getting it. Don’t have to worry about things like the “online retailer” who is selling it ever getting busted by the Feds and your name, credit card, address etc. being in the system (even though I don’t think the Feds would ever follow up with small time users. They have bigger fish to fry).

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Theyre pretty different. I love trest for the feel good aspect. It gives aggression, strength, size, all of it fairly quickly. Its pretty awesome. Alot of people get bad estro sides from it although it never gave me much trouble even on just my AI i take for trt which is .25 adex e3.5d. Dmz doesnt aromatize so shouldnt give any trouble there. Ive never needed an AI on dmz at all. Dmz is awesome for strength, and lean, dry gains. It didnt matter what i ate on dmz i would gain weight but get leaner every time. Great for a recomp
I heard DMZ is less harsh on liver than Trest, that true? Did you keep a lot of your gains from the DMZ?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I heard DMZ is less harsh on liver then Trest, that true? Did you keep a lot of your gains from the DMZ?
Idk how true that is. I take cycle supports and never had any signs of liver stress on either one. In fact i just got blood work at the end of a dmz cycle on which i finished up the last few weeks on mentabolan (ph to trest) and my liver enzymes were well within range

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Sorry it was a butt text reply oops lol
Oh lol i thought you were acting skeptical about my bloodwork. I mean i dont have them anymore to post em up but i dont have any reason to lie about it lol

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So is it safe to say even a “prohormone” is basically the same thing as a “designer steroid” in that it has to undergo conversion to change into a banned compound in the user’s body, but the supplement companies just prefer to call them “prohormones” for marketing purposes to avoid the stigma associated with steroids, thereby attracting more potential customers who might otherwise not use the compounds if they came right out and called them “designer steroids”?
negative.. designers and AAS don't need to convert to active hormones.. they are active in their raw form but then also metabolise into other hormones.. but not converting so to speak. there is a difference. conversion like we talk about with PHs, happens via enzematic conversion.. and todays crop of PH are at best 2 step conversions to reach the target. back in the day your OG PHs were 1 step conversions. now to your point of marketing, I suppose its all been done before, and you cant put it past em.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
You can definitely run it 6 weeks with liver support. The gains come from a lot of glycogen retention, I definitely look smaller when I'm off, but its definitely worth it.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You can definitely run it 6 weeks with liver support. The gains come from a lot of glycogen retention, I definitely look smaller when I'm off, but its definitely worth it.
Cool. On your first run of it, about how many pounds did you keep after pct that was not due to glycogen?

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Cool. On your first run of it, about how many pounds did you keep after pct that was not due to glycogen?
Hmmm.. that was about 4 years ago. I can tell you DMZ was the one compound that put me at the highest weight I've ever been at. I loose weight when I come off, probably 50%.. but the new muscle I've accumulated gives me a whole new physique.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I heard DMZ is less harsh on liver than Trest, that true? Did you keep a lot of your gains from the DMZ?
I don't believe that one brother. Without having individual test results to compare the two ( I've run them both, just not individually)..... I personally believe DMZ to be harsher on the liver. And most of what I've read tends to agree.
I was actually surprised to read that you had heard that.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that one brother. Without having individual test results to compare the two ( I've run them both, just not individually)..... I personally believe DMZ to be harsher on the liver. And most of what I've read tends to agree.
I was actually surprised to read that you had heard that.
I was too. I had always thought that dmz would be the harsher of the two.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m pretty sure TD and IM trest aren’t very harsh on the liver at all and oral trest isn’t worth using because it has a very low bioavailability. I’ll have to check again but I believe the bioavailability of oral trest is 20% or lower.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m pretty sure TD and IM trest aren’t very harsh on the liver at all and oral trest isn’t worth using because it has a very low bioavailability. I’ll have to check again but I believe the bioavailability of oral trest is 20% or lower.
Oral Trest is an extremely strong compound, it's half life is just pretty short. It's my favorite preworkout overall, and a very strong steroid on its own, or in a stack

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oral Trest is an extremely strong compound, it's half life is just pretty short. It's my favorite preworkout overall, and a very strong steroid on its own, or in a stack
Are you talking about taking it before a workout when your cycling it or do you take it as a preworkout off cycle too? Ive heard of people using dbol that way.