5mg Ostarine in PCT?

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know there's mixed opinions for use Ostarine in PCT but would 5mg/ed be enough for help to keep the gains?

AlTiTuDe06

AlTiTuDe06

Awards
  • Established
It suppresses so IMO sure it might help keep gains but you’ll need to PCT after your PCT.....

Sooooooooooo no

Arkm2

Arkm2

Awards
I think Tony Huge from EA had some decent vids about this topic

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ostarine is suppressive, so it would make no sense to run in during pct seeing as to how it would just be counterproductive to the purpose of pct

AlTiTuDe06

AlTiTuDe06

Awards
  • Established
Basically just extending your cycle and delaying PCT

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think Tony Huge from EA had some decent vids about this topic
And his videos are to help sell his products. YouTube is not a research database and anyone taking advice from a YouTube channel without doing real research is a moron

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ppl get gyno from osta, that alone should tell you not to use it in PCT.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And his videos are to help sell his products. YouTube is not a research database and anyone taking advice from a YouTube channel without doing real research is a moron
Exactly. Tony does have some decent videos out there, but any of them regarding his products are extremely biased and imo, dangerous advice.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Exactly. Tony does have some decent videos out there, but any of them regarding his products are extremely biased and imo, dangerous advice.
He does Lott's of cool videos and if you can pick apart the good stuff from the bullshyt it's great channel. But he gives as much bad advise as he does good

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im gonna go against people and say maybe. I believe it's not suppressive with less than 4 weeks at normal dosage.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im gonna go against people and say maybe. I believe it's not suppressive with less than 4 weeks at normal dosage.
You can believe anything you want but there are actually medical studies showing that it is

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can believe anything you want but there are actually medical studies showing that it is

That it's suppressive or that it shuts you down within 4 weeks at a normal dose? It is very little suppressive actually and from studies I've read at 25 mg and under ostarine is not suppressive at 4 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Suppression started the first week with a dose of 3 mg and continued. I don't remember the entire study but it was very clear that it's not wise to use during PCT. When I get a chance I'll look for the study

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, the thing that makes this so contentious is that yes, ostarine at 3mg did decrease TT...but it didnt impact LH or FSH, which tend to be the true markers for suppression and the basis for "requiring" a PCT if significantly impacted.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just don't do it. Not worth it. Don't use anything that could be suppressive in PCT

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Suppression started the first week with a dose of 3 mg and continued. I don't remember the entire study but it was very clear that it's not wise to use during PCT. When I get a chance I'll look for the study
This one?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1007/s13539-011-0034-6/full

While the change is small, LH and FSH look a smidge suppressed? And that's at 3mg, how much was he thinking of PCT'ing with?

Just use Clomid and hopefully have 1200 levels... seems better than what Ostarine can do.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many people use it in pct cause supposedly it aint suppressive up until a certain dose with a limited cycle. Hcg is suppressive, some people use it in pct while others use it during cycle. Why not just say **** ostarine and **** hcg and let's go with old school nolva Clomid haha

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just playing devils advocate... I tried to use it as a bridge on my last cycle and it wasn't strong enough to wind down properly, and my htpa tried to reboot.. so while it may be suppressive, and I am not arguing, just pointing out that for some of us at least its not very suppressive. something along the lines of DHEA..

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Just don't...
Assuming your goal is recovery. It is suppresive to your HPTA on some level, there is no doubt or debating that. Use clomid or nolva to get your HPTA back to normal functionality. Keep your gains by eating and lifting as heavy as did on cycle for as long as you can into and through PCT, if you have to step it back (you probably will eventually) that's just part of the game, hold on to what you can till next cycle. First step, eat a sh*t ton of turkey :)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that turkey don't know what he gotz comin later today!!! :sly:

AlTiTuDe06

AlTiTuDe06

Awards
  • Established
Just saying the OP hasn’t posted since he started the thread....

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just don't...
Assuming your goal is recovery. It is suppresive to your HPTA on some level, there is no doubt or debating that. Use clomid or nolva to get your HPTA back to normal functionality. Keep your gains by eating and lifting as heavy as did on cycle for as long as you can into and through PCT, if you have to step it back (you probably will eventually) that's just part of the game, hold on to what you can till next cycle. First step, eat a sh*t ton of turkey :)
I wish it was that simple, if the other theory is correct it would be a pretty awesome edition to any pct. If you decide to believe the other version then sure don't risk it. I guess the only way to know is to try it yourself and see how much of a suppression there will be.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Well the eating a lot of turkey part is simple...

And yeah, I understand the whole debate about it only significantly lowering total testosterone and sometimes free T, whilst leaving FSH and LH not totally tanked (my own blood work has also shown this), but that is still not an ideal recovery environment if your goal is homeostasis. If you want to stay on anabolics through PCT, then why not B&C on test and not even worry about PCT

(also good point AlTiTuDe06 OP has not commented on this thread)

Last edited:
Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well the eating a lot of turkey part is simple...

