SHBG And Prolactin

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just had some hormone related blood tests back, and there are a few worrying numbers...

SHBG-68nmol (Way Too High)
(Normal Range=18nmol-55nmol)

Prolactin-469nmol (Way Too High)
(Normal Range=85nmol-325nmol)

Free Androgen Index-23
(Normal Range=24-104)

So my questions are...
How can I/What can I take to lower my SHBH and Prolactin levels?

And

How can I/What can I take to increase .y Free Androgen Index?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Repped :)

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Proviron for shbg, caber for prolactin. Not sure about the free androgen index. Have you checked estrogen? Higher estrogen will result in higher shbg. If your estro is high, some aromasin could be enough to lower the shbg. Aromasin skyrocketed my free test on my last bloodwork, implying that it lowered shbg significantly.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not trying to sound rude, but why do you think that’s ‘way too high’ and what have you been doing recently that may have put yourself at these numbers. We do steroids here, where we INTENTIONALLY get our normal ranges, out of range for a desired effect. And depending on hundreds of factors, our labs can go from taking months to get back in range, and some, never at all.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not trying to sound rude, but why do you think that’s ‘way too high’ and what have you been doing recently that may have put yourself at these numbers. We do steroids here, where we INTENTIONALLY get our normal ranges, out of range for a desired effect. And depending on hundreds of factors, our labs can go from taking months to get back in range, and some, never at all.
The numbers are "way too high" because they are well above normal ranges, and are the hormones thay I need/want to be low (SHBG and Prolactin). I want/need my free T (which is low) to be higher, which means I need to lower my SHBG.

I don't know what I could have been doing to get those numbers high.
I take is my prescribed transdermal Testosterone (100mg per day).
I eat relatively healthy-High protein, moderate fat, low carb.
I sleep around 6-7 hours per night.
I drink around 3Litres per day.
I workout 6 days per week (2-3 double days).

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Proviron for shbg, caber for prolactin. Not sure about the free androgen index. Have you checked estrogen? Higher estrogen will result in higher shbg. If your estro is high, some aromasin could be enough to lower the shbg. Aromasin skyrocketed my free test on my last bloodwork, implying that it lowered shbg significantly.
I don't know if they are the same thing but...
Oestradiol-92nmol
(Normal Range=40nmol-160nmol)

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't know if they are the same thing but...
Oestradiol-92nmol
(Normal Range=40nmol-160nmol)
Yea estradiol is the more common bloodtest for estrogen in males. That looks fine. I’d mention proviron and caber to your doctor and see what they think.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea estradiol is the more common bloodtest for estrogen in males. That looks fine. I’d mention proviron and caber to your doctor and see what they think.
My Oestradiol is pretty much bang in the middle of the range.
I thought Caber was for gyno? I've had examinations for gyno but they said there wasn't anything there.
Proviron looks good though, I researched it after your first reply. Have you ever used it yourself, or are there any sides I should know of?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My Oestradiol is pretty much bang in the middle of the range.
I thought Caber was for gyno? I've had examinations for gyno but they said there wasn't anything there.
Proviron looks good though, I researched it after your first reply. Have you ever used it yourself, or are there any sides I should know of?
Caber isn’t for gyno; it lowers prolactin significantly. I haven’t used proviron myself.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The numbers are "way too high" because they are well above normal ranges, and are the hormones thay I need/want to be low (SHBG and Prolactin). I want/need my free T (which is low) to be higher, which means I need to lower my SHBG.

I don't know what I could have been doing to get those numbers high.
I take is my prescribed transdermal Testosterone (100mg per day).
I eat relatively healthy-High protein, moderate fat, low carb.
I sleep around 6-7 hours per night.
I drink around 3Litres per day.
I workout 6 days per week (2-3 double days).
Hey, I’m trying to make a point here, and maybe it’s coming out wrong.

I want to put your mind at ease, but I fear I’m sounding condescending.

You’re fine bro, you are on TRT with no AI.

My labs would be twice as bad as yours on 100mg/day/TD Test with zero estrogen control.

Labs scare people round here waaaaaaay too much. High liver enzymes don’t mean liver death, it just means a smidgy bit of liver strain. That organ takes on strain daily without flinching. High estro means you aromatize high(er) amounts of supraphysiological testosterone than the average joe. Welcome to my world, friend. I look at 50mg Test prop and I start getting gyno.

Don’t trip homie, we gotchoo.
Read the TRT forum, tell your Doc, you need estro control meds. Done....

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a good clean source of divinil like that found in iforces testobolan v2 taken for a couple months in a row will lower shbg and significantly raise free test.

Slimshoddy

Awards
Proviron has successfully lowered SHBG for me, along side TRT. However my prolactin has risen high. I'm going to get another blood test soon but thinking of Inhibit-p or BLR prolactrone to help before caber.

I'm following a keto diet so not sure if that had an effect.

Slimshoddy

Awards
Proviron raising DHT then prolactin?

I've stopped creatine and halfed proviron. I was feeling good but started to feel less so, libido and mood dropping.

Feel good after 1 day of halfing the dose (could be all in my head!)