Prednisone

mphowie

Awards
First I would like to say that this is one of my favorite sites and that I have been following for a while, paying attention to what you all have to say. That is why I want to your opinion on what I should do.
I have been prescribed two medications for what has become a slight problem for my skin, Prednisone and Betamethasone Dipropionate .05%. I have a bad case of Egsema that I have been fighting for about 2 years now. The Beta cream will fix the problem for the time being, but when the medicine runs out it comes back. Then I go to my Doc and start all over again.
What I want to know is if I can use the Prednisone to get some nice gains. I have 30 tablets at 10MG's. My Doc wants me to take them on a plan that will use them in about two weeks time, but if I can get something nice out of this I will do what it takes. The problem with my skin cannot be cured and it was never a problem until I was deployed overseas. The Army Doc's gave my Beta-val .01% and that worked fine, but again the problem came back. I would be willing to keep a detailed journal of gains, sizes, weights and exercises if YOU think it is worth while.
Another question of mine is weather or not I can see anything out of the cream, I will most likely be using it for a long, long time since temp. and humidity and everything else aggrivates it now. Also the area that I have issues with is my back and torso.

MPHOWIE

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
First I would like to say that this is one of my favorite sites and that I have been following for a while, paying attention to what you all have to say. That is why I want to your opinion on what I should do.
I have been prescribed two medications for what has become a slight problem for my skin, Prednisone and Betamethasone Dipropionate .05%. I have a bad case of Egsema that I have been fighting for about 2 years now. The Beta cream will fix the problem for the time being, but when the medicine runs out it comes back. Then I go to my Doc and start all over again.
What I want to know is if I can use the Prednisone to get some nice gains. I have 30 tablets at 10MG's. My Doc wants me to take them on a plan that will use them in about two weeks time, but if I can get something nice out of this I will do what it takes. The problem with my skin cannot be cured and it was never a problem until I was deployed overseas. The Army Doc's gave my Beta-val .01% and that worked fine, but again the problem came back. I would be willing to keep a detailed journal of gains, sizes, weights and exercises if YOU think it is worth while.
Another question of mine is weather or not I can see anything out of the cream, I will most likely be using it for a long, long time since temp. and humidity and everything else aggrivates it now. Also the area that I have issues with is my back and torso.

MPHOWIE
Wrong kind of steroid. Prednisone is not an anabolic agent, infact it can be quite catabolic.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Corticosteroids are catabolic, you'll have a pretty ripped skeleton if you went crazy with it.. ;)

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Corticosteroids are catabolic, you'll have a pretty ripped skeleton if you went crazy with it.. ;)
More likely a blob of fat than a skeleton. There was even a guy on another board who had to take it long term and despite staying pretty lean he developed a fat pad on his upper back.