Questions on TRT/nebido

LowT79

Awards
Hi
I am 38yr old and have been on trt for the last 9 yrs due to secondary hypogonadism. I have tried everything from sustanon to androgel clomid AI arimidex and Aromasin over the course of this time sometime in combination and sometime as stand alone.

As I was looking for a more long acting trt solution 6week ago my dr started me on Nebido (testosterone undecanoate) injections for the first time. I got my first blood works done today at 6 week and the results are as follows:

Total T 13.9nmol/l 400ng/dL (range 12 - 30 nmol/l)
Estradiol 36.5 pg/ml (range 8 -43)

I am getting second injection in a couple days as a 6week booster shot and thereafter every 10-12 weeks.

My questions are:
1. Are the blood levels normal 6weeks after the first nebido shot? My baseline T without any medication is around 8 nmol/l.
2. Is the estradiol too high? Should I discuss adding AI to lower it ? Which AI works better with Nebido? Dosage and frequency recommendation? Any downside of that if I do ?
3. When should I start feeling real difference both in terms of libido, energy, mood, body composition etc
4. Any positive experience forum members can share on this trt option ?

I am 5ft 11inch weigh 85 kg body fat percentage of 23%

Thanks

unorthodoxica

Awards
I really don't like the way they are executing this "nebido" , it is so unstable and sounds like it will never lead to a better quality of life than the traditional ways of TRT. Right now I use Test Decanoate (Undecanoate is $2 more per gram) and I still inject it weekly cause the goal is to achieve even blood levels. That whole roller coaster theory nebido has got going on makes no sense to me and if someone can explain why it is more effective I'd love to hear it. Much rather shoot weekly for a better quality of life.

To Op, realistically you should feel those symptoms already at your first shot since that is when you'll have the most amount of test in your body. As the weeks go by it will dissipate.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Keep us posted because I really hope your test levels go higher than 400

LowT79

Awards
But isn’t that the idea behind Nebido slow and steady release and then plateau and then gradual level down without troughs and valleys. I showed my reports to endo today and he said levels are fine including estradiol. He gave me the second injection 6week loading dose today and from now on injections will be every 10-12 weeks. Will draw blood again after 10 weeks to see the levels before the third injection . Will keep posted .

unorthodoxica

Awards
But isn’t that the idea behind Nebido slow and steady release and then plateau and then gradual level down without troughs and valleys. I showed my reports to endo today and he said levels are fine including estradiol. He gave me the second injection 6week loading dose today and from now on injections will be every 10-12 weeks. Will draw blood again after 10 weeks to see the levels before the third injection . Will keep posted .
That is the logic but I know 3 fellas now who have attempted Aveed and all 3 of them showed high levels of E2. I believe it can be achieved and there's tons of stories out there of it doing so but when dealing with such a long ester I think the docs need to come up with a better protocol. It doesn't take 4 months to start feeling good on Test E/C/D pinned once a week.

In all honesty is it really that much of a drag for people to spend 5 minutes out of 168 hours every week to pin?

LowT79

Awards
That is the logic but I know 3 fellas now who have attempted Aveed and all 3 of them showed high levels of E2. I believe it can be achieved and there's tons of stories out there of it doing so but when dealing with such a long ester I think the docs need to come up with a better protocol. It doesn't take 4 months to start feeling good on Test E/C/D pinned once a week.

In all honesty is it really that much of a drag for people to spend 5 minutes out of 168 hours every week to pin?
I have tried Sustanon before but hated the crash that follows in 7-8 days time . The feel good effect only lasted couple of days after injection. Then used androgel for a long time . Did not like daily application and also the absorption declined which showed in blood tests. Personally I was looking for an option which is applied less frequently throughout the year. Where I am based these are controlled medications and only dispensed one injection at a time and going to hospital weekly was too inconvenient. The only two options that were presented were implants pallets and long acting ester. I will give it a shot and see how it works.

unorthodoxica

Awards
I personally think Sustanon should be treated like a short ester and shot EOD. To me it makes no sense to pin it once a week. Have you asked them about Cypionate or Enanthate? I honestly have no experience of my own or any second hand experience with medical protocols in Europe so I do not know what else to tell you. Nebido does work I just suggest you check your levels periodically like biweekly to catch any red flags with E2 and Free T.

Reactions: Nac