And yeah, I understand the whole debate about it only significantly lowering total testosterone and sometimes free T, whilst leaving FSH and LH not totally tanked (my own blood work has also shown this), but that is still not an ideal recovery environment if your goal is homeostasis. If you want to stay on anabolics through PCT, then why not B&C on test and not even worry about PCT

(also good point @attitude06 OP has not commented on this thread)
The question is not wether it's suppressive but rather if it's suppressive at low dose and limited time and from my own reading it's not. Now I dont personally use it but I could see the benefits of this theory is true.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
The question is not wether it's suppressive but rather if it's suppressive at low dose and limited time and from my own reading it's not. Now I dont personally use it but I could see the benefits of this theory is true.
You mind if I ask what your reading was? Because as far as I know, there is only one published study, and it's pretty conclusive that it is suppresive, at a lower dose than 5mg and for a shorter time frame than the average pct.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You mind if I ask what your reading was? Because as far as I know, there is only one published study, and it's pretty conclusive that it is suppresive, at a lower dose than 5mg and for a shorter time frame than the average pct.
It might be helpful if you or anyone else itt

1) state exactly what you mean by suppressive

2) quote the data from the study you refer to which supports (1)

Ill be surprised if anyone other than ToG actually follows through with this.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I definitely agree "supressive" is a nebulous term and you probably won't see it used in any peer reviewed journals or publications. It's basically bro-speak, but to me it means anything that statistically significantly diminishes your LH, FSH, or your free or total testosterone, all things you would want to be increasing during recovery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23499390?report=abstract

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, I've been wondering about this. At 25mg Ostarine feels like a prohormone, but my rod and bearings below are doing fine and urine is clear... Unlike methylated PH, even with TUDCA galore.

I do something like what is described. For the past few cycles I have run a bulking methyl PH like DMZ, at end of cycle I switch or bridge to Ostarine and taper that down, while increase the Novla. So oral PH bulk >> SARM recomp >> PCT.

At 10mg or less, no sexual suppression, helps cut and preserve. Feels non suppressive (need a good definition) even at 15-20mg. Using with Novla I can boost my T levels, when heading into full PCT kill the PH bloat, joint soreness, and keep more gainz it seems.

I guess for it to be actual PCT need to taper off Osta altogether. But for my blood work it's been mild and my liver and pee stays pretty clear.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I've been wondering about this. At 25mg Ostarine feels like a prohormone, but my rod and bearings below are doing fine and urine is clear... Unlike methylated PH, even with TUDCA galore.

I do something like what is described. For the past few cycles I have run a bulking methyl PH like DMZ, at end of cycle I switch or bridge to Ostarine and taper that down, while increase the Novla. So oral PH bulk >> SARM recomp >> PCT.

At 10mg or less, no sexual suppression, helps cut and preserve. Feels non suppressive (need a good definition) even at 15-20mg. Using with Novla I can boost my T levels, when heading into full PCT kill the PH bloat, joint soreness, and keep more gainz it seems.

I guess for it to be actual PCT need to taper off Osta altogether. But for my blood work it's been mild and my liver and pee stays pretty clear.

Sounds cool dude. It should be one hell of a boost during pct if these studies at correct.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, I definitely agree "supressive" is a nebulous term and you probably won't see it used in any peer reviewed journals or publications. It's basically bro-speak, but to me it means anything that statistically significantly diminishes your LH, FSH, or your free or total testosterone, all things you would want to be increasing during recovery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23499390?report=abstract
Is ostarine potent enough that it will render a SERM ineffective to some degree? I dont think this debate is black and white; the potential negatives of using ostarine during PCT might be outweighed by the positives. This is generally true of all human activities (ie things are rarely absolute and black/white).

In saying that, I dont necessarily disagree with you, or the general message advocated itt.

I mean, why take a drug (SARM) or anything that could potentially hinder recovery? If the use of ostarine in PCT is based on fears of losing te gainz you got on-cycle, meh, those fears are probably borderline paranoia. There are other less contentious/risky options as far as minimising PCT catabolism.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with nac. It'll definitely not hinder gains on pct, and I don't believe it'll shut you down enough to make the recover from Clomid and nolva useless.in fact I'm not sure it'll shut you down at all at a lower dosage. Don't take my opinion as fact now, still speculating

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'am reading all the interesting replies you guys post.
Regardless of whats right or wrong, 5mg is quite little and i would think you need the recommended dosage to get any significant results

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
We have the study at 3mg showing 'not positive' things (either beneficial or at least neutral) with T, LH, and FSH. We also have UncleSARMs blood work showing a T drop from 557 to 124 in about 4 weeks at 20mg. I would say do all the other 'not negative' things you can do in PCT, like SERMs, Sleep, Eat and Train your butt off, etc... Borrowing from Nac, I say "Ostarine in PCT" was developed by the marketing arms of companies selling it, praying on the misconception that you will lose a ton of muscle in PCT. Old people on a stair climber is a looooooong way from a 28 year old on a kick a$$ program and eating his butt off - it's an OK drug, but it ain't *that* awesome.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We have the study at 3mg showing 'not positive' things (either beneficial or at least neutral) with T, LH, and FSH. We also have UncleSARMs blood work showing a T drop from 557 to 124 in about 4 weeks at 20mg. I would say do all the other 'not negative' things you can do in PCT, like SERMs, Sleep, Eat and Train your butt off, etc... Borrowing from Nac, I say "Ostarine in PCT" was developed by the marketing arms of companies selling it, praying on the misconception that you will lose a ton of muscle in PCT. Old people on a stair climber is a looooooong way from a 28 year old on a kick a$$ program and eating his butt off - it's an OK drug, but it ain't *that* awesome.
Well on that note... I just dropped off the Osta and back to Novla only, plus usual supposed and continued liver cleanse for PCT.

Actually at 20_25mg heading into 3rd -4th week I did notice a bit of suppression and a mild darken urine... So I will head to ye ol' hospital lab, for monthly bloods, to see if I have same markers affected?

Thanks The_Old_Guy.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So Ostarine is sold as a pct compound, my conclusion has not changed, it's not suppressive 4 weeks and under at limited dose. This is like the study of gw on mice saying it's liver toxic at 50 times the amount on an animal. Both these compounds would be beneficial in pct and cardarine (gw) can be used during cycle